Feeling sorry for the Hermit

Cosmotaroist

I cannot disagree with Edge...The Hermit from Thoth is definately "cooler" than the RWS one....Atu IX from Thoth is very dynamic and active for me...as if he is ready to transform the egg in anytime as he wishes...also his "light" is much brighter than the RWS Hermit...who also happens to seem older than the Thoth's which is rich in potential...I like the Tri-head-dog ( I forgot what it is called!) from the underworld...

The RWS Hermit always reminds me of Stairway to Heaven.....speaking of which.....My old highschool....has a huge hermit paintings...it is "HUGE" ..imagine it dominates the entire Cafeteria ceiling of the high school......Interestingly...that highschool had some bad karma though out the years....eg. many people died, injuried.....could it have been the pre-dominance of that hermit over the school? i dont know...its another big mystery

SarahRose

I feel sorry for the Hermit, even by just looking at the card. I agree that the RWS Hermit seems content with his solitude, but this poor Hermit has been shunned.

Poor guy, nothing is right for him, lol.

knightofrainbows

lol he can't catch a break can he?
have you read the guided visualizations in 'a garden of pomegranates'?
you meet the hermit

thinbuddha

I don't feel sorry for him at all. Half the time I envy this hermit.

hope

This is all very interesting...

I have to go along with ThinBudda. I envy him, too. After all, he has the time and ability to seek solitude and some understanding of whatever it is that is so important to him. What a precious thing.

I like the lights. They clearly illuminate the dog. I suspect that the Hermit is fully aware of the animal. Maybe that's why he holds his lantern sightly behind him, to keep an eye on him. The lights, however, only illuminate _part_ of the spermatozoon. This suggests to me that the Hermit is only partially aware that it is present or that he isn't paying it much attention; it seems as though he's not too concerned with it. The egg is not lit by any of the lights we see on the card, but it does seem to be illuminated by _something_. Maybe from within itself? Or maybe from an unseen source in front of the card? Such a light-source could explain why the Hermit's hair and robes seem to have some dim light shining on them in spite of the Hermit's position in the shadows. If this is the case, then the Hermit has not found his egg all by himself... he had some help from beyond.

Not I'm gettin a little deep and I'll shut up.

-Hope