help identifying?

shelikes2read

this ones dark blue with faint light lines going through it

This one looks like Lapis Lazuli. There's an outside chance of it being Sodalite, which is a similar shade of blue, but most Sodalite I've seen has a bit more white mixed in. Lapis Lazuli is more likely to be more consistently blue throughout the stone, like this.

If you notice silvery flecks of Hematite occurring in this stone, that would make me lean even MORE toward saying it's Lapis Lazuli.

shelikes2read

This one also looks like Carnelian to me, even though it's got white mixed in. There are a few different types of Carnelian out there -- one is called Sard.

I have made jewelry out of Sardonyx, which has a banded pattern of orange and white.

shelikes2read

This one looks like it could be Fluorite, particularly Rainbow Fluorite. That's one stone that can combine purple and green, among other colors. If this stone is translucent, then I'd be sure it was Fluorite.

shelikes2read

this one actually looks brighter in real life, its very bright blue

:)

This one could be a dyed agate, if it's a super-bright blue. Sometimes stones that are less-vibrant in color are color-enhanced by vendors in order to make them sell better. See: the stones for sale in museum gift shops, where kids are the target market. Kids might not be entranced by a greyish brown stone, but they'll go bananas for stones in bright blue, purple, and green.

My reason for feeling like this could be a dyed stone is its uniform color (or what appears to be uniform in the photograph).

sedgeez

thank you!!

alot of them sound familiar now.

many thanks

:)