Opinions on the Ludy Lescot please

Miss Divine

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine's birthday is coming up and I was thinking about getting her this deck. I know she likes some darker decks, but how dark is it really? I don't have it, never seen it in person so I have no idea. From what I have seen though, it probably isn't a deck I would purchase for myself.

Help! ;)

Winterchild

Ludy Lescot

There are some great threads on this deck. It has a shadowy side, but also some dry humour. I love the colours, shades of violet and greys that give a feeling of another world.

I adore the deck, it is very intuitive, love the art and if I was given it I would be delighted!

winter

skywatching

I would HIGHLY recommend this deck

I don't normally like dark decks but there was something about Ludy that I just had to have her and I have not been disappointed. It has become my number one deck, I find it brilliant to work with and I get the most accurate readings from it because it works so well with my intuition.

I love the artwork each image tells you so much which I love because I'm a very visual person and I think thats why it works so well with my intuition and I don't find it to be too dark at all...so yeah I would give it two thumbs up

Miss Divine

There are some great threads on this deck. It has a shadowy side, but also some dry humour. I love the colours, shades of violet and greys that give a feeling of another world.

I adore the deck, it is very intuitive, love the art and if I was given it I would be delighted!

winter

The thing with those threads is, is that they are from when the deck first came about. Most were raving about it, and lots of those same people have already gotten rid of their copy. So I usually don't rely too much on such threads when a deck is still shiny and new.

I know she likes a bit of dark, but isn't it a gloomy/depressing deck? I sure don't want to gift someone a deck that will depress them! :laugh:

Miss Divine

I don't normally like dark decks but there was something about Ludy that I just had to have her and I have not been disappointed. It has become my number one deck, I find it brilliant to work with and I get the most accurate readings from it because it works so well with my intuition.

I love the artwork each image tells you so much which I love because I'm a very visual person and I think thats why it works so well with my intuition and I don't find it to be too dark at all...so yeah I would give it two thumbs up

Thank you! :) I'm glad you found a deck that you love so much!

I would also like to read some negative responses, before I do gift her these. She's not as nit picky as me, but she comes close. ;)

Le Fanu

from the other side of the fence

I would also like to read some negative responses, before I do gift her these.
OK, how about this: It's too cartoony and awash with heaving cleavage for it to feel like a serious tarot deck to me. I think this is the only Lo Scarabeo deck I got rid of. Just doesn't feel like I want tarot to feel. I want tarot to feel mysterious and sombre and full of secrets I want to unravel and god knows how this ever got a reputation as a dark deck. In the same way I suppose those horror films in the 70s with lots of boobs get a reputation for being not titilation but horror.

I'd hate to be gifted this deck }) I'd lie and take it back to the shop and pretend I'd bought it for someone who already had it but I'm afraid didn't know and oops I've lost the receipt. :D

And there's also all that stuff about some imaginary person that we're supposed to muster energy to want to find out about.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ludy-lescot/

Hemera

And I would highly recommend it,too. It is accurate and it is dark but with an interesting twist. It is not my number one deck but it definitely in the top ten.

I want tarot to feel mysterious and sombre and full of secrets I want to unravel
I want all this from my tarot deck as well -and this is exactly how I find LL to be
Here is a link to The Ludy Lescott Study Group where some of its secrets have been unraveled })

karen0205

OK, how about this: It's too cartoony and awash with heaving cleavage for it to feel like a serious tarot deck to me. I think this is the only Lo Scarabeo deck I got rid of. Just doesn't feel like I want tarot to feel. I want tarot to feel mysterious and sombre and full of secrets I want to unravel and god knows how this ever got a reputation as a dark deck. In the same way I suppose those horror films in the 70s with lots of boobs get a reputation for being not titilation but horror.

I'd hate to be gifted this deck }) I'd lie and take it back to the shop and pretend I'd bought it for someone who already had it but I'm afraid didn't know and oops I've lost the receipt. :D

And there's also all that stuff about some imaginary person that we're supposed to muster energy to want to find out about.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ludy-lescot/

I have to agree, I checked this out when it was recommended to me. When I saw a few of the cards it looked like the same comic book style artwork with too much emphasis on the women being sexy. It's just my opinion but it takes away from the deck for me. I know people who really love this deck though so maybe you should get it and see what you think. I'm sure you could easily trade or sell it if you decide it's not for you. Do you have any other LS decks?

Miss Divine

YOU got rid of a tarot deck?? :laugh:
The way you descibed this deck was hilarious!! :D

I think it's really difficult to find a deck someone will love.. Especially knowing they prefer a darker deck. I'm not into cartoony decks myself, but she on the other hand is, so that isn't an issue.
The heaving cleavage, that lovers card, and clown in the 6 of cups might be though.;)

Thanks for chiming in!

Miss Divine

I have to agree, I checked this out when it was recommended to me. When I saw a few of the cards it looked like the same comic book style artwork with too much emphasis on the women being sexy. It's just my opinion but it takes away from the deck for me. I know people who really love this deck though so maybe you should get it and see what you think. I'm sure you could easily trade or sell it if you decide it's not for you. Do you have any other LS decks?

That's the thing Karen, the deck is not meant for me. If it were for me, I would already know the answer whether I would want it or not.
Yes, I do have several LS decks myself. Just purchased the Sweet Twilight several days ago and I really like it.:)