What does it mean to you?: Malachite

_N_

Yes, there are usually warnings about "do not use the raw stone to make elixers" - you are right - it would have to be ingested or, perhaps, through osmosis if you kept a raw chunk in your pocket and handled it all the time.

N

starsongs

Simone said:
Somehow, I do too! And funnily, I once discovered in a store a rough piece of Malachite (beauuuuutiful), and the longer I looked at it, the more I felt there was an owl inside... I bought the piece as a birthday present for a good friend of mine, who is a therapist, and she has it now sitting in her therapy room.

Love
Simone

What a lovely gift for your friend, Simone! The piece sounds just beautiful and so appropriate to sit in a therapists office too :D

Thanks for sharing that you also connect owl with Malachite. I'm not sure why I do either. Would love to hear more about how you felt owl to be within this piece...

I get the sense you would like this site very much...if you haven't discovered it already!
check:

http://www.mindspring.com/~astrologybydiana/lifepaths/homepage.html

Diana has been unable to update for awhile, but there is still tons of wonderful and insightful information...

journey well :)
Starsongs

Astraea

Malachite is sometimes found marbled with azurite, a rich blue mineral. Many years ago, I had a meditation teacher who called this blend a "meditation stone" because the azurite assists one in attaining high meditative states, while the malachite helps to keep one centered and grounded. The combination seemed to work very well, and I treasure that stone to this day.

Simone

starsongs said:
Would love to hear more about how you felt owl to be within this piece...

It actually peeped out of it: if one turned the piece a certain way, there was distinctly an owls face in it...

And thanks for the site - I have not looked through it all, but what I saw I already love. I'll take the time later today!

Love
Simone

starsongs

Simone said:
It actually peeped out of it: if one turned the piece a certain way, there was distinctly an owls face in it...

Awesome! :D

You're welcome for the site! Glad that you are enjoying it

blessings
starsongs

Majecot

I love malachite.. I find myself somtimes just staring at the beauty of the stone. For me I find it comforting, like I am drawing strength and wisdom from it. I feel like, when I carry it with me, that there isn't anything that I cannot handle.
It is my 9-1-1 stone.
My local rock shop carries some beautiful animal carvings made from malachite, I have been drooling over them for some time, I know that I wil get one eventually, but I am waiting for the animal to call to me.

dawntarot

I am completely in love with this stone. :love: A friend's sister gave me a piece as a thank you for a reading I did, she chose it intuitively for me from her collection. Myself and the friend looked it up in her crystal bible/dictionary and it supports literally everything I've been trying to deal with for a long time, it supports all my personal weaknesses and gives me strength.

I don't usually respond that much to crystals tbh - the exceptions are hematite (makes me feel safe), amethyst (stopped me having nightmares), and moonstone (which I generally can't use because it makes me hyper).

But malachite? Wow. I've been carrying it in my pocket or sleeping with it under my pillow ever since. I literally do not want to be parted from this stone. I feel strong, and stable, and secure, able to express myself with clarity and empathy. I feel like I can take anything in my stride, I feel more confident and self-assured, but not overly so.

It is basically my personal power stone and I have just bought a beautiful malachite pendant on eBay so that I can wear it always, even when I don't have pockets. :)

shelikes2read

Yes, there are usually warnings about "do not use the raw stone to make elixers" - you are right - it would have to be ingested or, perhaps, through osmosis if you kept a raw chunk in your pocket and handled it all the time.

N

Precautions must also be taken with Malachite when one is working the stone (such as makint it into a cabochon), as the powdered stone also contains copper. Breathing this dust in would be harmful, so a mask must be worn and I think that ensuring good ventilation might also be recommended.

stonesatiety

dawntarot: How wonderful to discover such a treasured member of the mineral kingdom! I know the feeling, but not with malachite. From reading through this thread and years ago through books and sharing with others, it's because I am strong in the qualities it imparts. I was born and grew up in Southern Arizona, USA, where many copper minerals are abundant. Did that have an effect on my personal aspects? Did I chose my birth location and hometown to support innate qualities? Hmm. An interesting future exploration, perhaps.

I remember going to Copper Days as a boy. Huge mine trucks were parked in the street and there were a lot of containers full of copper-bearing stones: malachite, azurite and chrysacolla among them! With your love of malachite, you would've loved this. For my birthday one year I received a small Arizona stone that I had long lusted after in a local rock shop. It is solid wulfenite covered with a dark mineral I've forgotten, with pretty dark-blue azurite crystals and specks of bright-green malachite! I so love it to this day.

Some real pretty malachite comes from Africa. The piece I have looks like a velvet cloud. It has a hole like the holes I've always enjoyed looking through in clouds! The stone said it would like to help with my finances. Yahoo!

One intersting quality of malachite is that it gradually replaces azurite with itself, which creates a pseudomorph shaped like the original stone formed from the second mineral. This is indeed a powerful stone! Enjoy, and thanks for reminding me of my little stones!

Dancing Bear

I Love Malachite, I have pieces in my crystal bowl on the dining table. For me it reminds me of my grandmother. It is her favourite stone, Green was her favourite colour.
I have some beautiful pieces and some jewellery I wear when I want to feel Love , nostalgic and close to my Grandmother who I absolutely Adored I wear or carry Malachite.