Bicycle/Ellusionist & other dark playing card decks

ZKEI

I don't like the Karnival Dead Eyes, mainly because its scariness of the jokers and blood spattering. But after replying and reading this thread, I feel like it's the must have one. I like the vintage look, big Aces, and "blind" court cards (teasing the name of their own company :) ).

FYI, from some reviews, the handling of this Karnival Dead Eyes is also better than the Karnival Ryujins.

How about the forthcoming Karnival Dose?
However, I like the front but not the back of the cards :(

Essjay said:
Does anyone have a link to the Anne Stokes deck?

Eta: Not to worry about the Anne Stokes - have checked it out and it includes demonic clowns so it's out for me! I think I'll stick with the good ole' fashionedc Arcane - you know where you are with demons.

If you like the Anne Stokes, have you checked the Alchemy 1977 England?

However, IMO, such illustrated decks look nice, but lack some kinds of the classical playing card magic. If I need card decks with illustrations, I would choose from a wide range of the tarot decks instead.

:)

Le Fanu

ZKEI said:
How about the forthcoming Karnival Dose?
Don't know this one. Any pics? Where have you seen the front & backs of the cards? Are they constantly coming out with new decks? I'd like to keep on top of their new editions. I don't like the Alchemy 1977 one; it looks a bit too Metallica for me.

I'm very impressed with the cardstock on this 1800 one, and reviews say this one doesn't fan as well as the others...

I have never even heard of Anne Stokes. Doris Stokes, yes, but Anne?? Do I live under a rock?

Le Fanu

Hey! Just ordered 3 more!

Black Ghost Deck (2nd edition)
Alchemist X
Karnival Ryujin

Le Fanu

I hadn't seen the clear one. I had seen the Tragic Royalty one (great name), but I realise that it's the dark/goth/gory/sinister ones I seem to like the most.

ZKEI

Le Fanu said:
Don't know this one. Any pics? Where have you seen the front & backs of the cards? Are they constantly coming out with new decks?
This UK website has a few pics and accept pre-order; http://www.magicnevin.com/
Also, as mentioned earlier, YouTube seems to be the good source of information. There are some YouTube reviewers who get the decks before they are officially coming out. FYI, for the same number of pips, they have the same background design on the card front.

Le Fanu said:
I have never even heard of Anne Stokes. Doris Stokes, yes, but Anne?? Do I live under a rock?
I have not known her either before searching for my playing card decks.
You can find her deck on Amazon UK "ANNE STOKES PLAYING CARDS"
And here is the collection of her artwork; http://www.annestokes.com/

Rhinemaiden

Debra said:
GLOWS IN THE DARK!

actually you need a black light... it's NOT luminescent :(

cardlady22

Le Fanu said:
*cough* Necronomicon Tarot, yes?

I love her playing card deck!

ZKEI

And please don't forget cards from Theory11
http://www.bicycleplayingcardsupplies.co.uk/27-theory11
I've just ordered DeckOne: Industrial Edition. So AWESOME!!!
I'm now planning to have the Sentinel and Titanium.

And thinking about to get one of the Tally-Ho decks,
mainly because some said that they have different coating finish from Bicycle decks.