The Fountain Tarot Kickstarter Has Launched!

mydearruby

Hmmmm, I think I quite like the color palette and the geometric abstraction, and I believe the execution of the deck (with a designer on board) should not be sub-optimal. Just not so sure about the real people models----on some cards they are depicted in a highly realistic way, such as magician and page of wand (I browsed the image on pinterest), but on the other hand some faces are done only in suggestive sketchy manner (e.g. ten of wands). I don't have bias against real people models at all (I love the photographic models in Alice and don't *dislike* starchild), but the inconsistency here just puzzles me.

Rodney please let us know how it reads. I will try to hold for two more weeks...*sigh~*

AnemoneRosie

I, too, will let you know how it is when it deigns to arrive!
I'm trying to tell myself that the anticipation will make it even better but, argh, it's so hard!

mydearruby

and they finally start to ship! Wish I were in Denver last night...

AnemoneRosie

I'm so looking forward to getting mine! Being in Canada, however, I expect that it will take a while yet. Crossing the border is always immensely difficult for goods for some reason.

mydearruby

OK I gave up and rushed to make my order... I basically "trained" myself to love this one (how interesting people can always change their standard...), and I guess I would have to get it anyway even if people end up trashing it =)

AnemoneRosie, likewise for those in the US who wants to get Ostara or Starchild from Canada!

Terrapin

Received the Fountain Tarot yesterday. It's even better in person than on the computer screen. Lots of gorgeous shades of green. Peaceful and beautiful. Full of movement. Lots of Thoth like lines yet mostly RWS when all is said and done. I'm kind of at a loss for words for now, but in a good way. Says so much with simple images. Amazing how color even when largely muted can be so powerful. I'm also seeing dream like images within dream like images. Again, just gorgeous. I think there's going to be a lot of swooning for this one :)

AnemoneRosie

AnemoneRosie, likewise for those in the US who wants to get Ostara or Starchild from Canada!

Well, yes. It's a matter of scale, however. I cannot even get US games to ship to me directly and I have more success getting their wares mail-order from the UK than I do from buying them here.

As for the Fountain, apparently I want it so badly that it's affecting my dreams. I had a dream last night where I was climbing its... 10? of wands seeking out the deck. Sigh.

mydearruby

As for the Fountain, apparently I want it so badly that it's affecting my dreams. I had a dream last night where I was climbing its... 10? of wands seeking out the deck. Sigh.

Oh I think that is the 9 of wands with a ladder----one of the most beautiful images that appeals to me in the first place. But isn't it exactly a great sign for this moment---hang in there for a few more days and your will is to be fulfilled very soon=)

AnemoneRosie

Thanks!
I'm hoping that it'll be in the US for Canada day and then cross the border so that it continues to ship on the 4th of July. That way it'll come to me faster!
Patience is hard. I get so exited about checking the mail every day and every day is disappointing.

**Me: Goes off to read my cards on how to increase my patience**

Tippyjane

*tapping my foot impatiently*