Best Bargains

MoonGypsy

OctoberGwen said:
What! I can't find a decent place that sells them and you're finding boxes of them strewn about for the taking? *indignant*

Were they in good shape? Don't you wonder who left them there, and why? That's really cool.

Yes, Le Fanu! :D This has the making of a wonderful Tarot short story...You have already set the mood with
mystique and intrigue...:) : "A box of books left in an abandoned house"

We are left wanting more...:p

gregory

Probably one of two - my Gruyeres for £20 - and my Communify (no-one else I know has one - even Adam !) which was kind of the prototype for T: the Tarot of the Aquarian age - which cost me a mighty £5. It includes letters from the artist's wife and stuff, too.

BlueMoon3151

By far the best bargin I've ever gotten was on my Celtic tarot (Courtney Davis) deck & book set.
I found it listed on ebay for $3 or best offer- I actually ended up only paying $1 plus shipping :p

Gerbear

gregory said:
Probably one of two - my Gruyeres for £20 - and my Communify (no-one else I know has one - even Adam !) which was kind of the prototype for T: the Tarot of the Aquarian age - which cost me a mighty £5. It includes letters from the artist's wife and stuff, too.

Outstanding Gregory! It's been almost eight years since I started this thread, and the bargains keep rolling in. My latest are the Philadelphia Daily News Promo Tarot for $1, and the Rodenko-Kerkhoven Tarot for $5.

Pam O

Anyone have links to go BUY great deals?

MoonGypsy

Le Fanu said:
I told the story in this thread!

Oh my gosh! i just read it [about the box of decks found in the abandoned house] and wow what a fabulous find and story! Fabulous decks, too, Le Fanu! i love all of the pics you shared! i swear you could/should write an extremely interesting book with all the experiences you have had...
You are a very expressive and interesting story teller, and are able to paint a scene so well with words, creating a palpable ambiance. :heart:

gregory

Pam O said:
Anyone have links to go BUY great deals?
Well, for one - ebay. That was where my Gruyeres came from, as I recall.

The Communify was from a dealer I know who was clearing out, found it down the back of his wardrobe and just offered it to me. He is always cheap.

And from HIM actually - well, he sends out lists to his customers. A Dante was listed but the guy was in the US and there was some weird condition attached to it. I said I wanted it. He put me in touch with the guy, who had said it "didn't fit in his collection" - and the guy was happy to trade for some paddle steamer playing cards someone had given me because I collect cards (this happens...) The playing cards were free to me - so I effectively got the Dante for nothing.

Used book stores have extraordinary things.... I bought a load of OOP decks in a local one last year - I did TELL the guy he could do well on ebay (I like him !) but he said he couldn't be bothered. I sold them here for pretty much what I paid - I bought them in order to do that ! I knew that two of them had ISOs up here; that was what made me start ferreting and finding the others ! I'm not the only person here who does that kind of thing - so watch the trade threads !

Le Fanu

I don't know if this is a bargain or not but I just won - off ebay - a 1st edition of the Rolla Nordic "Tarot Shows The Path" companion book for her deck. And it is SIGNED by the mysterious woman herself. Cost 15 GBP

I have the deck on the way from Nina* so I thought it would be special to have this book to make a kinda "kit"!

emmsma

Just won a Lars-Kristian Holmsen on ebay for $11.