Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 16 - #166

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 16
Number: 166

Symbol: DELIGHTED CHILDREN CROWD AROUND THE ORANGUTAN CAGE IN A ZOO.

purple_scorp

I drew this symbol on 7-8-6 in response to saying, show me a symbol that reflects my life, today.

I feel that this symbol is about accepting people for who and what they are and about celebrating the differences, rather than judging or measuring them against your own expectations.

I'd been struggling with a personal relationship, in that I felt somebody could not see my worth and instead was choosing to cast me aside and blame it on our differences. But then, I was also struggling with the fact that this was in deed a judgment that I myself was applying.

As I read through Lynda's text, one of the keywords really hit me: "karmic confrontations between the creatively integrated and the unevolved".

This relationship is the reliving of a past-life relationship, only, one of us has evolved a little more quickly than the other.

with love
purple_scorp

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 294

tink27

purple_scorp said:
This relationship is the reliving of a past-life relationship, only, one of us has evolved a little more quickly than the other.

Hmm, yes, purple_scorp, your whole post rings true and has given me more food for thought. Your image is powerful, it makes me sad actually when I read up on the orangutan and learned it is suffering greatly in the wild and could become extinct.

My thoughts.......

Not all of us are aware of the many significant and insignificant signs that seek to grab our attention. When we are like children, our world is delightful, fascinating, exciting! The CNN site below says it all…….as children (a young orangutan) we ‘suck up information from anyone who comes close’.

I think some of the myths and realities of our world have stopped us from moving forward and going deeper into who we are. Perhaps it’s because we are so intrigued and captivated by the mystery, we linger longer there than we should.

Where is that point where the soul stops growing, the point where we can come from a place of being perfect. We stop growing when we think we no longer need to know or develop something within ourselves. We are all students of this world, and its teachings are bringing us back to the most basic of all life. It is a cycle without end, spinning and expanding from.....the starting point.

Many of us (definitely me) intellectualize our spiritual practices through courses, books, discussions, words, but where is it we have put this knowledge into ‘practice’? Spiritual teachers tell us again and again of the need of discovering an activity for ourselves that will lead us towards a more enhanced awareness.

I have noticed we are going deeper and deeper into the skeletal areas of the Sabian Symbols. For me, I’m slowly going through a healing process, discovering not only my wounds (karma) but the wounds of humanity and how we’ve clung to and been stuck on old feelings and behaviors for too long.

Interesting isn’t it that the skull is the most preserved of our ancestry. It has been known as the crystal cap seen on the Tower, looking out into the world. What happens when something ignites us deep within…….it is the fiery feminine spirit that violently flows up and literally blow our tops!

This is a wonderful site on the endangered orangutan, where it’s from and how clever and intelligent these sacred apes are.
The word orangutan means ‘man of the forest’ in Malay language

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/apes/orangutan/
And this on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/01/02/coolsc.orangutans/

From the day they are born, orangutans will "suck up information from anyone who comes close," said van Schaik. Youngsters spend seven or eight years in close relationships with their mothers, then another four or five associating more with juvenile peers and other orangutans before they are sexually mature adults.

"I use a phone and a computer every day, taking advantage of what humans before me created," said van Schaik. "I could not have created those tools on my own," he said.

On tap for further research will be tests for just that type of cultural innovation. Van Schaik would like to look at how simple behaviors evolve into the complex traditions that distinguish human beings from ape ancestors.
Orangutan researchers are warning of threats to any further study of these primates in the wild. Logging, mining, hunting, and forest fires threaten the animals. Their populations are dwindling throughout their range in Indonesia and Malaysia.

"This is our last chance," said van Schaik. "You cannot recreate cultures." He said a stepped up collaboration between researchers and habitat conservation efforts can prevent further destruction.

tink :love:

MCsea

Virgo 16
Birthdays: September 7th–9th
Numerology: 166
Sabian Symbol: An orangutan at the zoo
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Dexterity
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Groove for inferior vena cava
Crystal Element: Crocoite
Expression: Crocoite is lead chromate crystallising in bright red-orange clusters. Crocoite prepares the body for skilful physical activity and mental alertness.
Message: Practical attributes: strength, flexibility, charm and intuition.
Sun Focus: You are asked to handle a great deal in life; take advantage of this and become a valuable mentor.
Affirmation: I am engaging, gregarious and playful.