Thoth Greenie or Green Box question

Richard

Greenies look murky.

Abrac

The greenie's an acquired taste, like certain green vegetables I suppose. :laugh: The first Thoth I had back in '83 was a greenie so that's what I got used to. Some of the newer printings are very nice though, no question. But not all greenies are created equal. I've seen some that look nicer than others.

Emily

My first Thoth was a greenie, a complete impulse buy from a used bookshop. I actually looked through it at the shop and firstly I noticed it had no Kings but it was the colour that puzzled me more. All the online scans had shown it colourful, vibrant, this deck was vibrant but with green. It wasn't until I got it home and googled it that I find it was a white box greenie.

I didn't take to this deck at first, the colouring took quite a while to grow on me, that and the fact that it was covered in wax so it had sat on someone's altar. I also ordered another large size Thoth, then I realised just how green it was. It did grow on me though, these green decks have a charm all of their own, I use mine and enjoy it.

Dan S

I don't mind the look of the greenie. It's the early white box A and B sets that I think are aesthetically disappointing, with poor color reproduction, blurry images, bad cardstock, and random variability of the white/blue borders

Bhavana

my greenie came in a white box. I don't use it, don't particularly care for the system - but I do like it.