Llewellyn's Tarot Reader

WooMonkey

Just got this book last week, and so far I really like it. The price was right, and I just keep it in my backpack. I'll be able to use the "planner" section to just jot notes to expand on in my journal later. (I don't usually keep my journal in my backpack--it's just too rough an environment)

:)

Galiana

I'm looking forward to trying the Four Week Forecast Spread that's in the Tarot Reader. I'm getting a little frustrated with the monthly spreads I've been using and am eager to try something new.

sassygirl3124

I just bought the book a couple of days ago and I have been reading some of it. I like it. It is good for before bed reading or really anytime you just want to read a quick article. So far I have found some of the articles boring but I also found equally as much of the articles helpful and interesting so all in all I think this book is worth the price to buy it.

Julie

Thordia

I just ordered a copy of this so it has been interesting to read all your thoughts- I'll post mine when I've had a read :)

Flavio

I love this book! although for me is more like a magazine than a book because the variety and size of the contents (articles, reviews, spreads etc.) found the information very useful and the price was excellent.

I'm already working with the book, today offered readings with the internet romance spread included in this book :D

Maelin

I enjoyed this book very much. Not everything in it was for me, but it was a wonderful way to get a 'taste' of different writers' styles before shelling out big dollars for an entire book, or spending alot of time tracking material down. There is really, in my view, something for everyone, and because it is not expensive, it is OK with me that some of the entries will never tempt me past the opening paragraph.

I found the excuse for the book - the Calendar - a bit of a waste, but I suppose you could use it to track readings - I always have too much commentary to fit into such limited space - but that's my problem not necesarily yours!

My favourite articles were

The Meta Celtic Cross, by Kevin Quigley ( I have raved about this in another thread) and Comparative Tarot, by Bonnie Cehovet.

Some of these writers are not published elsewhere (yet) but now I can loook for their material on AT and elsewhere.

Maelin

Cerulean

Ah--a perfect 'reading room' browse...

Or a nice thing for an afternoon hour at a cafe with some latte and a tarot deck...I enjoyed looking through it various times, so I finally bought one to thumb through on my own.

Besides, I'd enjoy encouraging Llewellyn to publish more Tarot Topic style books. I bought a separate day planner calendar for scribbling 'a monthly' spread and other items, but I enjoy using the 2005 Tarot Reader as a guidebook of different tarot topics...really nice to have in the reading room as well!

Thanks to Oakdragon for his superb list--it is impressive all the items covered in this annual.

Regards,

Cerulean

tinkerbell

i really enjoyed mine but as i read it over 2 evenings i feel it could be better marketed as llewellyn tarot reader monthly, or even weekly!! i have a thirst for all the little tarot snippets i can get my hands on at the minute but then i am still fairly new to all this! i'm wondering what will end up in theplanner section by the time the tarot reader 2006 comes out!!!