Benefic ruling an angel= Bad time period

CosmicBeing

I am reading a book by Barbara Cameron, Predictive Planetary periods. She states that if you enter into a planetary period that rules an angle and it's a benefic that the dasa won't be good.

This doesn't make sense to me because there are many successful people with various ascendants and these people might have entered into a planetary period of a benefic planet ruling an angle/kendra (1,4,7,10)

I am hoping Minderwiz has an answer.

Minderwiz

I am reading a book by Barbara Cameron, Predictive Planetary periods. She states that if you enter into a planetary period that rules an angle and it's a benefic that the dasa won't be good.

This doesn't make sense to me because there are many successful people with various ascendants and these people might have entered into a planetary period of a benefic planet ruling an angle/kendra (1,4,7,10)

I am hoping Minderwiz has an answer.

I don't know the book but it seems that she's using some form of Vedic Astrology for establishing her time periods (my search reveals that she is). I've used a Hellenistic system that's similar, in that it establishes planetary periods. A benefic on an angle is more likely to produce a good outcome, especially if it is the benefic of sect, unless it is badly aspected (by a malefic) is in detriment or fall, retrograde, or has set into the Sun. Even then, things may still work out, depending on how bad the benefic's situation is. The only other drawback from a Hellenistic point of view, is if the benefic is badly placed relative to the Lot of Fortune but that would not have been seen as a problem in Vedic Astrology, as the Lot isn't widely used, and it wouldn't be a problem in later medieval Astrology up to the present day.

I can't find any reviews of her book, so it doesn't seem to have a wide readership. It is listed on Goodreads and has a rating of 4 stars, but no review. See if she gives an explanation for her comment, it might apply to particular circumstances or situations. I don't want to say that she's wrong without knowing her rationale in much more detail.

Edited to add:

It's possible that she's talking about an angular relationship between the ruler's of two concurrent time periods; e.g. Main and sub or overlapping periods. where a benefic is squared by the time lord.

CosmicBeing

I don't know the book but it seems that she's using some form of Vedic Astrology for establishing her time periods (my search reveals that she is). I've used a Hellenistic system that's similar, in that it establishes planetary periods. A benefic on an angle is more likely to produce a good outcome, especially if it is the benefic of sect, unless it is badly aspected (by a malefic) is in detriment or fall, retrograde, or has set into the Sun. Even then, things may still work out, depending on how bad the benefic's situation is. The only other drawback from a Hellenistic point of view, is if the benefic is badly placed relative to the Lot of Fortune but that would not have been seen as a problem in Vedic Astrology, as the Lot isn't widely used, and it wouldn't be a problem in later medieval Astrology up to the present day.

I can't find any reviews of her book, so it doesn't seem to have a wide readership. It is listed on Goodreads and has a rating of 4 stars, but no review. See if she gives an explanation for her comment, it might apply to particular circumstances or situations. I don't want to say that she's wrong without knowing her rationale in much more detail.

Edited to add:

It's possible that she's talking about an angular relationship between the ruler's of two concurrent time periods; e.g. Main and sub or overlapping periods. where a benefic is squared by the time lord.

Yea, I have read other vedic books and it never said anything like a benefic owning an angle immediately means bad effects. I figured you might be able to give me a theory because you also study planetary time periods even if they are from different systems.

She just says if you have certain ascendents and a benefic rules angles (1,4,7,10) it will be a bad time period. But she doesn't explain further. Going to buy another book and see...It doesn't align with what I have heard elsewhere usually is a good unless as you said the benefic planet is weaken in some manner.

Edited:
It could that would make more sense honestly....I'll go back to the book later today....I will see what it says..there are some other rules that make me scratch my head.