I just CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!...HOW?

roppo

Mine is from my manga and game charactor "Inspector Roppo", a sort of hard-boiled Hercule Poirot. A really tough-guy with sophisticated sense of classical art and music, all of which I am not. No relation to Tarot, sorry.

Wichasa

I am Native American and Wichasa is the name of my spirit guide. He comes through my cards frequently and so I used his name as my AT ID.

Onyx

My screen name is also my reading alias I use in my e-mail readings. I just wanted to be consistent in my aliases.

I choose Onyx because much of the properties associated with the crystal is what I hope to do with my tarot readings and my approach to the cards.

Onyx is a grounding stone that calms fears, creates feelings of security allowing us to see past fears, stress and transform negativity. It is connected to the root chakra and materializing success and abundance.

It is one of my goals to dispel the negativity associated with the tarot in general but to also work with individuals and groups to see past the negativity that they are experiencing and to rid themselves of past habits and energies that hold them back from finding their own rooted spiritual energy.

Hope this helps understand me, my screen name and my personal mission in life and tarot.

Onyx.

P.S. I have taken to adding a period after my screen name when it hit me one day that it may look like a little piece of onyx as well. At token gesture but who knows, can’t hurt!

Lilija

Mine is my name that I use for just about everything online. I chose it because it's floral, lovely, and rarely taken. I like consistency too. It's rather hilarious listening to people try to pronounce it. I like "Lili-ya", but a friend of mine says it "Lilzsha" soft on the zsh sound, and that struck me as very pretty and graceful. It's such a common ID for me, I have RL friends that I met online 9-10 years ago, that still call me Lili. It's close enough to my given name, Lisa, that it works :)

My avatar picture is Arachne though, and that's another name I take often. I've considered changing it here, too, just to make it match the picture, and the whole web spinning, everything's connected, weaving a story nature of the cards.

Edit: good question, too, very interesting to read people's "why"

Debra

I chose my name by looking at my driver's license.

It never even occurred to me to make up a name.

Phooey on me.

Lyn, I remember when you were successetc. It was sweet, but quite a mouthful!

thorhammer

Onyx said:
P.S. I have taken to adding a period after my screen name when it hit me one day that it may look like a little piece of onyx as well. At token gesture but who knows, can’t hurt!
I love this! I hadn't thought of it being a little bit of onyx, but it does give a sense of finishedness, of finality and completion very much in keeping with the qualities of onyx :) I like it.

I use the "horns up" glyph after my posts after I found it on a music website. I used to work on a lot of mine and construction sites, where when you drive around you wave at everyone - it's the done thing. Instead of waving, I always gave the horns-up, a source of great amusement and fondness onsite. When I found a way to put it on the forum, I was stoked!

\m/ Kat

Baroli

Debra said:
It never even occurred to me to make up a name.

I just used an old Id name from a former job. Never occured to me to relate it to Tarot. It was made up for me, first 3 of my first name and first 3 of my last name.

So sue me,...lol.

Debra

Wait...are you Barney Cannoli? My cousin used to date a gal by that name! :bugeyed: Small world!

(Just kiddin' :heart: )

SherryZoned

My first name on here was RedWood. I have red hair and my last name is Wood.

Well when I came back I wanted to infuse part of myself so I changed it to SherryZoned.. The zoned is like if you are in the zone of something fabulous you are doing. Just totally vibeing with it.

When I do tarot readings through email or etsy I use GreenTrinity. Green as in earthy, green magic, green is the lifeblood of plants. Trinity is because I like triquetra. Which for me is Unity. Land, Sea, Sky...Physical, Emotional Spiritual.

(Plus I have a triquetra that is a greenish turqouise with small branches and leaves coming out of it as my tattoo on the small of my back also known as the tramp stamp)

tarotlyn

Morwenna said:
I'm in the Society for Creative Anachronism, and Morwenna is my name there. I use it on two different message boards (so far); I have three other names for some other boards. But by the time I decided to use Morwenna I wondered why I hadn't thought of it before. I've only been in the SCA for 30 years, and I've had that name all along!

It only ties into Tarot through my membership (in the SCA) in the East Kingdom Soothsayers' Guild.

...goodness, 30 years is a long time to belong to a group :bugeyed:...
what kind of things have you all accomplished with this group (SCA)?

:heart:tarotlyn