The cover of the Economist! lol

gregory

That's amazing. I might even buy a copy if it shows up in my newsagent !

Rhinemaiden

Brilliant cover! Thanks for posting it! :thumbsup:

Nosgo

Who are the peoples portrayed on the Star card? It's too small and I may not be familiar with thoses faces (not living in US).

EmpyreanKnight

I'm gonna get myself a copy!

The Wheel of Fortune card seems very apt, with France's Marine Le Pen on the ascendant and Germany's Angela Merkel on her way down on next year's elections in both countries. I wonder who is the (presumably French because of the flag) person on the bottom rung of the wheel though? Is it Francois Fillon?

danieljuk

love this! :thumbsup:
I will try and get a copy and study all the cards to work out who are in them :)

decan

I love the Hermit card there!

Philippe

The Wheel of Fortune card seems very apt, with France's Marine Le Pen on the ascendant and Germany's Angela Merkel on her way down on next year's elections in both countries. I wonder who is the (presumably French because of the flag) person on the bottom rung of the wheel though? Is it Francois Fillon?

No, it's the dutch flag and Geert Wilders

gregory

GOD what a depressing wheel.... :(

Nosgo

Regarding the 14 portraits on the Star card I guess it might be what they describe here "we include a special section featuring forecasts from 14 globally-minded millennials, ranging from a Syrian refugee-turned-photographer, an iconoclastic Chilean reggaeton artist, one of ballet’s biggest emerging names and leading online voices for young Africans and Muslim American women."

And we can see Hope meaning of the Star Card attributed to theses young peoples as future generations.