Death as Someone's feelings

Padma

<snip>...actively harvesting that which is already dead.<end snip>

sorry to butcher your quote, Prudence, but this bit realllly stuck out to me...the people who seek love feelings in this card are doing exactly that.

yannie

^Yes, and flogging a dead horse comes to mind...

SashaCY

But what about good romantic cards after death. I have found myself reading feelings and finding death and after that the lovers or two of cups... Or six of cups... I find it confusing too, but tend to think something is changing for the better

Padma

But what about good romantic cards after death. I have found myself reading feelings and finding death and after that the lovers or two of cups... Or six of cups... I find it confusing too, but tend to think something is changing for the better

That's what I was trying to say - that the death of the feelings are a good thing, because it allows you to go forward and find your new love (i.e. Lovers, 2 Cups, six Cups.) it is not confusing to see that the cards of love that follow talk about losing something that is dead, in order to find something that is healthy, alive, and well. and they are not the same relationship/person. Imo ;)

crystalrose

Death as someone's feelings for another has always been very straightforward to me: end of, move on.

To try and put a positive spin on it - like that person the querant is asking about sees the querant as an inevitable relationship - is akin to denial, which is a common reaction to Death.

Sometimes the Death card means don't even ask, you know the answer, enough.

Agreed. Death as feelings means the person thinks the relationship is dead, over, failing with no turning back. Sometimes it can indicate the person is grieving the loss and it's something they actually feel sad about... Like a situation that has been dying slowly but surely and you cannot do anything about it. Other times the feelings are "dead" i.e. non-existant, stagnant, no energy there at all. Their feelings are not "transforming" into something positive. For that, I'd expect to see something like Judgement, maybe.

Awakened Queen

Death is related to the sign of Scorpio. Scorpio energy is intense, can be sexual, but most importantly, it transforms. I would see it as having intense, possibly uncomfortable, feelings for somebody. Maybe you feel pulled to that person, but for whatever reason, you're trying to resist. It's the type of feelings where when they walk into a room, you stop dead in your tracks.

If you're reading about a past relationship, it means that the person thinks of the situation as dead. You're basically a ghost from his/her past. It could also mean that a transformation took place because of the relationship.

Emma313

I used to fear the death card but realised it just meant the end of something before a new start...very positive..and often by ones own choice IE maybe something you've been thnking about for a long time but finally came to a real decision about......definite change ahead...coming after the hanged man in that major thng it must be a breath of fresh air

Mystica7

Context is everything... and a single card can mean many things. So there are no rights or wrongs here.

We should also consider the facts (of a situation) in 3D (at least as best as we can) before jumping to an either positive or negative conclusion.

If I am getting the Death card for the feelings of my ex-boyfriend which I haven't seen in years but whom I still can't get over; then yes, the Death here highly likely signifies the absolute END. No feelings whatsoever...

But I also got the Death card portending the TRANSFORMATION of someone's feelings towards a romantic place; like getting out of the friend zone. And so it happened and there was no way back to the previous state. The "color" of the relationship had changed for final.

As for the INEVITABILITY aspect suggested by the op, well that's very interesting...

I got the Death card today, for myself, signifying my position in a relationship, and here are my exact thoughts before I did the reading:

"For whatever it may be, and whatever it brings me, I am in and up for my love for this person. I cannot try to cut out or supress my feelings, because this will be to no avail, and will highly likely cause greater imbalances. I can't simply push myself towards something else before it's time..."

So yes, as in my case, the Death can also talk of a sense of fatedness and inevitability as it goes for feelings.

nisaba

As a feeling Death can also indicate that you feel as if you have hit a wall, and simply cannot go on any further, now or in the future. This person really needs to back out of any relationship for their own good, no matter how nice the other person is.

bluelagune

I know this is old thread but I want to add my notes to the meaning of death card in position of feelings. I got death card for my feelings towards a love interest. Something happened unexpected over the weekend that turned my hopes to dust. I feel a deep sense of loss and numbness. It's past the point of tears or anger ... only a deep sense of loss remains. Someone was once there, out of reach but there... now they are gone and I feel empty/hollow/stripped bare/no future/nothing... Someone mentioned that people with death tarot for feelings don't feel anything or they stopped... NO, there is an absolute cold dread of emptiness inside my heart. That cold feeling when you find yourself standing in the middle of desert or floating in a wast ocean. Alone and there will be noone there to help! Death tarot as feelings šŸ˜¢