Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

Majecot

I can almost feel it shuffling in my hands.
Chronata you must be very excited at being so close to the finish of the majors.

SilverWing

I love the name and the card you shared!!! I hope you will share a few more as you go. It's wonderful.

SilverWing

Wow! Wow! Wow!

That's all I can say. After I made my last post, I went on to read the entire thread. I realized that this was started in Jan. What a delight to see these today. I love, love, love the High Priestess.
You can add me to your growing list to people who must have this deck.

Chronata

4 more cards complete!

Hi all!

I have a few new cards to show you...and in the next couple of days I hope to have all of them scanned in!

Actually this first card is not new...and I have been dropping vague hints about it for awhile...

This one was finished in time for Major Tom's Tarot Lovers calendar for 2005...
A few of my fans have already seen the super sneaky preveiw of this card...but I figured now was time to share.

Here is the Lovers...
and if you look back at both the XV and the XVI you will see a connection! (I hope!)

I have actually done a small amount of tweaking since this scan...but it's minor, and probably isn't even noticable to anyone but myself.

Attachments

• mmlovers.jpg
    mmlovers.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 175

Chronata

CARD #2...
I want to thank Majecot and Ravenswing for kick-starting me again!
And welcome to Silverwing! Thanks so much for your compliments! Since you read the whole thread now...you know what you have to do ...lend your voice to those who encourage me and nag me to continue!

This card is also not really a new card...exactly...

It's a do-over.

I have been unhappy with the way the Temperance card turned out. While I liked the way she appeared in her Greek Goddess get-up, and the Rainbow/Iris correlation...I really didn't like the way the final painting looked.

And when I put all the cards together...tyhere is something about the oldTemperance card that looked as if she belonged in a different party...maybe even a different deck.

It was actually a tough decision to decide to repaint...and I know there may be some of you who really liked the first image.
(don't worry...she still exists...I didn't paint over it, but started a new painting on the back of the old one!)

But I really wanted a temperance who fit in with the whole...who didn't look too out of place, and who actually looked like she was attending the same gathering.

I moved her out of the planetary alcove and outside to the end of the balcony.
This version of her still has the rainbows...and the Irises, but I lost those Magnificent wings and had them replaced by smaller costume wings.
She looks much more content, floating next to the railing, than the last Temperance did...standing in that dark space she was in.

And I changed the cups to Silver and Gold...keeping with the alchemical/transmutation of elements idea from Waite's musings.

This scan doesn't show the amounts of pink tones that are actually in the card...so imagine she is a bit more colorful than she appears here...

Temp...Take two...

Attachments

• mmtemp2.jpg
    mmtemp2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 200

mercenary30

After viewing the new Temperance card, Mercenary30 goes and buys $20 worth of quarters to put in his change tin, because $110 might not be enough..........

and he is still very tickled to be a super secret advanced viewer.....(still looking for a suitable frame for that film print of the death card he received.......;)

then he goes back to working on Chronata's reading, because he needs to get it done before she finishes her deck.

Melissa`

*drops a few quarters into mercs jar* hehe ;)
Err.. maybe I need to start saving those for myself!

Chronata.. I just love your cards. I went back and looked at the other cards that well.. now pulls together nicely with the Lovers. I just love it.

And the new Temperance card, I believe is just as lovely as the first. :D

~ Melissa

baba-prague

This is a lovely card - it feels very happy. It's going to be a very pretty deck, with lots of atmosphere too.

M-Press

Keep it up Chronata!
I love the "fairy-tale" feeling about you images... It totally relocates the viewer...
The weather seems great in your deck too!
;)

Chronata

MORE NEW CARDS!!!

But before you see them...I was reminded of this old old thread I started way back when...before I was showing people my images, and before I was certain I knew what I was doing...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17952

This goes a long way in explaining these next two cards...Justice and the Magician.

So, first with Justice...obviously I had already made the choice that since this was mostly an RWS based deck, that I would keep with the 8/Strength and 11/justice...even though it has always made more sense to me the other way around.
If I were simply making this a deck for me...with no commercial opportunities, then I could be confident in my original idea of returning Justice to 8...
but well, in the long run...I got to listening to the cards themselves...and well Strength had probably the most to say out of any I have done so far.

But if you look closely...you can still see my nod to Justice's original tarot position... :D

Attachments

• mmjustice.jpg
    mmjustice.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 193