The Forest of Souls: A Walk Through the Tarot by Rachel Pollack

Suriel

I have a question about this book....
I want to know whether this is ONLY a book, or a book with tarot deck?
My friend decided to order it from Amazon.com, and it's going to be delivered. However, the book was bought because he thought it has 78 tarot cards inside.
Ah, but seems that there's no, since the Amazon.com doesn't mention about that.
Ah, please help me out here.
I just want to know whether it has a deck, or no.
Thanks

Lswern

jmd

Forest of Souls is the title of Rachel Pollack's book, and as far as I know is only sold as such, not as a set with a deck.

If anyone has seen it available with a deck as a set, I too would be interested in knowing :)

Suriel

jmd said:
Forest of Souls is the title of Rachel Pollack's book, and as far as I know is only sold as such, not as a set with a deck.

If anyone has seen it available with a deck as a set, I too would be interested in knowing :)
I see. Thanks, jmd. Seems that my friend is going to be disappointed! :(

Lswern

Khatruman

It is a book only, and if your friend is looking for a "how to" or "lists of meanings" book, your friend may be disappointed in that regard also.

It is a wonderful book, and one of my favs. However, it is more of a meditation on the tarot, a philosophical journey, than a book on what to do to be a tarot reader.

I don't know what your friend is looking for, but this is a valuable book in a philosophical way.

Also, if your friend is looking for an "accompanying" deck for it, Pollack's Shining Tribe tarot would be it, since references are made to the deck she created throughout (which is about my only sticking point with the book since it comes off to me as self-promotion, though I am sure she didn't intend that).

Suriel

Thanks, you guys...:)

The book has arrived yesterday...
Hmm, actually, it is a gift, my friend wanted to give to me...:D
Ehehe, well, though there is really no deck in it, i'm still happy with the gift -- it has so many good ideas in it! :)

Lswern