Purple Peace...

annabubble

I bought a cheap little bracelet (along with two of my friends) while out a few weeks ago (almost a month) which was supposed to bring you various things according to the stone that yours had. Both my friends picked black ones for protection, but I chose a purple one, for peace. They were those wear-until-it-breaks-off kind of things.

Now it is more or less a month later and mine still hasn't fallen off. However one of my friends fell off about a week after purchasing, and the other about two weeks, after both frayed a LOT. Mine is still good as new, if a little looser.

My question to any crystal people out there, is what is this purple stone (very pale in bright light, very dark in dim) and why hasn't mine fallen off?! As far as I can think it's because I am not ready for peace yet. Why else would a £1 bracelet last so long, when others failed? I also remember getting one of these a while ago (no idea what colour I got then) and it didn't take half so long to snap.

Any insights?

anna x

morticia monroe

Amethyst always comes to mind or possible purple fluorite.

dinah1

Why worry Anna? Just enjoy it, let it be and let it do... :love:

annabubble

Hmm, amethyst was my first thought as well, but I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to remembering crystals and there uses etc so I wasn't sure.

Thanks, I think it might be. Still don't understand why mine is still clinging to my wrist though...

annabubble

dinah1 said:
Why worry Anna? Just enjoy it, let it be and let it do... :love:

Good idea, maybe I should try that method, who cares as long as it works right?

HearthCricket

Maybe your bracelet just isn't done with you and was done with the others, so it has not left you, yet. Let it do its job and calmly release it when it breaks off. :)

wumpkie

I had one of those tied around my ankle and it was on the for a good two and a half months before it came off. But like dinah1 said, Why worry? :)

If it these bracelets are the what I think the are, I came to the conclusion they are only coloured beads, but, alot can come from just the power of colours.

(The ones I had where almost what looked like straw coloured thread and I think 3 beads either side of a central charm)

memries

I would go and buy one that I would use. Amethyst is so lovely and comforting. Replace it, obviously it suits you or it would not be around your wrist for so long.

annabubble

wumpkie said:
I had one of those tied around my ankle and it was on the for a good two and a half months before it came off. But like dinah1 said, Why worry? :)

If it these bracelets are the what I think the are, I came to the conclusion they are only coloured beads, but, alot can come from just the power of colours.

(The ones I had where almost what looked like straw coloured thread and I think 3 beads either side of a central charm)

Out of pure curiosity, was your bracelet from the Blue Planet Aquarium? It sounds very similar to mine...

wumpkie

Sorry for the delay...
No mine weren't, I got two from Wales and one from a little gift shop where I live. When I purchased them they were on a 4-way small wooden stand (In both establisments)

My mother has just made me laugh, she too purchased them at the same time I did and everytime they came off, she kept the beads and charms and has just made them into a small bracelet for herself and she's only just did it this morning :D