Tarot of Pagan Cats

HallowedNight

I looked all through the forum and (surprisigly) couldn't find a general threat for this wonderful deck! (At least, the regular sized one, which I think makes a difference. Maybe I should explain why?)

Anyway, I recieved my Tarot of Pagan Cats about a week ago, and but just got to reading through the LWB and a few introduction spreads tonight. Honestly, I didn't think I was going to buy this deck any time soon, but after a tragedy involving my own cat, I decided to go ahead and take the leap. I thought it was going to be one of those "oh, look at this pretty artwork" decks, but... I'm actually really starting to like it!

I wish the LWB had more individual keywords, especially for the majors, but I can go through that and make some for each card when I'm feeling less lazy. :p The cardstock is a little thin and slippery, but it's super nice to shuffle, and I ultimately really like the stock. The artwork is just gorgeous~ I especially like Death, Judgement, The Hermit, the Eight of Wands, and the Knave (Page) of Swords (which looks like my late furry friend).

I did a little "get to know you" spread, and got the Two of Pentacles for a card that represents the deck as a whole; apparently it's a very balanced deck, and the Ace of Swords in the "strengths as a deck" position suggests it'll be great at showing some new perspectives on things!

I'm honestly much more excited to start reading with this deck than I thought I would be, hence my rambling!
Does anyone else have experiences with this deck you'd like to share? I'm dying to hesr more about it, I'm so intrigued. :D

tarotlova

I have this deck and was quiet surprised at the quality of the readings, it's a lovely deck. :)

Emily

I have both the standard size and the Mini. I like it because all the cats are doing cat things, they haven't been dressed as human or posed. You have cats sleeping on cushions, playing with wool, generally being cats.

It reads very well as a Rider Waite clone deck, all the cards match in a cat way to Rider Waite symbolism. The Minors are just as colourful and vibrant as the Majors. Also it has been very well drawn, the attention to detail is beautiful.

The mini is perfect for carrying around and is still as sharp and clear as the standard size. :)

Madrigal

I have this and really like it. I've found though that it's not a deck sitters want to use. They seem to think cats=flaky, that they're not going to get a serious reading with it :( And yet it holds its own beautifully against the more standard RWS decks. Sigh, I'd like to use it more often.

HallowedNight

I have this deck and was quiet surprised at the quality of the readings, it's a lovely deck. :)

I think that might be a theme of this deck! The readings are so surprisingly accurate... Cats and tarot just go together, apparently. :p

It reads very well as a Rider Waite clone deck, all the cards match in a cat way to Rider Waite symbolism. The Minors are just as colourful and vibrant as the Majors. Also it has been very well drawn, the attention to detail is beautiful.

The mini is perfect for carrying around and is still as sharp and clear as the standard size. :)

I was so happy to see that the minors were fully illustrated. Some of them are just absolurely gorgeous, and the author/artist both did a magnificent job at keeping the RWS symbolism while still giving the deck a fresh feeling and perspective. I only have one RWS clone, and I've literally never even shuffled it; I was afraid that this was gonna be a little like that, but its just awesome in how it retains that "classic" feeling while still being beautiful and original.

Do you like the mini size? I'm seriously considering getting one in the future, now that I see how amazing the larger size is. I have a hard time shffling normal sized cards (tiny hands), so I figure the mini would be easier for in public when I really don't wanna play 78 card pick-up. XD

I have this and really like it. I've found though that it's not a deck sitters want to use. They seem to think cats=flaky, that they're not going to get a serious reading with it :( And yet it holds its own beautifully against the more standard RWS decks. Sigh, I'd like to use it more often.

Aw, that's such a shame! I don't actually do many readings for other people, so I've never experienced deck prejudice, but it must get a little boring using the same decks all the time. ):

Padma

I really like mine a lot! I love the artwork, and I find it so easy to read with. I should take it out more often - it does a great job when you are doing intuitive interpretation of the cards. Very chatty and sociable deck! (odd for a cat, really! haha ;) ) but in an elegant and kindly sort of way, if you know what I mean?

For a while, I worked quite often with both my Bohemian Cat tarot and the Pagan Cat tarot, so I have been giving them a rest....cats need to sleep! ;)

DaughterOfDanu

I have the full size. Always meant to get the mini, but am just as happy with the regular size.

It's got a much different vibe than my Baroque Bohemian Cats tarot (Which I mostly use the mini version) It's a lot more playful and lighthearted. I don't use it as often as I should, but it's one of the decks that I'm glad to have in my collection. I love that it features a cat's connection to the magickal side of life- something that I think most cats have.

Madrigal

For a while, I worked quite often with both my Bohemian Cat tarot and the Pagan Cat tarot, so I have been giving them a rest....cats need to sleep! ;)

I paired the Pagan Cats up with the Mystical Cats and the Tarot of White Cats with the Marseille Cats. It was a great few weeks. The decks worked very well together, communicating back and forth effortlessly. Meow ;)

gregory

Pagan Cats is The Best.

Simples :D

Cocobird55

This is my favorite cat deck.