Sol Invictus: The God Tarot - Final cards done!

Kiama

Hi folks,

Just to let you know that the final cards for the God Tarot have been completed, and can now be viewed on the website: www.godtarot.com

The cards in this final update are:

- Nine of Coins (Ivan Tsarevich, Russian Folklore)
- Nine of Wands (Yamato-takeru, Japanese)
- Ten of Wands (Giles Corey, American Historical Figure)
- Three of Wands (Kane, Lone and Ku, Hawaiian creation myth)
- Four of Cups (Shantideva, Mahayana Buddhist)

And some redrawn cards:

- The Emperor (major redraw)
- The Hierophant (minor edit - Galilee in background)
- Strength (minor edit - colour change to make it warmer)

So, after three years of hard work, we're finally done. The companion book isn't far off completion either. :D

Kiama

inanna_tarot

Awesome!

And a wonderful revamp of the site!

So, any other info about when the book will be ready? Do you have an idea when you'd like to be printing by?

Hugs!
Sezo
x

Kiama

Hi Sezo,

The book only has 4 cards left to be written about, an Introduction to complete, and the usual Index, Acknowledgements, etc left to do. However, editing has not yet started properly, though I estimate that within two weeks the first draft will be complete and ready for editing.

As for publishing... The publisher's deadline for a final, edited copy of the deck and book is December 1st. I have no idea how quickly the deck will go to print after that, so it could be anything up to 18months (though probably shorter than that.)

Anyway, I think it's time for us to start planning the launch party. ;) (There we go, getting ahead of ourselves...)

It's good that the book is nearly finished, because I've just started my final year for my MA - dissertation to write.

Kiama

baba-prague

Hi Kiama, Congratulations to both of you! Completing a deck is very satisfying isn't it? You've done well and I know it's been a long project - now give yourself a little time off and time to celebrate :)

Chronata

Congratulations Kiama!!

I am so thrilled for you!
What an amazing accomplishment!

And I am also thrilled that I will be able to own a copy of this someday soon...
it is a deck that fills a much needed gap in my collection...

and I am so happy that it is both gorgeous and well researched!

Wonderful cards to finishthe deck off with too! Love the nine of coins!

Moonboy

Well executed and exciting work, friend!