Can crystals start by doing the opposite of their usual?

MandMaud

It is possible that when you first use a crystal, it has the opposite effect to what you'd expect - maybe just to begin with?

I'm having this with a carnelian necklace which I bought to give me a boost (I have fibromyalgia); it's a deep orange, slightly translucent stone. When I wear it I ache more, my mood and energy are lower, and I'm generally "flop". My motivation isn't affected but I just don't have the oomph to do anything on the day's list.

Silly question I'm sure. I'm not versed in crystals or familiar with many (and neither have I been able to be active here for months but it's my favourite place to learn about crystals). Any thoughts will be welcome.

Thanx!
:) mm

ps I'm about to go to bed (great timing) so won't be replying till tomorrow.

Padma

MandMaud, sometimes when you first put on or carry a crystal, it will exaggerate your symptoms in a type of "healing crisis" as it tunnels through the issue.

Healing crisis is when what is wrong with you seems to get 8 times worse all of a sudden, before you break on through to the other side - much like a fever can spike to dangerous levels before suddenly going down, as soon as medication is taken, or when a flu or other illness takes on dramatic proportions as it is being beaten, and overwhelmed, by the immune system...kind of like the illness's swan song, as it were. I won't say carnelian can heal you completely, but I would take that temporary "worseness" of symptoms as a sign your carnelians are working for you :)

I have seen this question before in the threads, as crystals seem very good at "showing you" what the problem is, before helping you to conquer it.

MandMaud

Thank you!

Healing crisis was the term I couldn't think of; I'm familiar with this in homeopathy. Somehow it seemed odd to expect it with crystals, and don't know why even this question hadn't occurred to me before.

Of course I should have searched the forum first, too.

Any idea how long it may take to "wear off" and start doing what it ought? Life is so full that I'll have trouble picking a time to persist with the carnelian, if it's longer than 2-3 days...

Also, at a slight tangent, I wonder if the force of the worseness (great word) may be related to the length of time the problem has already lasted (cf homeopathy) or the depth of the problem, or something like that.

Padma

A healing crisis normally passes pretty quickly - if it was something like a fever or a flu, you might get 12 hours or less of spiking, or "worseness", and then it would begin to dissipate. So if it persists longer than that, I would take the Carnelians off and try another stone, like rose quartz...or, if you really are looking for a shot of energy, perhaps citrines :) or even some opaque rubies.

I do know that black tourmaline is said to help with chronic pain, and is also said to dissipate depression, as it shatters negative energy...do you have a crystal healer nearby whom you could consult...?

When I looked in Cassandra Eason's The Complete Crystal Handbook just now, I saw that she recommends (for fibromyalgia) Amethysts, aventurine, citrine, rose quartz, and rubies, in that order. Good luck, and hope that helps!

ETA in regard to your other question, about it lasting longer in measure to the depth of the problem, I believe I have seen here that it can accentuate what is wrong for a few days, but my own experience has been if a crystal is painful for me to wear, if worn for longer than a day, I will remove it :p to me it is a sign that it is the wrong stone for me. But that is just IMO...

danieljuk

I'm not an expert at crystal healing and very much a beginner. But have had a lot of homeopathy. With both, it should really improve in 2 or 3 days max! if you see no improvement I would not have it on you or near you all the time.

I bought Rose Quartz which always brought me bad luck when I had it on me! I do have emotional issues but it was very funny! I posted about it on here and people were saying that everyone gets on well with Rose Quartz! lol anyway I only had it on me at certain times, like maybe for an hour a day, not all the time. I can now have it on me all the time and it goes much better! I only found out recently it's also my birthstone! It definitely was healing my heart and gradual exposure helped me with it. Felt very strong!

Final suggestion from me, have you cleansed your crystals and stones? its a good idea when you first buy them because they might have other people's energy on them. you need to check online about the stone. For many you can wash in running water, others leave in sunlight/ moonlight. But becareful of the water soluble stones, they will dissolve! I had a look online and you can use Carnelian to cleanse other crystals around it but you then have to cleanse it afterwards. It's more about the "intention" than method. one solution is that on Saturday is a full moon. I would leave it out (and other crystals you have) in the moon light over night, near a window or outside!

Padma

that would be interesting, to leave them out on Saturday's full moon - as there will be another partial lunar eclipse at that time, I believe...the moon will be in Saggitarius, so it will have an energetic effect!

I wonder what that does (partial eclipse) to crystals?

Great suggestion about cleansing the stones, Danieljuk! :) And interesting about your rose quartz phenom...

One last thing, MandeMaude, I assume you have been to see a doc in regard to your fibromyalgia, yes...? Crystals are fine as complementary medicine, not sure I would be confident to rely only on the crystals for healing, however...

shelikes2read

I'm getting a sense that if a stone is making you tired, maybe that's a hint that what you need, to combat the ailment you're dealing with, is REST. Taking time to rest and recharge, especially while sleeping, is most likely a good healing strategy no matter what the issue is, because our body repairs damage and strengthens the immune system during sleep time. Lack of sleep translates into lack of time for the body to heal itself, and that just leaves us draggy, incompletely healed, and without the resources needed to do battle with infection.

So if wearing the Carnelian during the day is putting you in Super Slow-Mo ;), then maybe have a look at your daily schedule and see what things you can rearrange in order to allow for more rest time. Then try wearing the stone during a power nap or at bedtime and see how THAT works.

danieljuk

that would be interesting, to leave them out on Saturday's full moon - as there will be another partial lunar eclipse at that time, I believe...the moon will be in Saggitarius, so it will have an energetic effect!

I wonder what that does (partial eclipse) to crystals?

Great suggestion about cleansing the stones, Danieljuk! :) And interesting about your rose quartz phenom...

I am actually going to cleanse all my stones and crystals on Saturday over night with the full moon. it's supposed to be a nice eclipse! will let you know how it goes :)

I was researching a stone for me MandMaud and found some reference threads on here for you to read through...

the study group thread for Carnelian - http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=177516
how to cleanse - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138095
cleansing easily - http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=196460 (thread from a few days ago with some great Lotus P suggestions :D)

I had a read up about Carnelian. The qualities of it are very stimulating on the physical body with motivation and drive towards your goals. I just wonder if maybe it's too much but see how it goes MandMaud! if it is making you tired, cut down how much you have it around you or maybe try a different stone or crystal :)

MandMaud

Thank you - so many thoughtful and useful replies! I'll respond properly this weekend (can't today; comes of having fibromyalgia y'know ;) ) - but yes, I'm going to put everything on the windowsill to drink in this full moon and will try again with the carnelian tomorrow.

See you soon
mm

DownwardSpiral

Just a few thoughts.....

My first thought was that maybe the carnelian needed to be worn lower on the body as it works best with the lower chakras.

Then I looked up fibromyalgia and quickly found this line.....Fibromyalgia is thought to be the result of overactive nerves that cause chronic widespread pain and tenderness. LYRICA is believed to calm these nerves. I noticed the word calm and thought maybe a crystal with a calming effect would be better.

Then I went to the healing crystals for you site and found this.....It is strong stone to aid the physical body... as it maintains an improved flow of life force energy via the blood These orange stones are a type of chalcedony which is a variety of quartz crystal... so they have the added advantage that the quartz will amplify their energy.

So now you have "amped up" energy flowing through you and it's also "amping up" the pain and low energy levels. In a sense instead of giving you more energy it's giving you more of what you already have. THIS IS NOT FACT! LOL I'm just wondering if this is what's happening.

Recently I tried working with tourmilated quartz and after two days I had to put it away. The first day was great...no one talked to me...it was almost as if I was invisible. But I noticed everything seemed to be amped up...very much like labradorite. The second day I was hoping to go home from work early but had to do overtime and on another route no less. I wanted to cry. And then as much as I dislike my job....I really started hating my job with "amped up" hateful feelings. I've had to carry off other routes before and some days I really hate my job but the feelings were never this bad. When I got home the tourmilated quartz was put away.

Anyway just some thoughts about the carnelian. When I worked with it I don't remember it giving me more physical energy which is something I struggle with.