"The Star" ~~ Majors only deck by Cathy McClelland

MoonGypsy

shadowdancer said:
well, the deck arrived today and it is beautiful. Nicely sent with a covering letter from Cathy and the accompanying booklet.

I was going to laminate them, but to be honest I wouldn't want to risk the laminate going wrong..... they will be displayed along with the other Majors deck I have recently purchased. Two very different styles of artwork, but both worthy of a place on a wall.

I think I could work with it, but it may be on the basis of a card for the week being put in a frame on my reading table.

Thanks for creating them Cathy, and also the care and attention you give to the customer in delivering them. Good luck with any subsequent full 78 card deck

Davina

Davina, i am so glad you received your Star Tarot and book. Now you can see why i am nervous to laminate them! *wink*
Love and Light,
MoonGypsyXXX

Cathy ann

Dear All,
I am new to this and a little shy. But here goes! First I want to thank each and everyone of you for your kind words and appreciation of the Star Deck. Since i have joined the forum I have been a bit overwhelmed from all your wonderful responses. I had no idea how the Star Tarot was going to be accepted. Creating the majors was transformative for me on many levels. And I'm sure you all understand what i mean.
My intention was always to do the minors, but as life is, making the time to do it was tricky. But, I have planted the seed to start in the fall. All of your encouragement has been a great inspiration for me. Thus another journey. I will keep you posted as to my progress. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you all!
Sweet Blessings, Cathy

MoonGypsy

Brightest Blessings, my dear sweet friend and sister!
How lovely to see and feel your presence here in the forum.
Thank-you so much, Cathy, your Star Tarot's heal energy is going to bless many lives, as does all of your gorgeous artwork. You are truly blessed with the golden touch of Spirit.
Your brush is a magic wand dipping into the inspirational cauldron of many colors. i wish everyone could experience the radiant beauty that emanates from your art.:love:
Your friend and sister,
MoonGypsyxxx

FaireMaiden

Cathy ann said:
My intention was always to do the minors, but as life is, making the time to do it was tricky. But, I have planted the seed to start in the fall. All of your encouragement has been a great inspiration for me. Thus another journey. I will keep you posted as to my progress. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you all!
Sweet Blessings, Cathy
{{{hugs hugs hugs}}} Welcome, lassie!!!... and 'tis music to our ears... :joke: well, at least my ears :joke: ...to hear about the Minors, *vbs*... To journey along with you as you progress in this endeavor will be wondrous indeed, :D:D:D

Anam Cara

So VERY happy to see you present and posting Cathy!!
I'm THRILLED to read you're planning on going forward
with the minors!

I adore your Star Tarot just as it is, of course, but am excited
at the thought of more possiblitites to explore with
the expanded readings the addition of the minors will bring.

I hope you'll keep as posted as they progress!!

Love & light,
:heart:cara

p.s. don't be shy! you're among not "just" friends, but
kindred spirits...and I think we're all AWED by your talent!!!
:love:

Mimers

I have to revive this thread because I just received this breathtaking deck! OMG, it is just beautiful and well thought out. How perfect. I think I will use them for one card draws until I get tired of them (never).

The booklet is so well done. Describes each card with the perfect amount of detail.

To comment on a few things, for those contemplating a purchase, Cathy does take paypal now.

Also want to note that the corners are rounded and the cards are laminated yet I will say slightly on the thin side. Not too thin though. I also felt some nubbies on the side. All in all, for $25 this deck is a steal!

Cathy, if you are still following this thread, thank you! Your work has touched my senses and my spirit! I look forward to the full deck.

I go to Tahoe often and will certainly be visiting the studio. I also want to get some of your other prints. So beautiful!

Many thanks,
Mimi

Dain

This is one of the most beautiful decks I've ever seen! I could definitely read with this - it doesn't just "speak" to me, it "screams" :p - and I'm gonna get it very, very soon!

A really talented artist can make a tarot deck function as a "stargate" to "somewhere else", and this one is definitely a personal stargate for me!!

MoonGypsy

Dain said:
This is one of the most beautiful decks I've ever seen! I could definitely read with this - it doesn't just "speak" to me, it "screams" :p - and I'm gonna get it very, very soon!

A really talented artist can make a tarot deck function as a "stargate" to "somewhere else", and this one is definitely a personal stargate for me!!
Hi Dain!
And welcome to the forum!:D i am so happy to see that you have discovered Cathy's gorgeous art work. You will be happy to know that she plans on doing the minor Arcana as well! She is a very sweet person. We have exchanged several eMails and i have her gorgeous set of Majors of course. They radiate so much light in my personal experience. They really are indescribable!!! "Stargate" is a great term! i agree 110%!
Love and Hugs,
MoonGypsy:love:

Dain

MoonGypsy said:
Hi Dain!
And welcome to the forum!:D i am so happy to see that you have discovered Cathy's gorgeous art work. You will be happy to know that she plans on doing the minor Arcana as well! She is a very sweet person. We have exchanged several eMails and i have her gorgeous set of Majors of course. They radiate so much light in my personal experience. They really are indescribable!!! "Stargate" is a great term! i agree 110%!
Love and Hugs,
MoonGypsy:love:

Hi MoonGypsy!
I'm so glad Cathy McClelland is going to paint the minor Arcana too! I didn't dare ask whether she would since I know how long it'd take.
"Stargate" was the first word that came to my mind when I saw this deck a few days ago. It's not a word I normally associate with tarot decks, but the sensation I had was that of a stargate opening! Really indescribable!
Thank you for your welcome. :)

Teheuti

Cathy brought many of her original paintings to BATS to share with us all (there's a photo of her on my blog). This is truly an amazing deck! I can hardly wait for all 78 cards to be done. Keep up the great work. What I find so satisfying is that the artwork is beautiful, the designs original, and there's plenty going on at the esoteric/shamanic/mystical level.

BTW, I highly recommend getting an enlargement of your favorite card. There's so much detail and how wonderful it is to have matted and framed on your wall.

Mary