So my conure had an accident on a deck...

conurelover

My conure had an accident on my Grand Etteilla. I wish it was a joke but it is not. It was in a stack and she had an accident on the corner. I proceeded to pick it up to shuffle it and spread the accident to over half of the cards before I realized what happened.

I cleaned the soiled cards. Is there anything else to do now other than let them dry on the floor in front of an air conditioning vent? Will they be ruined? Help. :(

AJ

They are sure a beautiful bird.
Since birds don't pee it must be feces, correct?

If it wiped off you should be fine, I'd follow up by wiping the whole deck with a super soft rag (maybe one of those microfiber cloths?) and then use them in good health.

We've heard a lot worse stories here :) Cards are pretty darn tough.

littlestar

I think you did the right thing and letting them dry fully before using them again should help.
I have a green cheek conure and he loves to get his beak on any deck he can find :)

conurelover

She is pretty. She is a green cheek too. :)

I trained her to keep her beak off decks though. Just didn't train her to keep her you know what off the decks lol.

Thanks for the tips. I will use a micro-fiber cloth on them.

:)

Cocobird55

I think wiping the deck off again should work just fine. I have a Jardine's parrot, and he would love to get hold of my cards to chew them up.

Green cheek conures are wonderful -- I used to have a couple.

Asbestos Mango

Well, even if the conure poo damages the decks aesthetically, the cards will still "work". My Senegal parrot chewed the corner of one of the cards in my Deviant Moon deck, and I ended up trimming the entire deck. Then there was the time I had to sterilize my Pocket RWS when I saw a woman I read for frequently coming out of the ladies room without washing her hands (Is there such a thing as an "eeewww" smiley?) It has white spots and streaks from the alcohol, but it still reads great.

nisaba

And further to the last post, there is something very appealing about a worn, stained deck. It feels loved and used, unlike mint-condition decks.

Myrrha

Nisaba is right and the well loved look would be especially nice for the Etteilla. It has that eerie old-looking look to it anyway. I do hope that the deck ends up on some condition that you are happy with though. Such a special one.

conurelover

:)
Right now it seems to be okay. No stickiness yet from the cleaning.

Jardine parrots are beautiful. So are Senegal parrots.

She chews everything but cards because she knows she will get put back in the cage if she does. Sometimes I see her walking around chomping on something and I end up chasing after her saying "Come here what is in your mouth," like you would to a baby. The strangest thing I ever found her chomping on was a piece of my laptop. Ugh.

Asbestos Mango

Yeah, I had to have an entire keyboard replaced because Shamus had seen fit to remove half the keys...

First time I ever did a runecast for someone in one of the rune circles here, he tried to steal a rune.