Can crystals start by doing the opposite of their usual?

DownwardSpiral

There's this really strong sense that I nearly "understand" my conditions. FM is one of them*, but they all have a theme - cycles, balance, doing the opposite of what you feel, I mean rest when full of beans and push through when tired, be logical when moody and harken to the emotions when "cold"... Call it White Queen Syndrome (??)! I strongly feel it all makes sense and I'm "nearly there" getting it.
* Not being secretive but it would be too many details here!

Oh. Does that last paragraph give anyone a clue as to another crystal that might be appropriate?

When I read this I thought of moonstone.

http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/rainbow-moonstone.html

I really enjoyed working with moonstone. My emotions tend to be up and down and now I know not to work with quartz when they are down/or fired up. Moonstone made me feel more happy/relaxed and my emotions didn't fluxuate like they normally do. Actually when I said a crystal to "calm" I was also thinking of moonstone.

Labradorite......no not an "energy" crystal : ) A very, very interesting crystal to meditate with though.

Padma

My Ascendant too is in Sagittarius so I was expecting this full moon period to be like a great new start. I have felt that, but also now the "lagging/flagging" of the waning moon so have to slow down for a couple of weeks. (I don't know much about eclipses' effect but here http://bit.ly/bigskyscorpeclipse is a good article on this one by April Elliott Kent; she is quite negative about it! Hers is a good website, very readable.)

It definitely exhausts one...a rested field brings forth a threefold crop :) So rest!

Oh, and yes thank you I have an "official" diagnosis so all this woowoo stuff ;) is extra to the official management of my fm. In fact I've learnt far more from the UK conference (been four times now) than the doctors. As always they're rather behind with the research.

Oh, dear...lol! I don't mean woowoo stuff - I actually feel crystals work very, very well! :)
When I said are you seeing a doc, I meant all docs, any docs. A homeopath is a doc :) Myself I am not big on Western meds....I :heart: woowoo :D

I hope you feel better! I see you being well :)

MandMaud

When I read this I thought of moonstone.

http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/rainbow-moonstone.html

I really enjoyed working with moonstone. My emotions tend to be up and down and now I know not to work with quartz when they are down/or fired up. Moonstone made me feel more happy/relaxed and my emotions didn't fluxuate like they normally do. Actually when I said a crystal to "calm" I was also thinking of moonstone.

Labradorite......no not an "energy" crystal : ) A very, very interesting crystal to meditate with though.

I've had the word "moonstone" popping into my head lately so that's quite a clue isn't it! Also the Moon and High Priestess have been turning up A Lot. I have a reluctance to seek out moostone, which is often a sign that I ought to be doing so, that hanging-back is often a knowing that it will in fact do something strong.

On a tangent, I recently read that the planet Venus in some traditions co-rules (with Sol) the sign of Leo. My Sun is in Leo (though Gemini and Scorpio themes at least as strong in my chart) and as soon as I saw that about Venus, it made perfect sense almost as if the Sun connection had never been right. (My Venus itself is in Virgo.) Don't know where that came from unless it was the thought of Goddess... This is quite off topic but did seem to fit in here for some reason!

I'm sure there's some in the house. Nearly-ex has left loads of (very dusty!) crystals all over the place, taking up valuable book space ;) but most of them I can't identify. Hm...

It definitely exhausts one...a rested field brings forth a threefold crop :) So rest!
YESSIR!

Actually after 2-3 horrible days of flare-up I'm full of beans now. I put that down to changeable weather (a droplet of English summer, anyone?) and it's settled since yesterday, even less humidity today. Plus I have got my sleep pattern a bit sorted too.

Oh, dear...lol! I don't mean woowoo stuff - I actually feel crystals work very, very well! :)
When I said are you seeing a doc, I meant all docs, any docs. A homeopath is a doc :) Myself I am not big on Western meds....I :heart: woowoo :D

I hope you feel better! I see you being well :)

Oops, I didn't mean anythin disparaging by "woowoo"! It's my personal nickname for anything that I couldn't just say to my GP and expect him to understand and approve of it as he does of antibiotics - my folder for all things that come into the email address that I use for AT and other suchlike, is named "W'n'W" which stands for "weird 'n' wacky" lol. I take w'n'w far more seriously than the orthodox stuff. :)

I saw a homeopath for years and was discharged with a repeat prescription to be going on with, which is the only thing keeping me from having a stroke (brain is weirdly wired - it's official, I have MRI evidence ;) ) and also the best thing for mood, aches, and other neurological stuff that goes on. Apart from that the most useful things that help are shiatsu and Alexander technique. The latter usually turns more into healing as my teacher is a powerful healer, but I do learn bits about posture as well. :) And for others, I'm a healer too. I only go to the "real"(!) doctor if I've diagnosed something and know what I want for it - in general!

I really can't find the distinction any more between physical and psyche. (Makes it harder n harder to describe needs to NHS doctors!) I can only describe patterns, paths, and I can only make sense to people who know what I mean when i say for example that someone's temper fills the room "physically" or that my legs feel weepy... I avoid the establishment nowadays simply because it's so difficult making myself understood.

Crystals are just something I don't get a "feel" from personally. I get more from stone that has been worked, say in a building, and lived with and cared for a human family or something like that; and I get far more from wood (both living and crafted). Crystals were always the domain of my nearly-ex, who does have a way of "owning" a field of interest in a way that I always felt excluded by, and I suspect my interest now is growing purely because he's no longer here "in the way" of it. Just a very few have spoken to me. I should clarify that I'm not clairaudient, I don't hear, but it's like that. Clairsentient is the word methinx. ... But that's a digression.

Thank you for your help! Anyway today I'm wearing mookaite as it seems to help keep me focused and on track - which I clearly need since I'm indulging in forums before noon(!)...

DownwardSpiral

Crystals are just something I don't get a "feel" from personally. I get more from stone that has been worked, say in a building, and lived with and cared for a human family or something like that; and I get far more from wood (both living and crafted). Crystals were always the domain of my nearly-ex, who does have a way of "owning" a field of interest in a way that I always felt excluded by, and I suspect my interest now is growing purely because he's no longer here "in the way" of it. Just a very few have spoken to me. I should clarify that I'm not clairaudient, I don't hear, but it's like that. Clairsentient is the word methinx. ... But that's a digression.

What I'm finding with crystals is that some will give a strong vibration (the minute you pick them up)that sometimes you can feel run through your whole body. Others will make you feel very grounded and then like the labradorite...the senses are all amped up. But others....though they don't give off a strong vibration and at first you don't really notice anything obvious...after a few days you realise by the way you feel that they have in fact made a difference....they're just very subtle about it.

MandMaud

What I'm finding with crystals is that some will give a strong vibration (the minute you pick them up)that sometimes you can feel run through your whole body. Others will make you feel very grounded and then like the labradorite...the senses are all amped up. But others....though they don't give off a strong vibration and at first you don't really notice anything obvious...after a few days you realise by the way you feel that they have in fact made a difference....they're just very subtle about it.

Yes, that's kind of what I got the few times I have felt something - beautiful reassurance / comfort, which I call grounding; or sort of fizzing; and since properly "trying" with crystals, it's more that I notice when I stop, rather that enough difference to notice while it's going on.

Compared with other things (eg a hazel staff I couldn't not buy at a fair some years ago, or the stones in some old buildings / castles, or just certain places), these reactions are extremely weak for me.

Actually one of the worst is a feeling I get near some telegraph poles. One or two spots along a path I often walk the dog, I was getting really tense, almost scared, creeped out. Then I realised it was as I passed a telegraph pole - not all, just one or two of them. Makes perfect sense when you consider fields of energy and suchlike, and thinking about it I've felt it al my life. Just can't see why it's around some and not all.

Padma

MandMaud - if you relate to wood and to trees, get amber. Amber is the collective memory of the tree, set in resin, and should get you humming in no time flat - it's a master healer. :)

Amber comes in honey, cherry, green, and ivory colour. Take your pick! I firmly believe you should go to what attracts you, in order to heal, and amber is the "stone" reiki healers keep nearby, always, for its healing and releasing effects. Petrified wood would also work for you. :)

Hope that helps! :heart:

MandMaud

MandMaud - if you relate to wood and to trees, get amber. Amber is the collective memory of the tree, set in resin, and should get you humming in no time flat - it's a master healer. :)

Amber comes in honey, cherry, green, and ivory colour. Take your pick! I firmly believe you should go to what attracts you, in order to heal, and amber is the "stone" reiki healers keep nearby, always, for its healing and releasing effects. Petrified wood would also work for you. :)

Hope that helps! :heart:

Aha!

I didn't know amber came in a variety of colours; or I may have known and forgotten.

It was one my mother's favourite, all her life until she was in her 70s when she asked us not to default to amber jewellery for birthdays as she had enough! She still wore it but it was no longer a "hunger" for it. What she loved was the warmth and the "livingness" of it.

Maybe because it was always "hers", I've always sort of ignored it while liking it. A different colour may do the trick. Mind you I have plenty of her rings n necklaces n earrings, too, to be going on with. :)

As far as I know I've only seen petrified wood once or twice. Will look at...

Thank you :)

MandMaud

a little update

Over the past week I've been "playing with" wearing the carnelian - still as a necklace (about heart-height or just a tad lower) because that's so much easier than fiddling around with pockets, belts or anything. I have found that on days when I wear it, I feel good until around 3-4pm. I've twice taken it off at that point, otherwise forgot that was an option(!) as it sits inside my clothes and I forget it's there... anyway when I take it off I feel better. Very distinct difference today.

The feeling not-good is a sort of overwhelm, both physical and emotional, something related to despair. If that hits me in normal life it will be 3am when I can't sleep (rare), you know that awful hollow reach-and-touch-nothing feeling? I don't associate that with daylight... Anyway when I get tireder, sometime in the evening, it's safe to wear the carnelian again.

I'm still musing on moonstone and amber, thinking I won't buy as there's probably some in the house already - certainly there's some of my mum's amber. And petrified wood, that's a thought I'd never have had by myself.

Thanx for help working this out :)