Mini Decks...?

Gloria Jean

rif said:
What did you print on?

The first time I did it myself I printed on regular high quality inkjet computer paper and then laminated it on both sides.

Now I have it printed by a print shop on a special matte card stock with water proof ink. It does not require laminating.

There are these new printers coming out that are amazing. Some print shops have them. They are very expensive to buy. I am hearing that a smaller desktop version of this new technology will be coming out soon for home use.

rif

I have the tarot nova and it's very cute, but the cards are very glossy and they tend to stick together.

When I first got it, I had to really pry some of them apart, and a couple lost part of their image from being stuck together. Despite my care!

Silver Crow

rif said:
I have the tarot nova and it's very cute, but the cards are very glossy and they tend to stick together.

When I first got it, I had to really pry some of them apart, and a couple lost part of their image from being stuck together. Despite my care!

Interesting, I must have a different printing.

Gloria Jean

My keychain deck is pretty small, but I can make it any size I want just by printing the file at a percentage smaller than 100%. The 65% size is smaller than a credit card.

What size do you consider to be "pocket size?"

Chiriku

Silver Crow said:
I must disagree with the reviewer though, the card stock is easy to shuffle and has a wonderful matte finish. Maybe the newer ones are of a different quality.

Silver Crow, do you remember when you bought yours?

I bought mine when they first started appearing in U.S. bookstores (I think late 90s?) and it was quite glossy but I don't remember any trouble shuffling, sticking together, etc.

It is a very nice small deck and I indeed did carry around with me a lot (and I don't even tend to like small cards). Fresh, neat little re- interpretations of the RWS minors that will remain in your mind for a long time to come.

MareSaturni

Silver Crow said:
Interesting, I must have a different printing.

There are two printings, as far as I know.

I have both. The first has slightly bigger cards, a matte finish and a thick-ish cardstock. They come in a flip lid box. Here is a picture.

The newest edition has a thinner (but not flimsy!) cardstock and a glossier lamination. It's a bit on the sticky side, if compared to the older edition. It comes in a sturdy box, and is secured with a magnetic clasp, just like the Palm Reading Kit, also by Dennis Fairchild.

ETA: AND, before I forget, there's also the tiny edition, that comes with the green book. But I'm not sure if anyone actually uses it :p

Glorimbex said:
By 'Pocket' Universal Waite, you mean the 'Tiny'? http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tiny-universal-waite/

John.

No, I mean POCKET. I could not read with a tiny, my eyesight is not the best! :p

jackdaw*

Mini Albano. My favourite deck.

Glorimbex

Marina said:
No, I mean POCKET. I could not read with a tiny, my sight is not the best! :p

Ah...I have Tiny....which is a little small. I'll have to try the Pocket. Thanks.

John.