palm reading, what do these lines mean?

zorya

alissa,
yes! you have an 'M' too! mine is very similar, but deeper and seems to be more of a natural extension of the life and destiny lines. my forks are a bit different as well, as it looks as if they could go either way rather then appearing as branching off.

looks like it's time for me to read 'earth angels'. it's been on my 'to read' list for some time now, lol.

thanks again!

zorya

Dark Eyes said:
The fate line splits near the bottom, indicating a family influence in the establishment of the persons career. Possibly a conflict in this area, whereby the person wishes to be independent, but the parents influence is kinda enforced onto them. This can be a positive, but usually negative influence.
~~~the word conflict was accurate when it came to my relationship with my parents, lol... but i totally went my own way. they had zero influence. in fact, we have not had any relationship for over a decade. as i am a stay at home mom, i suppose one could say that influences my career, but i see that as a choice.

"The life line splits at the bottom, indicating a wish to travel possible travel later in life."
~~~ my husband and i did quite a bit of traveling in our late 20's and early 30's. (before kids). it would be great if this meant there was more travel in store! ... and heck, doesn't matter much to me where i die. we all have to die somewhere :D

"The fact that both these splits meet to form an "M" I think could be coincidence, but I agree that what Alisssa described could hold some weight also."
~~~i really know very little about palm reading, but i find it hard to believe it is just coincidence. the connection between these splits is very strong, and it continues down at least a cm, before curving to the right. it seems that by connecting my life and destiny lines, it might be saying that my destiny is a major/conscious? part of my life and visa versa.

"In some books, the letter "M" stands for "MONEY" and good fortune. In some others... it stands for the beginning letter of ones lovers or partners name."
~~~well i know it doesn't stand for money in my case, hahaha. my husbands name does indeed start with an m. ... but then michael has been the most popular boys name for ages, so there are pretty good odds for that one, lol.

thanks dark eyes! ..and i am really glad that palmistry is being discussed here again.

Dark Eyes

Hi there again Zorya,
Yes I do agree with you that is very unlikely a coincidence that these two lines split and meet to form an "M". All lines go certain ways for very specific reasons, though not always obvious.
The lifeline, is the line that I believe represents your root chakra,or your ability to be grounded in life.
Generally, where it splits can signify a change in attitude or a change in life direction.. It splits, showing your energies are divided, one line continuing along the course your life has been following, the other a change at some point in your life. Your life is not as grounded when the line splits, and in the area described it does tend to mean a desire to travel or experience other things, sometimes more adventurous experiences other than the norm. If the lifeline hugs close to the thumb, usually the person is cautious, but when it veers away at the bottom, there is a more outgoing sense of adventure.
The fate (or career ) line also has a split. I may have not described the meaning here as accurately as I could have.
In most cases, where a fate line comes from outside or from the Luna area, the person has independence as far as career or life path goes, often with intuitive or spiritual influence, or dealing with the public. Influences from "other than family" are involved in the life path the person takes.
When the fate line comes from inside the lifeline, this is when there is parental influence of some description in the clients life path.
If there is a split with part coming from the luna area, and a split heading towards the lifeline, I would read it as a conflict between what the client wants and what his/her parents want . The client being drawn two ways from a quite young age, torn between pleasing parents and doing what they know is right for themself.
In reading the combination of both lines splitting and meeting, I would conclude that your adventurous or independent split (from lifeline) interferred with your parental intervention (split from fateline) and thus formed an "M". This "M" may well stand for "move out of the way mum and dad, I will do it my way.
you may or may not agree with this, It is difficult without seeing the rest of the hand to give an accurate analysis. Many other factors must be taken into account in order to get close to the true meaning .
I have a very faint "M" myself in the same spot, but I am very close to my parents.
I have however done things my way, they have had an influence on my life, fortunately for me has been positive. I am adventurous, but stubborn. I like taking risks, but I have a very cautious and conservative side indicated by inflexible fingers and a lifeline that is joined to my headline for a fair distance. I am independent though.
Anyway, I don't know if this makes sense to you, but that's how I would read it.
Best wishes Dark Eyes.

amyel

So, Dark Eyes, Alissa, what about an "X" on the palm?

I read in one palimstry book - but only one - that an x anywhere on the palm indicates pyschic ability. I have 4 of them - and they don't seem to be made from crossings of my major lines, either - just like random "x's". One is right below my first finger, one is on the fleshy mound just above my thumb, one is pretty much below my ring finger & the final one I can see most easily is large and right in the middle of my palm. They are on my dominate hand, although I aslo have some on my other hand, too. I haven't always had them - they've developed and waned over over time. Sometimes they are stronger & more visible then other times. So what *do* these mean????

Dark Eyes

Hi there Amyel.
I will get back to you on the markings on your palm, I am out for the evening, but will certainly try to post an explanation as soon as I have time to put one together.

Will reply soon... Dark Eyes.

Dark Eyes

Hi Amyel,
sorry, it has taken a while to get back to you.I have been a bit busy, and I like to spend time interpreting these things, so I am still working on it for you.
I would just like to know if the x's are crosses, or if you look closely perhaps some of them are stars like this * only bigger. The one in the middle of youyr palm would most probably be the mystic cross (cross of intuition), or Saint Andrews cross. Is the large one in the middle of your palm between the lifeline and fate line? or between the headline and heartline?? Perhaps you have both. Anyway, post this info to me and I will try to interpret them for you. Thanks
Dark Eyes. :0

Alissa

amyel said:
So, Dark Eyes, Alissa, what about an "X" on the palm?

I read in one palimstry book - but only one - that an x anywhere on the palm indicates pyschic ability. I have 4 of them - and they don't seem to be made from crossings of my major lines, either - just like random "x's". One is right below my first finger, one is on the fleshy mound just above my thumb, one is pretty much below my ring finger & the final one I can see most easily is large and right in the middle of my palm. They are on my dominate hand, although I aslo have some on my other hand, too. I haven't always had them - they've developed and waned over over time. Sometimes they are stronger & more visible then other times. So what *do* these mean????

Sorry for such a late response, amyel, I just found this thread :)

I agree with DE, that it could be either a cross or a star that you're describing.

Crosses, especially the mystic cross, can be a sign of strong intuition. I read intuition entirely differently ... and in a way that flies in the face of all "established" palmistry methods (but that's typical of me). I don't deal much with crosses, and DE's explanation sounds faboo to me for how to interpret them.

A star is way different though. The one in your fleshy thumb mound may be an indication that there are some extremely difficult matters you're dealing with in this time that is literally sucking your energy into it, especially if the lines run deep here or pit the palm.

The thumb's mound of Venus is typically an area that shows stresses and concerns. A star there is fairly untypical, in my experience. It may also mean you give too much importance to mundane trivial concerns, and that you *let* them steal away your attention and inner strength.

A "cross" below your first finger, depending on what you're describing, could be actually be a "teacher's square". I'd have to see it to really be sure (typical palm reader answer eh?)

A star centered there is considered by Cheiro to be a sign of "great honor, power and position, ambition gratified, and the ultimate success and triumph of the individual." Happy news there eh? A star that is not centered, but in the region, shows one with great ambition, "but unless the rest of the hand be exceptionally fine, it does not promise distinction r power to the individual." (Cheiro, p.121).

Below the ring finger (on the Sun mound), a star often indicates someone who is involved in the arts, especially performance arts, and when well developped, it can be an indication of someone who spends time onstage in this pursuit. I see it most often with people who have several fingers that are well apart from the rest -- another indication that this person likes to set themselves apart from others, enjoys flaunting convention and drawing attention to themselves (all good traits for a performer ;)).

A cross that's large and in the middle of the palm sounds like what DE has already described to me too, so I don't have anything to add there.

I dunno ... it's always tricky when not looking at the real hand, but maybe some of those basics are helpful. :)

Dark Eyes

Hi there Alissa,
I like your interpretations. I agree with them all. I would like to know whether they are crosses or stars, like you, I know the meanings are very different. It also helps to know how large they are, in some cases. Sometimes, the size of the marking doesn't matter, but I would like to get a more overall description.
The cross of intuition, and St Andrews cross are quite different meanings too, so position is important.
To be continued, Nice to hear from you Alissa, we will be in touch again I am sure.
Take care, and bye for now. D.E. ;)

amyel

Dark Eyes & Alissa, sorry I haven't responded sooner - I've been pretty tired and haven't been on-line for a few days.

I've taken a good, hard look at the markings on my palm, under a good light & my stepson's magnifying glass, and these are definitely "x's", just like the letter X - not a cross like a "t" or a star.

The one in the middle of my palm seems pretty much dead center to me, and is between my heart & head lines (these are two near the top of the palm, right?). There is a tiny one just below it just below my....head line (the one in the middle of the hand).

The "teacher's square" Now this is interesting, because I used to have a square here (and I am a corporate trainer!) - and this still appears on my other hand - but this one on my dominate hand is now an X. No square. :(

The mound of venus....well, either interpretation you provide, Alissa, could be true. I am dealing with some difficult matters, and I do tend to get wrapped in "mundane" worries. :)

My degree is in the arts, although my job and lesuire pursuits aren't in the arts. I have been accused of being a bit of a performer, though. And my fingers are a bit wider spaced then most - I actually have a bit of a squared off appearence where the fingers meet the palm.

Thanks for your insights, Alissa & Dark Eyes! I find palmistry fascinating, but it is rather difficult to learn solely from a book.

Alissa

amyel said:

The one in the middle of my palm seems pretty much dead center to me, and is between my heart & head lines (these are two near the top of the palm, right?). There is a tiny one just below it just below my....head line (the one in the middle of the hand).

If it is attached to your destiny line, it is considered a sign of success after long hardships in life, a fortune marking but one with a bit of baggage attached, so to speak.

If it stands alone, it is a mystic cross, and speaks of one with fine degrees of intution, a natural.

The "teacher's square" Now this is interesting, because I used to have a square here (and I am a corporate trainer!) - and this still appears on my other hand - but this one on my dominate hand is now an X. No square. :(

:D Yup. Your lines change. Your life changed, you're not teaching. No square. I used to have the most killer writer's fork on my head line when I was novelling often.

Now, no novels. No fork.

My degree is in the arts, although my job and lesuire pursuits aren't in the arts. I have been accused of being a bit of a performer, though. And my fingers are a bit wider spaced then most - I actually have a bit of a squared off appearence where the fingers meet the palm.)

Someone connected to the arts in any administrative or related ways would definitely apply to a star on the sun mound!

Your fingers make me think of you being an extremely pragmatic person in how you approach things, mentally, when you make decisions. But I would need to see your head line to verify that ;).