Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

Dancing Bear

I have just traded for the Mona Lisa Tarot.. they really do intrigue me..
Apparently they take a different angle on a few of the cards.. I have read the review.. and i am still extremly keen..

There is a Book.. I am wondering is this book available yet? Every time i google they are either out of stock or not available yet..

I am wondering if anyone has the book.. I am sure it would be launched by now as the deck was released last year.. as i see kits available with the book..

Can anyone help me out Please?

F.M. Tarot

I wrote the publisher asking about this book months ago. I was told that they have cancelled the publication of the book entirely, never going to happen! :(. They did say that there might a small PDF release at some point though.

Sorry for the bad news!

Dancing Bear

What a bummer!! I was looking forwards to read about the history and reasoning behind their choice of images.. Not happy Jan :(

edited to say , do you know if the kits have a book with them as it deosnt stipulate.. it just says a kit..

I might have to write to the publisher too.

rwcarter

See this thread, especially Post 50 from RiccardoLS. There is no book, so there can be no kit. There may be a deluxe version, but if there is one, it comes with a bag, not a book.

At this point, I think the best any of us can hope for is for LoS to release the PDF in some form.

Rodney

Onyx

Yeap, I am as disappointed as everyone else. I worked and worked with the deck but in the end I have pretty much given up on it. Great promise, excellent images, novel approach but in the end I never had any success with it as a reading deck and so I had to move on to decks that be reading decks for me.

I have decided to keep the deck, I am nearly ready to go through a big purge of my decks. In time, if the pdf comes out, I may pick it up again but still I am not sure a book would have turned this into a reading deck in the end. It is and remains an intellectual mystery and puzzle which some how kinda fits the deck and the allure of the Mona Lisa itself.

Onyx.

thorhammer

I was waiting till the book's release to get the deck.

Now I won't get the deck.

I suppose they win some, they lose some.

\m/ Kat

shadowdancer

the frustrating part is the fact the book was promised from day one really... even to the extent of showing pictures (if I remember rightly) of how the box would look for the book/deck set.

I was holding out hope the set would be available, especially as Mark McElroy was responsible for the book. I adore his writing style and was excited and expectant, as were many of us.

Oh well... these things happen I guess

Davina

Shade

I think the missing book hurt sales of the deck... and poor sales killed the possibility of a book.

thorhammer

Shade said:
I think the missing book hurt sales of the deck... and poor sales killed the possibility of a book.
I think you have it in one. What a vicious circle.

\m/ Kat

Dancing Bear

rwcarter said:
See this thread, especially Post 50 from RiccardoLS. There is no book, so there can be no kit. There may be a deluxe version, but if there is one, it comes with a bag, not a book.

At this point, I think the best any of us can hope for is for LoS to release the PDF in some form.

Rodney

This is where i got the idea of a kit from, I just googled as i had no idea..
I just read in the AT review there would be a book.. Thanks for the link..:D

http://www.tower.com/mona-lisa-tarot-kit-mark-mcelroy-paperback/wapi/108492920