How do you keep your crystals?

Briar Rose

I have some crystals in boxes. Others are loose. All my spheres and eggs are on shelves on display. I dust them occasionally.

I also have stone/crystal figurines. My favourite is a tiger carved from snowflake obsidian in such a way that the gray snowflakes form the tiger's stripes. It's about 6" long and 3" high, so it's fairly large and lives on a bookshelf. Others live on other shelves and a couple live on top of my stereo.

It really depends on what they are and what I need them for.

I m so into the Crystal Animal fetishes. 6 inches long is rare to find.
My gallery friend sent me a little spotted jasper tiger, 2 obsidian (one has a purple star-ish sheen in the light) cats, and an terrcotta color, opal (oh, I forgot I have this), and a little carved opal skull. I forgot to add that too. I would love more, as I love the healing animals do for us. I keep these on my desk.

The crowned one

Carved archaic jades in a display cabinet Most of my minerals are spread throughout the kids room, I have a couple larger outdoor displays ( rocks tend to do well outdoors ;) ) and a few of the real nice ones are moved around in small groups in the house to offer contrast to orchids, or something man-made or to sit as individual specimens for enjoyment.

Moonbow

Mine are all out in view on windowsills, altars, sachets, next to my bed, in bags with decks, with runes, on my desk, at work. They are wherever I need their energies.

shelikes2read

Most of my crystals live either in one particular large box (sorted by color), or if they're spheres, in their own separate boxes, in the room that I've since converted to a studio for making jewelry. My wands, however, live in the living room, in their own separate boxes, inside a large decorative box where my spare Tarot decks live on the coffee table. I do have two spheres on the computer-desk-turned-workbench in the studio. And there are a few stones that "live" on or near my person at all times, including my Quartz sphere pendant and my two matched Fluorite cabochons (see the Fluorite study thread), as well as my Diamond engagement ring.

ravenest

Crystals, stones and mineral samples all over the place; ancient Namibian stone hand tools on the altar, bowl underneath on shelf with various crystals and 'strange' stones from Blackrock Beach Victoria (possibly remains of ancient cold water reef?) including 'pixie boots'; riverstones scattered around (geologically; two types of metamorphic sedimentary and many volcanic). Giant chunk of amazing Fuschite (sic?) on altar (amazing colour with milky white quartz intrusion). Amathyst and quartz slabs on window sills along with an amazing radiating piece of granite - so clean and 'clear' from the intrusions at Trial Bay Gaol. A crystal garden outside with many more. Some others on the 'water altar' on top of kitchen sink.

I have also ground up some and used the preparations agriculturally (mostly quarts and topaz) ... so some is 'kept' within the soil and 'atmosphere' of the paddocks and veggie garden.

stonesatiety

Briar Rose: I also collect stones from walks. Once in awhile I wash them, then sit and place them together on the floor in groups, paying attention to what feels good. Sounds like your sculptures!

Regarding the opal thread, why not start it with what you have there? Opal geology is fascinating and your Peruvian and pink opal experiences sound plenty healing to me. Now I see you have other opals too. I wanted to be a geologist as a kid, so I love that aspect of stones. It's just that there is so much else they teach and remind me of, and seemingly so little time, I've neglected the scientific aspect.

Pets and other animals have such fun with stones as well. Just today I noticed the young dog moving his nose close to the big outdoor crystal while racing past. He sure likes that stone out there. I have a pair of amethyst geodes cut from the same stone that have sat on each side of the back door for years. Currently they are back out of the way until Sully becomes more careful. A red desert rock volunteered to sit next to Sully's favorite sleeping place, and recently a small quartz crystal who was dreaming with me ended up next to it. How? I'm not sure, but it enjoys dreaming with Sully and the red rock.

stonesatiety

Reading how you all place your stones reminded me of another way stones sit around here. Years ago a large pile of stones in the mountains called me over to play. The stones were obviously meant for shoring up embankments and such. As I played with them, some volunteered to come home. They sat out on the porch awhile, then I asked if they would like to show me how to create a stone circle. They weren't sure whether I was joking or a simpleton! Why else would they have come?! ha! I had a good laugh about that one.

So they've been in a circle on the back porch for years now, a twelve-stone circle with a triangle of three desert stones who came along later. I recently stubbed my toe on one stone repeatedly, until I realized it was asking me to make a path for Sully to run through. The stones hold the circle energy fine that way as well. It feels great to sit in the circle within the energetic column.

Briar Rose

That sounds truely wonderful, stonesatiety. Thank you for sharing. Crystal Circles are very powerful. The one I made on a wooden dish- it kept ALL night, so I had to take it out of my bedroom.

ravenest, you have unique crystals and rocks. I wish I could see them, and feel their energy.

I have a rock that broke off these dinosaur fossils (that I got from Hubbard Park in Ct). And no, I did not brake it off. The inside of the rock is blackish-purple and the outside is orange-ish). I haven't done a meditation on it. Any thoughts on a Jurasic rock anyone?

I have illustrations, and dinosaur's were in that area. So the rocks hae not been transported. So cool. That stays downstairs basement, in my art studio.

ravenest

ravenest, you have unique crystals and rocks. I wish I could see them, and feel their energy.

I will try some words for you then.

The river rocks come from the nearby river which is an old fault line. The valley was formed 100's of millions of years ago when two geological beds began pushing together ... this was when this location was over the south pole and 'proto-Australia' was forming into Gondwanaland. The southern bed slipped under the northern and pushed the northern bed up to form an undersea escarpment, lava intrusions as granite dome mountains and other intrusions. As time passes the coastal shelf and the sea level rises and falls, glaciers alternate with volcanoes on the growing (now moved to the) east coastal area.

Eventually the valley rises out of the sea, the coast is extended, erosion defines the valley. 56 million years ago a volcanoe erupts and covers the whole area in a large cone of various ... stuff. Erosion again and eventually the present valley.

So when you walk along this river bed you can see and be in this ancient fault and to the north the escarpment still looms overhead.

I found part of the bed rock with a riverstone embedded in it. I showed a geologist and he explained that long ago the rock was eroded, a riverstone formed, got picked up by a glacier, carried out to sea, melted and dropped rock on the old ocean floor ... the process above happened and there it is (he said pointing at the rock). A whole double cycle.

Then I found a riverstone with another riverstone welded inside it; a triple cycle 'about' :) to happen!

It's just an interesting looking rock, but if you hold it and feel it, that is the energy and history it contains.

I like the ones where you can see the now set, boiling swirls and embedded crystals and minerals holding their story of a furious volcanic sulpherno.

Briar Rose

wow- what a cool reply ravenest. I loved reading it. Thank you for sharing that.

When I was Texas taking a geology class, we went out in the field and saw this green rock cut away on the side of the highway, with white stone. It was beautiful.

And then in Llano Texas (only) grows a orange granite rock with little round BLUE quartz crystals. People have cut deep slabs to make counter tops. I don't know how I feel about that. But the stones are beautiful.

I love rock formations.

I had to take all my crystal points out of my bedroom as they keep me up at night.