Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

Chronata

This next one is one of my new favorites...but then I have always felt a great connection with the Magician!

In the TdM...le bateleur is rather different beast than the RWS magician.
But I just love both archetypes so much...that I combined them.

My magician has the RWS dualities...the absolute ability of Creation, and the Will...but he also has a bit of the swindler...the juggler, the medieval Con Artiste in him.

All the suits (that you will see when I get around to actually painting the minors!) are there on the table, and of course I had to include the wonderful Rose and Lily symbols that I love in the RWS!

Enjoy!

edited to put the lost attatchment back into the post!

Attachments

• mmmagician.jpg
    mmmagician.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 223

lunakasha

Chronata!!!! :D

WOW....these cards are AMAZING!!!! They keep getting better and better...where do I begin???

The Lovers is gorgeous, sweet....definitely deserving its place on the Tarot Calendar cover!!! Congratulations! :D

Temperance is perfect...love the colors of her dress, the bright fiery wings...her facial expression is just right. I don't even remember what the first version looked like...this is "it" for me.

Justice...for some reason could not open it just now (will try later on the GOOD coumputer, LOL!!!) I am sure it is just as lovely as the others....

The Magician is wonderful, unique....almost playful??? I do like the way you combined elements of RWS and TdM into yours....again, the colors are wonderful here as well, just as in the entire deck.

WONDERFUL stuff!!!! You must be very pleased with the results....
are we getting closer to having the Majors completed?????
I am very anxious to see more....thanks again for sharing!!!

:D Luna

mercenary30

These cards along with your vision for the book really have the potential to become a cornerstone piece in many a collection......The work is just wonderful!!!!

Chronata

lunakasha said:
Chronata!!!! :D

Justice...for some reason could not open it just now (will try later on the GOOD coumputer, LOL!!!) I am sure it is just as lovely as the others....

I just double checked to see if Justice loaded properly..and it does, but it takes a little longer than the other images for some reason...

Hey Luna don't say that quite yet! Justice was one of those really difficult cards for me...and has always been a card that confounded me.
After working on it, I have a lot of new understanding about the meaning...but the pictures of justice in other decks always seems so...I dunno, blah, I guess.

It took me a long time to find a way to make Justice work in the Masquerade Ball, (rather than just have someone in the costume...)

I kept dreaming about swinging pendulums when it came to this one....so that is where the image led me to.

Now if only I can get through my creative block with the Chariot!
This card's image keeps eluding me...and is one of the last three I just can't seem to visualize properly!

skytwig

Splendiforous!

Grand!!

Marvelous!!!

I LOVE the Magician!

What fun!

Majecot

Chronata I am more that happy to give you a nudge now and again (hey, what else are friends for ).

Your newest additions are stunning, I absolutely love them. You Temperance reminds me of your very own TA!

I am glad you are following your heart - after all it is your deck, and that in its self makes it special.

;) ( it will be even more special when it becomes mine to play with)

Melissa' feel free to drop some coins in my jar too :D

SilverWing

Love the new additions. I can't wait to see what will be next.

Majecot

bumpity bump bump!!

maybe the last cards are a secret?

September Pixie

I will pretty much join the crowd with the usual ooohs and aaaahhs... I can't wait to see the entire deck! Have you decided on a back design yet?

lunakasha

MORE please!!!! :p

Chronata....the more I look at these cards, the harder it becomes to wait....they are just wonderful...please keep em coming!!!!