French Cartomancy or Blue Owl?

greenseer

Hey all :) I'm thinking of buying my first Lenormand deck, and I just wondered if anyone had any comments on whether they would recommend the French Cartomancy deck or the Blue Owl deck (the one with the playing cards not the poems). If anyone has any help in regards to size/card quality that would be really helpful!

reall

I prefer this http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mlle-lenormand-cartomancy/
but personal don't find any remarks to blue owl?:) maybe cards are just a bit smaller then other deck?:) both are good for starting!^^ but if you really want to luv your deck you need something you will like playing with!^^ my fav is Gilded Reverie and my own deck!^^ check on net and see you preferences before deciding!^^:)

Barleywine

I also have the Piatnik, and find it has good card stock but is a bit on the small side. I use the Gilded Reverie far more, but of course it's not "traditional" (although approaching the "high water mark" of Ciro's digital art - at least until his TdM variant hits the street). I don't own the Blue Owl at this time.

greenseer

I prefer this http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mlle-lenormand-cartomancy/
but personal don't find any remarks to blue owl?:) maybe cards are just a bit smaller then other deck?:) both are good for starting!^^ but if you really want to luv your deck you need something you will like playing with!^^ my fav is Gilded Reverie and my own deck!^^ check on net and see you preferences before deciding!^^:)

I think you're right, I will do a little more digging before I decide :) Thanks!

greenseer

I also have the Piatnik, and find it has good card stock but is a bit on the small side. I use the Gilded Reverie far more, but of course it's not "traditional" (although approaching the "high water mark" of Ciro's digital art - at least until his TdM variant hits the street). I don't own the Blue Owl at this time.

From what I've seen the Blue Owl is quite small as well, I'm kind of leaning more toward the FC deck :) Thanks for the response!

Le Fanu

French Cartomancy, hands down. I find the Blue Owl a bit dull. I feel like I've been looking at it since the 70s and can no longer find anything refreshing in it.

There's been a new edition, nicer backs (not the old blue ones), nicer box. I love this deck. You can't go wrong with the Dondorf pattern. This is a good, cheap, classic, clear, readable Lenormand.

I shall resist the urge to do what everyone else seems to have done here and toss in another completely unasked for deck :p

greenseer

French Cartomancy, hands down. I find the Blue Owl a bit dull. I feel like I've been looking at it since the 70s and can no longer find anything refreshing in it.

There's been a new edition, nicer backs (not the old blue ones), nicer box. I love this deck. You can't go wrong with the Dondorf pattern. This is a good, cheap, classic, clear, readable Lenormand.

I shall resist the urge to do what everyone else seems to have done here and toss in another completely unasked for deck :p

Thank you! I think I will probably go with the French Cartomancy, I was a little put off by the cartoon-y style and the lack of more than one man and woman card but it's cheap and I think it'll be a good one to try and see if Lenormand works for me :)

Village Witch

I obviously own the new edition Blue Owl which I purchased from Amazon. And as Le Fanu says, it is a clear and readable deck. I'm happy with it.

Padma

For a beginning reader, Blue Owl or Dondorf might be best. I started with Blue Owl, I loved it :)

decan

I bought the Blue Owl (the german edition without verses), and I found it nice.
Its small size is good for a grand tableau.