Reoccurring 4 of Swords: What's it trying to tell me?

FemaleRonin

Helped tremendously!

Hello FemaleRonin and welcome :)

Since the card keeps coming up as your significator, it would make sense to look within yourself, see whether the energy of the card identifies with your emotional world, your behaviour. Is there something you are passionate about these days? Considering that the figure in the RWS deck is praying, are you religious?

Then, think abour your near future, are you making great plans for something, are you aniticipating something fervently, is something important you've been waiting for about to reach completion? Have you, for instance, taken an exam whose results you're eagerly waiting for? Are you pregnant, even?

This card may not necessarily signify a pause after a storm, but suspended animation generally, something that is waiting to gain firm ground to arise, maybe without your knowledge, eg a virus. The 4 of Swords shows a period of passiveness and stagnation, being in a dormant state, waiting for the time to rise again.

Hi and thank you for the kind welcome and for your great insight! I honestly am starting to see from each reply, aspects and different views that I feel so should have known but didn't consider. I am anticipating something, and the thing is I don't know what exactly I'm anticipating but for past month, since the card started appearing actually now that you've mentioned this, is when I began having the feeling of something about to break thru or shift in my life, se form of event or action but it's yet to come. Each day tho, I wait, even though I shouldn't let it rule that much of my thought process, it still manages to sit in the back of my mind.

FemaleRonin

Honestly was one of my first thoughts lol

Are you using the same deck alot?

Had the exact same thought when I read the question! Are you asking the same questions over and over...? It may also be the tarot telling you to give it a rest, stop asking the cards, stop being passive, wake up, take control of your life...

Putting it another way, you wouldn't want someone to always be giving you spoilers about your favorite television program, telling you what's going to happen rather than letting you see for yourself, right? The deck might feel it's better if you live your life with some surprises, rather than always having to know what's next.

That was my initial thought to be honest, that me deck was telling me to step back for a moment. So I just went from any other form of readings to only daily draws and then I was busy there for a little while and as I mentioned briefly before, I had already a scheduled reading done for myself and that 4 of swords was still there. So I picked up my deck yesterday and it was still there. But the deck is locked away for now and I'll give it a rest too.

A big part of me agrees I prolly need to step away from studying as much, bc it's prolly not helping me with this period of "rest" I am needing.

So hard for me as my Virgo-Libra self to NOT know everything but as usual Thirteen, you hit the nail on the head. I really do need to let surprises and things just happen, without always feeling the "need to know" mentality.

Thank you tho, all of you really helped with reiterating that idea but of course I was a little embarrassed admitting it to myself at first.

When I was still new, I didn't know what to ask questions about because my life wasn't exactly a social whirl. And added to that, I'd read again on a subject because I thought I might not have read the cards right the first time I asked my question on the topic.

To answer the question of repeating the same question and subject when I was consulting the deck: No and yes. Not the same question but similar different areas in my life that I'm struggling to understand or confront.

FemaleRonin

This song is currently being added to my playlist

My 2 cents:

Maybe It indicates that you are obviously in a 4 of Swords state and you just need to carry on this way by using relaxation, introspection, meditation and so on in the most productive manner. Make sure you take benefit of this period rather than just being passive because the 4 of Swords can just delay problems instead of making us think seriously about them. I mean if you don't use this energy in a productive way, It can be a waste of time.
But It could simply mean that you need to continue using the 4 of Swords energy the same way a bit longer.
I agree with your view laurence, I think I've been trying to rush this stage in a way and it's time to realize that I need it a bit longer than I was hoping.

It's this -- you're trying too hard to make sense of something; you cannot adequately compartmentalize a situation in your life... it doesn't "fit" anywhere logical. I think it's not going to make sense or fit neatly anywhere in your brain, so you're going to have to file it away as its own unique experience, and kind of just honor it for whatever it was to you.

When I was reading through your commentary here on this card, the song "Dilemma" by Nelly came to mind:

First off, loved that song back in the day, brings back some great younger day memories. Secondly, you're exactly right. Your view ties in perfectly with my situation. Mentally forcing things to happen and not resting my mind enough. Body and maybe even trying to spiritually but it's a moo point I'm seeing if I can't give my mind the proper rest. It's extremely hard for me, I'm a constant worrier and over thinker so this is all a new experience I'm trying and I'm never good with those kinds of changes.

It's been a ongoing Dilemma for me that's for sure.

Thank you, your post and video made my day:lightbulb

Thank you again to everyone who posted as well I hope I didn't forget to respond to anyone but each post honestly added a piece to the missing link of my understanding and also helped confirm something's too.

Love this forum, all of you are truly awesome.

kx5

Hi and thank you for the kind welcome and for your great insight! I honestly am starting to see from each reply, aspects and different views that I feel so should have known but didn't consider. I am anticipating something, and the thing is I don't know what exactly I'm anticipating but for past month, since the card started appearing actually now that you've mentioned this, is when I began having the feeling of something about to break thru or shift in my life, se form of event or action but it's yet to come. Each day tho, I wait, even though I shouldn't let it rule that much of my thought process, it still manages to sit in the back of my mind.

Well, in this case, I see this card as being the calm before the storm rather than after. Maybe something is indeed going to happen in your life that has been only in a developing stage for past month. If that is the case, then we could take it further and say it'll happen in three months from now, but considering I'm not as experienced as everyone else to be saying such things, consider that to not be true :D

I have to admit, the idea that your deck may be telling you to relax and stop reading so much didn't occur to me... It's probably worth looking into, but you did mention you tried to step away from reading as much.

FemaleRonin

Well, in this case, I see this card as being the calm before the storm rather than after. Maybe something is indeed going to happen in your life that has been only in a developing stage for past month. If that is the case, then we could take it further and say it'll happen in three months from now, but considering I'm not as experienced as everyone else to be saying such things, consider that to not be true :D

I have to admit, the idea that your deck may be telling you to relax and stop reading so much didn't occur to me... It's probably worth looking into, but you did mention you tried to step away from reading as much.

That's an interesting theory I hadn't thought of either, or frankly considered. My mind kept going straight to "WHAT" is is trying to tell me but the thought of it also possibly giving me a time frame of anything hadn't even crossed my mind.

I'll have to let you know I'm 3 months of anything new develops, I'm curious as well if when I pick the deck back up (considering adding another deck to my collection here in the next month or so anyways) will the 4OS stick around for that long?

You've given me as good and as much of insight as those I've noticed to be here and have experience as well, so def don't count yourself out! I very much appreciate it again as well. With this card, I get a very, "on my own feeling" as well, and I'm just now finding out that it's not necessarily meant to be that way too. So thank you again

FemaleRonin

UPDATE!

Hello everyone, I just thought I should share with you all, especially the ones that contributed to finally figuring it out, the message this card was trying to get across to me. Also, for anyone who might end up in the same boat, may have a similar message they are trying to decipher as well.

Turns out that the 4 of Swords kept coming up so often in such a short time, bc I wasn't taking the time out BOTH mentally and physically to get over a sudden, "unceremonious" break-up that happened recently. I wasn't allowing my self to fully experience the much needed healing process of going thru the stages of grief, rather I had just been moving forward each day trying to pretend I was alright when I was lying to myself. Although I had gone more into myself and less social and more recluse, I still wasn't coping of accepting things the way I needed to. The harder I fought and the half hearted attempts I "believed" were my ways of understanding and processing the situation weren't what was needed and the harder I mentally fought it, the worse I was making it for myself and the more frequent the 4OS would appear, which explains why it was in my daily draws so often. It was showing me where I needed to be. Where I was supposed to be but was being stubborn and eventually I had a Tower day and it finally got thru to me. As painful as it was, and still is, I am finally dealing with it.

The 4OS no longer continues to crop up All the time. Actually, I've been getting the 5OS more often than not, so that tells me that I finally for the message lol

Thanks again to everyone who gave their amazing input, without it I would prolly still be in the same stubborn confused cycle.