Froud Faerie Oracle Decks - Both or Just One?

DaughterOfDanu

For those who are fluent with the FO how did you learn the cards?
I have both and have had them for years but never could read the FO without having the book handy. The cards, to me, don't always illustrate what the card is about. With the HoF I find the titles help give me a starting point. I'd really love some pointers as I've wanted to love these cards but am not the type who likes having to keep a book around just to read with it.

theFeeLion

I've had the FO for years and have always used the book up until recently. Now I'm able to get a first impression from them when I lay them out, then if I need more I'll look at the book to see what jumps out at me. Sometimes I'll find connections between cards I wouldn't have seen without the book, and sometimes I don't need the book at all because they have already told me what I need to know with their first impression.

I'm not sure if that helps at all lol but I'm happy to help in anyway I can. You are welcome to pm me if you have anymore questions or want me to clarify anything :)
You're also welcome to join in on my readings threads. It may help you to see how I use them (FO is my only deck at the moment)

Fee :love:

DaughterOfDanu

I've had the FO for years and have always used the book up until recently. Now I'm able to get a first impression from them when I lay them out, then if I need more I'll look at the book to see what jumps out at me. Sometimes I'll find connections between cards I wouldn't have seen without the book, and sometimes I don't need the book at all because they have already told me what I need to know with their first impression.

I'm not sure if that helps at all lol but I'm happy to help in anyway I can. You are welcome to pm me if you have anymore questions or want me to clarify anything :)
You're also welcome to join in on my readings threads. It may help you to see how I use them (FO is my only deck at the moment)

Fee :love:

I definitely will take a look at your readings. It might help me to see how others go about interpreting the cards.

I may also post my question as a stand alone thread so I don't hijack this one :p

Thank you!!