Sweet Twilight - High Priestess

Hemera

Alan Ross said:
But the quote doesn't say that she lacks empathy for that life or that she's predatory.

imho..as a predator of sorts....I don´t think pedators lack empathy for life..I think she may very well be a predator *with* empathy for life.

Ah, what an interesting card this one seems to be, doesn´t it?

Alan Ross

Hemera said:
imho..as a predator of sorts....I don´t think pedators lack empathy for life..I think she may very well be a predator *with* empathy for life.

Ah, what an interesting card this one seems to be, doesn´t it?

It certainly is. One of many in this deck. This deck is so surreal and untraditional, it often leaves me feeling like I'm wandering lost in a fog without a map. Or in the case of the LWB, a very cryptic map.

Actually, my first impression of the card before I read the LWB quote (thank you for that, Aerin) was similar to yours. But the LWB led me down a different track. And then there's Riccardo's "dark Cinderella" comment. It's quite a bit to wrap my brain around.

Alan

Aerin

Disney's Cinderella had the mice as friends, and the cat was evil from what I remember (I had one of those 3-D viewer things with the little disc and the image of the cat will never leave me....). In fact, he was called Lucifer.

Aerin x

Alan Ross

Aerin said:
Disney's Cinderella had the mice as friends, and the cat was evil from what I remember (I had one of those 3-D viewer things with the little disc and the image of the cat will never leave me....). In fact, he was called Lucifer.
Aerin x

Aha! So it's looking more to me like the High Priestess is indeed protecting the mice from the creepy cat (Lucifer is a cool name for an evil cat })). All I could remember from Cinderella was the pumpkin coach, the glass slippers, and the ball. I also remember I really liked the Disney version when I watched it a long, long time ago. Maybe I should watch it again.

Alan

Hemera

Alan Ross said:
My understanding of that statement is that she values what others demean, including mice, and that she protects it.

Alan
Yes. mice....and wolves...
I´m beginning to like this card now :D I used not to like it but this thread has given me lots of new ideas and new ways to see this card.

BTW: This deck has given me the most accurate readings ever. I am more and more amazed each day.

Sanctum_Priest

High Priestess

She's not sinister or vampirish....just not quite right in the head (it's the fringe that gives this impression!), and much as I love this deck, not really the right person for this card.

The ugliest aspect of the card is here hand -- it's older than her face. What does that mean?

Khyro

I like to look at the High Priestess here close to her traditional significance: one who seeks and values the unseen things while still tethered to the physical plane. If we look at the card we see in the background The Sun and the Star stemmed down to the earth while the moon rests atop her head showing us her connection to the psychic, receptive elements.

ana luisa

She looks a lot like a friend of mine who is rather nice but not exactly an easy person to be friends with..

This High Priestess looks calm and determined. Maybe she is feeding the mice to the cat? Somehow I feel that she could be connected to the Nature from the darker side, you know, from the not-much-talked-about side of things like decay, death, and all the raw edges of the meat-eating side of the natural world. Usually, when we talk about Mother Nature we want to just think of the pretty procreating bunny and Empressy side of it.

This High Priestess could be someone who breeds and tests mice in a laboratory for research purposes. Maybe for developing a vaccine against the swine flu? Something that may seem to be evil but in the end is not.

Just saw this, Hemera and it totally helps me see this card and GET it finally! It has been one of those cards that are "mute". I also feel this lady is much much older than she wants us to believe (check her neck and hands). She hides her age and knowledge to keep getting more info about people who may not approach her otherwise. She is super smart to know how to entice people but keep them at a safe distance as well. And yes, I tend to agree :( she probably feeds the cat with the mice she catches... Glad this is just symbolic.
The word creep also came to mind: not so much as creepy but as a person who creeps into your heart and mind, you can't quite shake her off but you don't like thinking about her that much either.