Vanessa Study Group proposal thread

faunabay

Keavy McGee said:
Yay!! Welcome, fb!! I have a feeling that *study* with this deck might have a really different interpretation than anything we've done in the past })
LOL Good point Keavy! :joke:

Truely though, on a sort of serious note. The problem I personally have with study groups is I have trouble seeing things in cards that I'm NOT using in a reading. It's almost like whatever the reading is for causes me to see different things. And if I just set out a card and try to come up with things I draw a blank. :(

Keavy McGee

faunabay said:
LOL Good point Keavy! :joke:

Truely though, on a sort of serious note. The problem I personally have with study groups is I have trouble seeing things in cards that I'm NOT using in a reading. It's almost like whatever the reading is for causes me to see different things. And if I just set out a card and try to come up with things I draw a blank. :(
Hey FB, great comment!!

One of my little ideas for getting started was that we might each draw a card from our own Vanessa to introduce ourselves to the Group.

Another idea I had was that we could each draw a card for someone ELSE in the group and *read* what we thought that person might have to bring to our little soiree. Could be fun!!

***btw, I did think we might just wait a couple of days for Hemera's deck to arrive this week, though, as she was instrumental in getting the SG off the ground :***

When I first started IDSing with the Vanessa back in June, I thought I was going to follow the path that others had trod, researching and studying the cards in a systematic manner. Turned out all the Vanessa wanted to do was play, i.e., read. Which eventually turned into our little Study Group!

And the reason I even IDS'd with Vanessa in the first place is that I was doing reading exchange after exchange with her, without even realizing it.

My point is that, for me, while it's a fun, sassy, flirty, cheeky deck, for me it is a reading deck. I read with it, I can't say it any plainer than that. And reading with it, I discover what the cards mean, and those meanings are always in the context of the question being asked.

So I have a couple of thoughts:

~ I figured this group was more of a Play Date with Friends, and as far as I can tell from who has signed on, it looks like we're all pretty much in the same mindset. :joke:

~ Everybody learns and "studies" differently and there's room in the group for all Learning Types and Styles. Anyone in this group who wants to can read for me any time. Then you can post on the cards that came up, if that works for you. You don't have to post the reading here but maybe what you saw in the cards as a result of the reading, if that makes sense :bugeyed: (*too many words for this early in the morning, LOL*)

~ You can comment on what others post and add to it.

~ You can read for others and post what you learned from those readings. I started a Date Night with Vanessa reading thread last Friday night and had fun doing open readings on the Forum. Scared the Victorias Secrets off me, but I actually enjoyed it immensely and will probably do it again this week :D

~ You can do some cool thing I've never even thought of!!

Honestly, just come, hang out, read and chat, have fun with a great deck and some crazy people (hope nobody here is insulted, LOL)

I kind of get hives if I think about starting at Card 1 and doing a forced march all the way to Card 78. I figured we'd do this as a virtual conga line, bobbing and gyrating our way through the cards as we felt like it and as we felt them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guMYPbHkXY8&feature=related

The whole thing I wanted to do ~ which I know won't surprise you, fb :laugh: ~ with the deck and the group is have fun!! When it stops being fun, we'll all be off somewhere doing something more fun, so my vision is Vanessa = funfunfun!!

Verbose as usual....I'll shut up now!! :joke::joke::joke:

Whatcha think?

:D:party::D

K:heart:

Hemera

Keavy McGee said:
***btw, I did think we might just wait a couple of days for Hemera's deck to arrive this week, though, as she was instrumental in getting the SG off the ground :***
LOL :D but please don´t wait for me. I´ll enjoy reading your posts while the deck is on the mail on its way to me.
Keavy McGee said:
Honestly, just come, hang out, read and chat, have fun with a great deck and some crazy people (hope nobody here is insulted, LOL)
*This* I intend to do :party: :D

Keavy McGee

Some kickoff fun...

Here are a few links to help us keep feelin' the Vanessa-love while we wait a few days for Hemera's deck to arrive:

(ETA Not waiting any more per Hemera above) :laugh:

AT Reviews:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vanessa/review.shtml
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vanessa/details.shtml

Scroll down to see Lynyrd's description of the deck, excerpted below (and be sure to look at his other decks, too :)):
http://www.geocities.com/ugiel/info.htm

VANESSA TAROT

- the Vanessa Tarot, is dedicated to some friends, and named after our dear friend Vanessa who has a certain predilection for cutesy dolls. I originally intended this as a gift to her. However, during the course of the creation process, I began to realize how difficult and severe an undertaking creating 78 images would be. Needless to say, the whole deck's still in the process of becoming (now that sounds more dignified than "unfinished"!)...

please feel free to read the rest of Lynyrd's article at the link above...

A quickie review:
http://evenstarmuses.wordpress.com/2008/04/29/vanessa-tarot/

A 3-card online reading:
http://inthecards.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/vanessa-tarot-three-card-spread/

Another little review:
http://www.loveoftarot.com/tarotimagesreviews/vanessatarot.html

And one last review:
http://janetboyer.com/Vanessa_Tarot.html

Ok, done, gotta go find some music now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psHGKVVcHa8

Enjoy!!

Hemera

So Lynyrd is a he?:bugeyed:
Did he end up having Kings in the deck? What are the courts ? (Page, Knight..?)

Is Wands really Air and Swords Fire? (ouch.. *that* would be tough..)

Oh, the Moon is so cute. I did not get it at first, until I read about the lobster on the plate :D LOL

I guess the cards are nowhere to seen in the net? (I mean all of them) ( Did Taroteca remove them from their site? I read something like that somewhere..)

Keavy McGee

Hemera said:
So Lynyrd is a he?:bugeyed:
Yep! There are a few pics of Lynyrd aka blue_fusion on this thread:
here

Hemera said:
Did he end up having Kings in the deck? What are the courts ? (Page, Knight..?)
Yep, Kings are there. Page, Knight, Queen, King.

Hemera said:
Is Wands really Air and Swords Fire? (ouch.. *that* would be tough..)
I think so. I don't see it spelled out in the lwb though.

Hemera said:
Oh, the Moon is so cute. I did not get it at first, until I read about the lobster on the plate :D LOL

I guess the cards are nowhere to seen in the net? (I mean all of them) ( Did Taroteca remove them from their site? I read something like that somewhere..)
I emailed Taroteca but haven't received a reply so I don't have any information there.
I know the old link to Lynyrd's images also doesn't work any more.
I did find a full set *thankfully* here :)

Hope that helps, H!!

:party::D:party:

Hemera

Oh wow thank you for the links!:love:

My, he is sooo cute :D

And it was nice to see all the cards,too! Thanks! Now I´ll make a cup of coffee and then I´ll enjoy the Vanessa slideshow :party:

Alan Ross

I'd like to join in. This looks like it's going to be a fun group! I've had the Vanessa for a while, but I haven't worked with it much. This looks like the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with it.

Alan

Keavy McGee

Welcome, Alan, jump right in with both feet, we're happy to have you here!!

Keavy McGee

Introductions

So how does everyone feel about a general, fun, no-pressure question for us all to get better acquainted...

What drew you to the Vanessa? Or drew the Vanessa to you? :D

Why the Vanessa? Why now?

What's one thing you love about it?

Okay, that's 5 questions, but really, it's only one question stated 5 different ways :D

So some of you may already know this, but my story's really simple...Summer!!

I wasn't reading much tarot ~which was bugging me ~ so I thought I would join Thorhammer and the group who are doing Independent Deck Studies, basically cleaving to one deck for an extended period to deepen their knowledge and skill with that deck.

BUT...I couldn't decide which deck to use (I have a bunch })...

SO...I wanted to begin on Summer Solstice and that made me think I wanted a summery-feeling deck...

BUT...I had about seven decks I couldn't choose between and time was running out...

THEN...I did yet one more reading exchange and noticed that for the past several months, the deck I'd been consistently reading with was the Vanessa...and until then I really hadn't noticed a pattern at all!!

So that's a bit of how and why for me, and honestly, it seems so obvious to me now that I have no clue why I had to work so hard to figure out that this is my deck :laugh:

And one thing I really love about the Vanessa ~ it's so hard to choose ~ is its ... voice. Yes, I was gonna say 'fashion sense' at first, but that is two words and would have been really immature :D I'm saving immaturity for later :laugh:

Next?!!!

:D:party::D