Druidcraft Favourites and Least Favourites

Mystic Leo

I have only had this deck for a matter of days...really love it.

This is my list of likes and dislikes...I'm sure it will change as time goes by!

Ace of Swords
Six of Pentacles
Nine Of Pentacles
Princess of Swords
Six of Wands
The Magician
Death

Dislikes:
World
Ace of Wands
Two of Wands
Three of Wands
Cernunnos

Love the rich colouring on these cards also the artwork!

KaiMoonshadow

This deck is my absolute favourite :) I see new things in it with almost every reading...

I do agree with you about the World - it doesn't seem to quite fit with the rest of the deck's artwork. I really like the Ace of Swords, particularly :)

HellzBelle

My absolute favorite deck and I can't say there is one card I dislike. hard to pick a favourite too, but if pushed I'll say 'The Lovers'.
My only real complaint is that the card dimensions are a little too large for me, but I can live with that. Couldn't possibly bring myself to trimming off the outer borders, I'd be too scared of stuffing it up altogether!

northsea

My favorites are: the Fool, High Priestess, Empress, Emperor, Hermit, Moon, World.

My least favorite are: the slumbering Lovers and Devil, the Magician, High Priest (Texas Longhorn hand signal).

Overall, I really like the art, but don't like how so many of the faces resemble John de Lancie (actor who played "Q" on Star Trek Next Generation).

Cielo

Aside from my Radiant RWS, for which my affection will remain unwavering due to sentimental issues (it was my first deck....;)), the DruidCraft has got to be my all time favorite....I love all the cards there, the beautiful paintings, the harmonic vibe, it speaks to me in ways no other deck does and I just love it!!!

Favorites?! Hmm, they are many, but I'd have to say,

The Lady, I love the sense of abundance and richness in this card, it's just lovely.

The Lovers,- I think, the best and most sensual and beautiful Lovers card ever. It's astounding and incredible in its simple yet complex message.

The Wheel,- I love this card. It just made sense to me immediately, it's been my favorite ever since, it conveyed exactly what I have always felt about this card and not seen captured. I love it!!!!

The Star,- OMG! ARHHHHHG! Just exquisite!

3 of Swords,- I love this card because of it's multi layered symbols and hidden meanings...besides, finally a card that doesn't make the people I read for plunge into despair as it often happens when the traditional interpretation with the pierced heart comes up....(as it does when Death appears...gasping and shivering in the audience....:D }))

2 of Swords,- love it.

Ace of Cups,- love the richness and abundance here too!

Ace of Swords,- This is just such a powerful card, with the hand coming out of the water like that...though, being a well known hydrophobic it also makes me a bit uncomfortable....lol...

Hmmm don't like so much:

The Lord....don't really get him...

The World,- disappointing compared to everything else.

I'd have to think about this to find more I don't like,- there aren't that many...

Thanks for posting this thread, Little Buddha, it's been a while since I last used my DC....after I cut off the borders in a rare brave moment of adventure the cards are now a much better size, but I never did manage to find a corner cutter and the corners remain sharp and unpleasant....ah well! Perhaps it's time to find a creative way around that....:D

Back on topic then! :)

WalesWoman

There are so many I love, I don't know which to choose!

I'm not real fond of the High Priest, tho' I do think his hand signal is "Right On! Go for it!"

I hardly ever draw the Lord, but figure he has a lot to do with the pagan Earth Lord, the Stagg and hence the horns... they had a new one every year I do believe and he got to have his throat cut and bleed all over the place to ensure fertility after making it with the Lady, (no wonder she seems so pensive)... nothing like blood meal for nitrogen fertilizer.

I'm leaving my borders on, I'm not one for change I guess, even if it does make something more convenient... I'm not that hot with scissors and can still mess up with a paper cutter. :D

HellzBelle

Cielo said:
The Wheel,- I love this card. It just made sense to me immediately, it's been my favorite ever since, it conveyed exactly what I have always felt about this card and not seen captured. I love it!!!!
So agree, the image captures it all.

that doesn't make the people I read for plunge into despair as it often happens when the traditional interpretation with the pierced heart comes up....(as it does when Death appears...gasping and shivering in the audience....:D }))
I think this sums up the outstanding quality of this deck, that none of the cards and especially those that 'traditionally' spook people as portrayed by the RWS, on appearing in a spread or study examination, are likely to fill the novice student or querant, with fear/apprehension/trepidation on seeing them.

Leo62

I never could bond with this deck, so I'm afraid my dislikes outnumber my likes. However there were some cards I thought were truly stunning:

Death - has to be one of my favourite Deaths ever!
3 of Wands
3 of Pentacles
5 of Cups (love that otter!)
High Priestess - she's such a goth I love her
Hermit - cool wolf
Wheel
Moon
2 of Swords
4 of Swords

Dislikes:
The Sun - aarrggh! I want to throttle that child
Judgement - ditto above - potentially lovely otherwise
All the court cards apart from Princess of Cups (lol they DO all look like Q from Star Trek!)
Anything with a horse in it (this man paints animals so wonderfully - why can't he do horses?)
Lovers - too Hollywood for me
Magician - The Disco Druid!
Empress - She looks rather grasping to me
Ace of Wands
Ace of Pentacles - great bear, shame about the Pentacle
I could go on...but I won't ;)

Yes I think it's the faces that make it hard for me to connect with this deck - which is a shame because it's so beautifully painted. Guess it's a personal thing, as so many people seem to love it. :)

dadsnook2000

Self-Promotion -- not me!

Well, perhaps. Just to note that the Princess of Swords is available as a carved figure that can be provided on tarot boxes, book boxes and storage chests -- all shown on my Tarot Pride website. And there is an introductory sale going on for this figure. Dave

Mignonne

I love, adore and celebrate this deck! It's my absolute favorite and it speaks to me so beautifully I've had to buy a second deck, since I hoarded the first one all for myself :| Heehee

I think the cards I most love have to be

The Lady - She is totally the reason I bought the deck in the first place!
The Star
The Lord
Death - I ADORE this card. It's so...powerful...for lack of a better term
Fferyllt - This card clicked the meaning of temperance perfectly for me Love !
The Princess of Swords is gorgeous!
The Ace of Cups
The Eight of Cups - I really am just drawn to this card

I'm not too fond of however
The Sun and Rebirth (that child...weird!)
The world - it's just so plain compared to other cards, I was dissapointed
The Queen of Pents - This is my card! I just can't connect with it...I dunno...just not hot on it art wise :(

But overall I ADORE my DruidCraft Deck :)