Is There a Deck that You Just Aren't Supposed to Have?

LadyDeborah

I had so much going on in life back in the early 2000's. I had lost my dad in 2001 and was, and still am devastated. I digress, but when Tarot of Prague came out, I wasn't in touch with my Tarot obsession, so I missed it. Then later when I tried to get the deck, I would always miss out somehow. I know I could get the deck if I paid hundreds of dollars, but you know what I mean. To obtain them on a practical level seems to always elude me. Is there a set of cards that you weren't able to get that bothers you a lot? Do you think that maybe it isn't meant to be for some reason, if it proves to be so out of reach?

Penthasilia

For me it was the Arto tarot. Ever elusive, couldn't even find someone to sell it when I had the funds.

The breaking point came for me a few weeks ago when someone had it up on Ebay. It was still at a reasonable price- and I almost put in a bid, but then I realized that it just wasn't worth it to me anymore. The longing was gone and I was just tired of seeing it.

I did watch the bidding, to see what would happen, and it ended selling at a very reasonable price, probably one that I could have done- if I wanted to eat lean for a paycheck. But at that point I just smiled, deleted it, and realized that even if I had known, I wasn't planning on purchasing it- and it was OK. :heart:

I even took it off my wishlist. I don't know if it is because I am happy with what I have, found decks that really feed me, or just realized that uber expensive decks that seem really pretty at the time, for the most part, didn't have enough staying power to justify the money. In the end, I am happy without it and really don't miss it a bit. The one card I loved in that deck, a fellow friend and AT'er was kind enough to handpaint on a box for me as a gift that will be more treasured than any deck could ever be.

:)