The Vitruvian Square by Scott Grossberg

IheartTarot

Is there anyone here that has this book and is willing to share their opinions about it?

There is not much detail about it on amazon but I found this on Scott's website:

"THE VITRUVIAN SQUARE: A HANDBOOK OF DIVINATION DISCOVERIES

A Note from Scott

This is leading edge, powerful stuff (in my opinion). I’ve got to tell you that I am thrilled with this project because I created The Vitruvian Square for me. And I have tested and use each and every technique contained in the book. For live shows. For radio appearances. For private readings. And even for personal change work.

The Vitruvian Square is - first and foremost - a reliable, consistent, and solid reading system. If you give readings, there are tools contained within these pages that will bring your craft to the next level.

I just know that you are someone who will read the book and find it to essentially be what you might think of as a personal “Unified Theory of Divination.” If you are, by now, serious about fortune telling, divining, and providing predictions (as I am), this book contains some penetrating and imaginative approaches to using and combining my Deck of Shadows, numerology, Tarot, the Platonic Solids, palmistry, astrology, colors, Alchemy, and on and on. This marriage of various divination traditions is what has easily led others to start personally using the systems in the book. And, I can tell you, in demonstrating some of the techniques during my live appearances, the responses have been tremendous to, among other things, the use of The Vitruvian Square with the Platonic Solids (in plain English – RPG or role-playing dice) and other oracles.

The Vitruvian Square has some of its origins in both the original and Western versions of The Lo Shu Square. But, this is not something that is simply derivative of prior works. Rather, the orientation of the Western design has been shifted from what most people have seen, and I don’t know of the prior use of my configuration and correspondences for the purposes set out in the book. These distinct modifications, by the way, are what opened my eyes to the grand discovery of the Unified Theory; the combining of fundamental divination principles with easy-to-use and regular visual patterning.

For those of you who want a little more detail before you decide to buy and to excite you further, here is a portion of what you will discover in the book:

1. The Basic Vitruvian Square

2. The Alphabet

3. Tarot – The Major Arcana

4. The Planes (The Planes of Thought, Passion, Action, Outcomes, Values, and Duty)

5. The Axes (The Axes of Protection and Power)

6. Other Connections (The Diamond of Harmony, The Square of Chaos, The Triangle of Reflection, The Triangle of Results, The Cross of Desire, and The Cross of Binding)

7. Choosing the Squares to Use – The Basics

8. Choosing the Squares to Use – The Threefold Number Method

9. Choosing the Squares to Use – Further Adventures (including uses for The Platonic Solids and Sacred Geometry)

10. Mythic Readings and The Vitruvian Square (The Hero’s Journey)

11. Medicine Wheels, The Minor Arcana, and Structures of Self

12. Alchemy and The Vessels of the Soul

13. Miscellaneous Odds and Ends (The use of pendulums, success and failure readings, colors, astrological signs, how to read a person’s subconscious thoughts, and finding lost items)

14. Palmistry

15. Additional Tools (sigils, incantations and affirmations)

16. The Vitruvian Palace – An Inner Journey

So, you can see, this book is crammed full of concepts and techniques and ideas that, I don’t believe, have appeared together before. Most importantly, I know that each and every one of the items contained in The Vitruvian Square work!"

IheartTarot

I have ordered it anyway, as my local supplier was carrying it for a good price (about $30 all inclusive). :)

It would have cost me about $50 including shipping and taxes to order it from amazon not to mention a very long wait, hence my hesitation. :(

SGrossberg

Naturally, I thank you for your interest/curiosity in The Vitruvian Square. This is a book that I really looked forward to the publisher releasing because it contains some of the very techniques I use on the radio and in live appearances. I have conducted some seminars and workshops on these principles, but a coursebook was needed. Here it is!

As you can obviously tell from my "note," the book is BOTH a reading technique AND a way to integrate other systems. I can't wait for you to delve into this Unified Theory of Divination.

Of course, please let me know if you have any questions, at all.

IheartTarot

SGrossberg said:
Naturally, I thank you for your interest/curiosity in The Vitruvian Square. This is a book that I really looked forward to the publisher releasing because it contains some of the very techniques I use on the radio and in live appearances. I have conducted some seminars and workshops on these principles, but a coursebook was needed. Here it is!

As you can obviously tell from my "note," the book is BOTH a reading technique AND a way to integrate other systems. I can't wait for you to delve into this Unified Theory of Divination.

Of course, please let me know if you have any questions, at all.

Thanks Scott, I will do! :thumbsup:

I will attempt to review the book for the benefit of others when I have read it (could take a while to get here).

The book appeals to me because it is not just about Tarot and hopefully I can learn something new and useful from it. I am saturated with Tarot decks and books and I am equally interested in many other divination languages. :cool2:

SGrossberg

I certainly look forward to your review after you get the book. Have a magical holiday season!!!!

IheartTarot

SGrossberg said:
I certainly look forward to your review after you get the book. Have a magical holiday season!!!!

Thanks Scott u2! :party:

DrTodd

Vitruvian Square

I have been privileged to read this book before its release and can only urge others to get a copy. Scott came to London this summer and gave us an amazing afternoon of insights into readings of all different kinds. He alluded to this book, but once I finally saw it, I was completely blown away. He has provided a real synthesis of so much material with so many layers of meaning. You will simply be amazed at the power and tools provided in this book.

Best wishes

Dr Todd

IheartTarot

DrTodd said:
I have been privileged to read this book before its release and can only urge others to get a copy. Scott came to London this summer and gave us an amazing afternoon of insights into readings of all different kinds. He alluded to this book, but once I finally saw it, I was completely blown away. He has provided a real synthesis of so much material with so many layers of meaning. You will simply be amazed at the power and tools provided in this book.

Thanks Dr Todd. I am very impatiently waiting for mine to arrive! :neutral:

I also ordered some RPG dice from ebay in case I need them (I like to be prepared). :)

DrTodd

I have been studying the Platonic solids for some time now, but never thought to combine them with numerology in the way that Scott does...you can cast the dice and look at the array, distances, proximities, and numbers for really cool readings...The metal ones are great and they have a certain weight and old world style to them.

Hope you enjoy the book!

Best wishes

Dr Todd

SGrossberg

Well . . . it's finally here! For those of you who have purchased The Vitruvian Square or have been trained at one of my lectures . . . let me introduce The Vitruvian Square Casting Cloth to you. I'm incredibly proud of how this turned out!

http://thinkingmagically.com/Casting Cloth.html