PCS Commemorative Tarot Set vs. PCS Centennial Tarot deck

agviz

Is the card stock the same on both versions? The cards from the kit are stiff for my taste, but very nice otherwise.

archer1

The cards from the kit are a little heavier.

treelet

Has anyone had any issues with defects or printing errors?

My High Priestess card from the deck only version has a visible wrinkle/bend in it and the Star card is misprinted ever so slightly -- really bothersome considering the offset of color on all those stars above her head.

I'm not sure if I have any sort of recourse considering I bought the deck from Amazon and I believe it's past the 30-day return date. Is there any way to get single card replacements directly from US Games? I read in the original thread for the PCS Commemorative Set that some e-mailed the company and were able to get replacement cards, but there doesn't seem to be a way to directly contact anyone on their website anymore. Just a form.

Richard

Has anyone had any issues with defects or printing errors?

My High Priestess card from the deck only version has a visible wrinkle/bend in it and the Star card is misprinted ever so slightly -- really bothersome considering the offset of color on all those stars above her head.

I'm not sure if I have any sort of recourse considering I bought the deck from Amazon and I believe it's past the 30-day return date. Is there any way to get single card replacements directly from US Games? I read in the original thread for the PCS Commemorative Set that some e-mailed the company and were able to get replacement cards, but there doesn't seem to be a way to directly contact anyone on their website anymore. Just a form.

I would suggest emailing USG directly about replacement cards. I feel fairly certain they will want to know about the problem and will fix it to your satisfaction.

Richard

Which makes me want to try the deck only version. Thanks for that.
I have the Commemorative Set as well as the tinned version, and the tinned is definitely thinner and easier to shuffle.

Barleywine

I would suggest emailing USG directly about replacement cards. I feel fairly certain they will want to know about the problem and will fix it to your satisfaction.

Definitely do this! They will get back to you almost immediately and are very accommodating about sending replacement cards for free. One thing I did was attach a scan of the graphic glitch on one of my Albano-Waite cards, which helped them see what I meant.

Richard

Make it clear to USG whether your deck is from the PCS Commemorative Set or the deck-only Smith-Waite Centennial. There seems to be a slight difference in the card stock.

treelet

Thank you for your advice! I couldn't find a direct e-mail on their website, just a contact form, but I did fill it out and included links to a small Imgur album with pictures of the damaged/misprinted cards last Wednesday, the 28th. I never received an answer (and checked my spam folder, but no dice) so I'll try sending another message one more time. If I still don't hear anything within another week I'll try calling their phone number.

Edit: My partner took it upon himself to call their customer service number and 2 replacement cards are on their way to me. Nice and prompt. Thanks again, Richard & Barleywine, your insight was much appreciated.