Lo Scarabeo Cardstock

G6

The Nefertari costs more because of all the gold.

Look, if you think the deck is that bad why not contact LoS and ask for a replacement. Their customer services is brilliant.

I sold mine off immediately. I will email them though and see what they say.

G6

I am looking forward to it, I believe the card stock will be premium. I'm happy with LoS card stock in general. I like the Golden Universal card stock. I just have some questions about the Nefertari's Tarot.

ETA: The list price for the premium card stock edition of the Santa Muerte is $39 while the Nefertari's is list price is $49.

I can't be the only one who sees and can even feel the outline of the gold stamping on the back of the Nefertari's Tarots cards? This is not the case with the Golden Universal or the Klimt. Just saying. I still love my deck and will even buy another to have a back up and the other card back, but I can't deny what is right in front of me and for an ultra premium price for a LoS deck.

It was bad and thank you for confirming. I also compared it to my Golden Universal, which wasn't as bad as this ISBN of the Nefertari Tarot. It is all the more wasteful to bother with gold foil on such cheap cardstock. Your price comparison shows only a $10 difference for the gold foil Nefertari and the Santa Muerte without gold foil. They also advertised Santa Muerte with better cardstock, so what is the excuse for charging $10 more for the Nefertari on copy paper?

banbha

It was bad and thank you for confirming. I also compared it to my Golden Universal, which wasn't as bad as this ISBN of the Nefertari Tarot. It is all the more wasteful to bother with gold foil on such cheap cardstock. Your price comparison shows only a $10 difference for the gold foil Nefertari and the Santa Muerte without gold foil. They also advertised Santa Muerte with better cardstock, so what is the excuse for charging $10 more for the Nefertari on copy paper?

I don't agree with you that it's on copy paper. It doesn't crease or fold. You can shuffle it, it holds its shape, it's opaque. I don't think my deck is, to quote Gregory, "that bad."

I feel like I'm in the middle. 'Everything's wrong' on one side and then there's the 'move along, there's nothing to see here' on the other. :D

G6, my card stock feels just a tad thinner. I can faintly see and feel the imprint of where the gold stamping is on the backs. I do not see or feel this on my other LoS golden decks.

Gregory, if this is the norm, then fine. I'm not going to be in denial about it; but it's also not going to stop me from enjoying my deck.

G6

I don't agree with you that it's on copy paper. It doesn't crease or fold. You can shuffle it, it holds its shape, it's opaque. I don't think my deck is, to quote Gregory, "that bad."

I feel like I'm in the middle. 'Everything's wrong' on one side and then there's the 'move along, there's nothing to see here' on the other. :D

G6, my card stock feels just a tad thinner. I can faintly see and feel the imprint of where the gold stamping is on the backs. I do not see or feel this on my other LoS golden decks.

Gregory, if this is the norm, then fine. I'm not going to be in denial about it; but it's also not going to stop me from enjoying my deck.

Admittedly copy paper was an exaggeration, but there was enough of a difference that I felt it wouldn't last very long, so I sold it off. Seemed it would bend to the point of creasing easily and/or the edges may chip like with the Lo Scarabeo Tarot copy I received in a trade. It was the cheap stock and thin lamination of the Nefertari Tarot edition (see ISBN above) that led to this decision.

gregory

I haven't seen yours. All I know is that ALL mine are perfectly fine, durable, shuffleable, don't crease... And yes, the premium ones are on much thicker stock. I have several of those already (the Mucha seems to be a case in point, as is the New Vision premium edition.) But the regular stock is fine by my lights, and I'm sorry G6 doesn't feel that way - and is not prepared to part with her deck to sort it, so gives LoS no chance to defend themselves.

banbha

Admittedly copy paper was an exaggeration, but there was enough of a difference that I felt it wouldn't last very long, so I sold it off. Seemed it would bend to the point of creasing easily and/or the edges may chip like with the Lo Scarabeo Tarot copy I received in a trade. It was the cheap stock and thin lamination of the Nefertari Tarot edition (see ISBN above) that led to this decision.

I didn't think you literally meant copy paper. ;)

I'm going to edge mine in black to see if it helps, I think it will look beautiful as well.

banbha

I haven't seen yours. All I know is that ALL mine are perfectly fine, durable, shuffleable, don't crease...

So are mine. Just what I mentioned above, which I will not repeat again. :bugeyed:

And yes, the premium ones are on much thicker stock. I have several of those already (the Mucha seems to be a case in point, as is the New Vision premium edition.) But the regular stock is fine by my lights, and I'm sorry G6 doesn't feel that way - and is not prepared to part with her deck to sort it, so gives LoS no chance to defend themselves.

Well, you just enabled me. The Mucha has been on my wish list for a while now but I didn't know it came in premium. And the price is very good in comparison to the regular.

G6's deck is already gone, she traded it.

gregory

Technically it doesn't say it's premium, but it comes in a premium style box, and the card stock IS thicker than those in tuck boxes.

banbha

Technically it doesn't say it's premium, but it comes in a premium style box, and the card stock IS thicker than those in tuck boxes.

Thanks, I was able to tell by the box and list price ($39) that I had the right one. :)

Essjay

Another voice to say that I like and haven't had a problem with their cardstock. I think their decks are great quality. I'm fairly sure I have decks from a variety of decades - 90s onwards and all good, no degradation at all.