The Alice Tarot

rosebud_a320

Wow this looks soooo good! I love Alice in Wonderland and I really like these card samples....now the anticipation of waiting...argh lol

OctoberGwen

FaireMaiden said:
Is is just me, or does my niece look a little like Alice in the Wheel of Fortune card? It's okay, be honest! *lol*
She does, a bit, except for her darker hair & eyes. She's lovely. :) The fries look a bit dodgy, though.

Briar Rose

Yup, it looks just like her. She looks like she is a very nice person. Very pretty.

Essjay

OctoberGwen said:
She does, a bit, except for her darker hair & eyes. She's lovely. :) The fries look a bit dodgy, though.

She really does have the look of Baba Alice. I think those are whitebait not fries, lol!

OctoberGwen

Essjay said:
I think those are whitebait not fries, lol!
No wonder they looked dodgy! :D

And lest I make us wander too far off topic...I am breathless with the anticipation of seeing all of Alice.

Angeldust

Y'know, when I was younger I never really had much time for fairy tales and the like, and as a direct consequence I never actually read Alice in Wonderland. However, as I have stated recently in some Bohemian Gothic themed threads, the subtle dark twist added to the decks from Baba-studios intreagues me intensely.

The cards look incredible and after doing some research online into Alice, I think that this is YET another awesome release and one that needs to go straight into my wish list!

irmata

Essjay said:
She really does have the look of Baba Alice. I think those are whitebait not fries, lol!
Nope, they're fries. It's called poutine - fries covered in cheese curd and gravy from the land of snow :D

Aaand to bring it back: a few weeks ago I watched a 2-part TV movie modernised version of Alice. For the life of me, I can't remember the title or director D'OH! It turns out that humans are being harvested and "milked" for their emotions, as Wonderland's citizens can't feel anything otherwise. It's really beautiful and the world is wonderfully realised, with character adaptations that fit perfectly into their world and ours.

Remember, brain, REMEMBER!!!

Aerin

irmata said:
Aaand to bring it back: a few weeks ago I watched a 2-part TV movie modernised version of Alice. For the life of me, I can't remember the title or director D'OH! It turns out that humans are being harvested and "milked" for their emotions, as Wonderland's citizens can't feel anything otherwise. It's really beautiful and the world is wonderfully realised, with character adaptations that fit perfectly into their world and ours.

Remember, brain, REMEMBER!!!

Darn it, that's reminded me of a book I read with some weird stuff relatively recently. A teenage??? aimed fantasy type book I think.

I tried to find it by searching, but there is just so much alternative Alice I couldn't home in.

ETA: HAH! This is what I read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Looking_Glass_Wars

I found it via this which might help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_based_on_Alice_in_Wonderland#Literary_Retellings_and_Sequels

There is so much out there I do think it is wise to go off the originals to get your own inspiration. Otherwise there IS such a thing as Too Much Research.

baba-prague

Not "The Looking Glass Wars"? I haven't read it but have it on my wishlist.

edited - Oh, sorry, we must have been posting at the same time. Is it worth reading?