indecision regarding theme/approach

northsea

I've worked off and on over the past few years on my own tarot deck, but I can't seem to decide what I want to do with my first deck. Sometimes it seems best to do a Marseille-based deck with astrological and other symbolism included only in the margins or book. At other times, I get ideas for a theme deck. I guess I can just draw whatever cards pop into my head, and separate them out later? How do others stay focused on one approach, or do you draw multiple decks at the same time?

Moonboy

Make 2 decks, lol

winnie

Where the themed decks are concerned I would suggest that you have a go at fitting the majority of the cards into the theme very early in the process to see if it will actually work.

Since I started on the deck I'm working on now (my first) I've had quite a few other ideas for themed decks while I've been researching this one. I get very excited at the ideas that pop into my head for 3 or 4 cards, then get all carried away imagining the finished deck. Sitting down with a note book and trying to plan even just the majors usually brings me back down to earth with a bump though. I realise the theme might not work as well as I'd first hoped.
However, if it will work and it's a subject that inspires you and you're comfortable with then go for it! :0)