summer solstice

WinterRose

Missed this spread for the solstice - but will try it today! Thanks, Bodhran!

Flavio

Beautiful and really useful spread, thank you so much for sharing. I really liked the explanation given to each card.

strings of life

I used this spread on last year's summer solstice and will use it again tonight. My plan is to do the reading just as the sun sets and the moon rises, on the beach down my block. Amazing energy and soul charging. That's the goal!

Fly My Pretty

I used this spread on last year's summer solstice and will use it again tonight. My plan is to do the reading just as the sun sets and the moon rises, on the beach down my block. Amazing energy and soul charging. That's the goal!

That sounds amazing aurarcana, it's the winter solstice for me and a little too cold to go outside so I think i'll just have to make do with the surroundings of my bedroom & a heater :D

Madrigal

Bumping this fab spread of Bodhran aka BodhiSeed's as the Summer Solstice approaches. Thank you, BodhiSeed :D

Bodhran's Summer Solstice Spread:

~~~~~1~~~~~
4~~The Sun~~2
~~~~~3~~~~~

Pull "The Sun" from the deck and place it face up in the center.

1. During the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, more light is available to us. What in my life has been in shadow, that I need to shine a bright light on so I can see it clearly for what it is?

2. The word "solstice" comes from the Latin "sol" (meaning sun) and "sistere" (meaning to cause to stand still). What in my life am I trying to force into happening when instead I need to be still and patient?

3. The Summer Solstice is often called "Midsummer" because it is roughly in the middle of the growing season. What in my life is fertile and productive now? Where are my opportunities for growth?

4. After Summer Solstice, the days gradually become shorter, and the sun's strength wanes as winter approaches. What is waning in my life? What do I need to release?

Hope you enjoy the spread and have a "sunny" Summer Solstice!

ETA: If you don't want to remove the Sun card from your deck, use one from another deck or put a stone in the middle to represent the sun.

RiverRunsDeep

Thanks for the bump, Madrigal. Awesome spread by BodhiSeed!
This is going in my journal.

linnie

It's so weird... this thread is up and people over there are madly getting into it, whilst tomorrow night we are gearing up for our Winter Solstice festivities... candlelight, and singing of the seasons with appropriate song choice, and a spiral walk... all in the twilight...

It's so odd to have such instantaneous correspondence with people literally a world, and seasons away!!!

Thank you, Bodhi :) I will certainly file your reading away for half a year away, and maybe work it with a more suitable card :)-)) and workings for Winter Solice...
Whichever part of the world you are in, enjoy the magic of these special times everyone :) :heart:

BodhiSeed

It's so weird... this thread is up and people over there are madly getting into it, whilst tomorrow night we are gearing up for our Winter Solstice festivities... candlelight, and singing of the seasons with appropriate song choice, and a spiral walk... all in the twilight...

It's so odd to have such instantaneous correspondence with people literally a world, and seasons away!!!

Thank you, Bodhi :) I will certainly file your reading away for half a year away, and maybe work it with a more suitable card :)-)) and workings for Winter Solice...
Whichever part of the world you are in, enjoy the magic of these special times everyone :) :heart:
Hi Linnie! :heart: Thought I would post my Winter Solstice spread for you and others living in the southern hemisphere:

Bodhran's/BodhiSeed's Winter Solstice Spread:

~~~~~2~~~~~
1~~The Sun~~4
~~~~~3~~~~~

1. The Winter Solstice is the longest night of the year. Sometimes our lives feel so "dark" we forget to look up and see the stars (blessings) in our life. What do I need to be grateful for that I've taken for granted?

2. "Solstice" comes from the Latin "sol" and "sistere" which roughly translates to "sun stands still." If our ancestors stood still, and failed to prepare for the hardest part of winter yet to come, they would die. What do I need to take action on? What plans or preparations do I need to make?

3. Winter, like the other seasons, occurs because of the tilt of the earth. In what direction is my intuition "tilting" or leading me in a situation where a decision needs to be made?

4. After the Winter Solstice, the nights become shorter and the days become longer. What is growing stronger (perhaps something I had given up on) in my life?

***NOTE***You can use an orange stone, a sphere, etc. in the center of the spread so you don't have to take out the Sun card if you prefer.

Madrigal

This is super, BodhiSeed. Because so many ATers live in the southern hemisphere after I had re-posted your spread I wondered how it might be made to suit our southern hem friends who, as linnie shares, are getting ready for the darkest night of the year. But you were already on it :D

Bright Blessings to everyone celebrating the Solstices. May the Light within be the one that shines brightest of all. :love: