Tarot of Pagan Cats

Thoughtful

l adore this deck it has given some very accurate and insightful readings. Of all the cat decks l have looked at this one really charmed me, l like the fact they are normal, playful and comforting. My daughter adores this deck and will always ask for a reading with this one.
l just cannot bear to see cats dressed up and trying to be something they are not. These cats are normal and portrayed very much as cats doing what cats do. A beautiful tarot and very well executed.

feynrir

Absolutely 100% the best cat deck, as far as my personal tastes go!

It's a frequent reader for me. I had a mini and loved it to pieces--traded it away. And the tradee LOVES it still :D We've talked about our love for it a couple times.

Naturally, I couldn't resist getting the standard size. I'd honestly be hard-pressed to get the mini again, just because I think the artwork is so beautiful that it really deserves full-size status.

I also happen to be more of a rabbit-person and even more of a dog-person than a cat person, but this deck is just awesome. I think it actually helped me like cats even more! :D

Tanga

Here it is:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/pagan-cats/

I was delighted to find a cat deck that had cats doing cat things and being properly cat-like, rather than dressed up doing people things. (Ditto Emily really).
I have both the full size and the pocket version, and I find it a great deck for cheering me up.
So if I'm feeling fragile, it's one of my preferred decks at this time.

treelet

I am neither pagan nor have I ever owned a cat and I simply LOVE this deck. I spent the last three days trimming the deck and writing down impressions and interpretations of each card and I am bowled over at what a warm, playful, insightful deck this is. I, too, appreciate the art depicting cats being cats.

The minors are chock full of symbolism and meaning and I love the repeated presence of certain cats (The Fool, The Hanged Man, and The World, for example), the unity of certain elements (the stone thrones/enlarged suite symbols for the kings and the baby animals/colored pillows/flowers for the queens), and the pairing of certain cards. Certain cats have collars and the collars have meaning, certain cats wield (or don't wield) magic wands and some carry longer martial wands; pentacles can be coins or they can be globes. There's lots and lots of color and flower symbolism to sift through, such as why the night sky for certain cards are black and some are blue and some are a mixture of the two. Linking the Four and Ten of Swords was brilliant, imo, and a great way to "soften" the Ten without stripping any of its meaning, making this deck very appropriate for younger readers and querents. I would love to use this deck to teach tarot to someone.

I agree with the cardstock being a little shiny and slippery. I was worried about it feeling flimsy out of the box, but it's really satisfying to shuffle and trimming it has really pushed the deck to everyday reading status for me. The art is truly beautiful and I've come to greatly appreciate the sheer thought and detail put into every card.

I am really surprised by how much I adore this deck. I think the next time I have a pet, I'll adopt a cat!

Emily

Do you like the mini size? I'm seriously considering getting one in the future, now that I see how amazing the larger size is. I have a hard time shffling normal sized cards (tiny hands), so I figure the mini would be easier for in public when I really don't wanna play 78 card pick-up. XD:

The mini is a nice size, very portable. I like both sizes and use both of them.

Another thing I like about the artwork is the artist didn't cheat. Lots of black and white cats turn up in the deck on various cards and each one is drawn fresh each time, no copying from one card to another. The Fool and World cards show this as well, the same cat shows up on both cards - twice on each card but they have all been freshly drawn, not just copied. I like that, it shows the artist cared about what they were doing and didn't just go the easy way of copying then just altering each card.

I tried to pick out some favourite cards but there are so many I gave up. :)

Madrigal

I love the backs on this deck.

Dark Victory '39

I've become super bonded to this deck; in part because i started w/ the mini and it's so lightweight and tiny it can fit in the smallest going-out bag or clutch; so anyway i had it on hand in surprising out-in-the-world situations. (I usually do become bonded to whatever my purse deck is). Stage two was when i found myself in the middle of the night if i couldn't sleep going to get it out of my bag and sitting up in bed staring more carefully at the images. Shortly after this began i started a list of all the pagan elements. It really seems like the creators of it put some thought into the images. What do people make of that World card anyway? Is it the Fool dreaming the World up?

Anyway, stage three was when a friend wanted a reading for her sex life. I've never seen anything so funny as those lithe cats telling her where to park it and what to do. Shortly after this i bought the regular full-size. Best purchase! I can't get over how much better i can see their expressions, and many of the backgrounds: judgement, 8 cups, etc have a lot of detail that's worth being able to look more closely at.

Madrigal

Anyway, stage three was when a friend wanted a reading for her sex life. I've never seen anything so funny as those lithe cats telling her where to park it and what to do.

:joke::joke::joke:

Thoughtful

What do people make of that World card anyway? Is it the Fool dreaming the World up?

Yes l would say so.
The World card is the fulfilment of how far he came from the early Fool card days. He dreamt of what he wanted, somewhere to be comfortable, food.... now his world has been realised.

HallowedNight

The mini is a nice size, very portable. I like both sizes and use both of them.

Oh awesome! I'll probably end up getting the mini, I'm really starting to adore this deck. c: In fact, I've actually been using it more than my Wild Unknown recently, which is pretty surprising considering how much I love the WU. I just love the artwork of the Pagan Cats, it's so beautiful!

The only trouble I've been having is with the court cards. The LWB doesn't really help with those at all, so I've been devising my own meanings, sort of. It's a really fun project, actually!