the Cephalopod deck

willowfox

It seems tarot deck creators are venturing into the realms of the utterly ridiculous these days, this is not artist license but more like the scribble of art school dropouts.

Persia

If no-one else has done a decent job, I would love to do a tarot of teacups.

nisaba

Wow. I can't stay to do my usual forum-business because I've only come home to drop my work-bag and leave again for dinner out with friends, but I had to take time to log in and say that this deck did an absolute *cracker* of a reading for a woman who not only was impressed by the reading, but thought the deck was the prettiest thing she'd ever seen. :)

DaughterOfDanu

I couldn't help but buy a copy. It should be here in a few days.
Squid and cephalopods in general are some of the most fascinating creatures to me. I've gotten quite a few requests to share where it can be purchased, too so there's more interest in the deck than I thought. I think the difficulty lies in that it isn't illustrated by a popular artist and isn't being published by a major publisher so not many are aware it exists.

I quite like the art of it and the fact it's water color makes it even more appropriate for the theme.

nisaba

Very few cards are above-water, too. The Hanged Squid is in a fishing net being raised over the side of a ship, and the Ten Swords is ten chopped-up tentacles on a plate with some salad ... you just don't get a more direct message than that!

aerosa1

I'm kind of obsessed with this deck -- just because I LOVE cephalopods & think octopi are remarkable : ) I've had some great experiences with these intelligent creatures both while tide pooling & SCUBA diving. Have no idea how this deck really translates to tarot & readings (I'm still very new) but it might be a must have for the deck collection just because it's one of my personal animal favorites. Kind of in the same vein as those who love the cat decks, maybe?

Would love more pics of the cards if anyone has any they can post!

ana luisa

I'm kind of obsessed with this deck -- just because I LOVE cephalopods & think octopi are remarkable : ) I've had some great experiences with these intelligent creatures both while tide pooling & SCUBA diving. Have no idea how this deck really translates to tarot & readings (I'm still very new) but it might be a must have for the deck collection just because it's one of my personal animal favorites. Kind of in the same vein as those who love the cat decks, maybe?

Would love more pics of the cards if anyone has any they can post!

You can see some of them in this site
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-cephalopod-tarot-deck