the urnash tarot

oogby

Guess I'm joinging in a bit late here, but these are wonderful designs. I love the typography and the borders on the cards -- everything meshes together really well.

Morgan of Avalon

Amazing I love it! Different and original, fantastic well done !

Egypt Urnash

I was busy today. Admittedly, two of these had been sitting around half-finished for a few days.
3 of Cups (nudity)
7 of Wands
4 of Pentacles

I suspect that I won't have this all drawn until summer of '08 (plus revisions!); 'late' is relative. The typeface is a work-in-progress by a friend of mine who makes fonts; he hooked me up with a beta version (and some custom ligatures) in exchange for credit and a deck or two when it's all done.

Anyway, thanks!

Egypt Urnash

I'm getting back in gear on this, as I'm slated to have an exhibition of the whole project at the end of August and over September - if you're near Boston, you'll be able to see these things on a large scale. Further details once they're firmed up...

10 of Swords
2 of Cups
3 of Wands
7 of Swords
8 of Cups

Alta

Fascinating takes on the images. Very compelling: use of color, of form and your ideas for each.

Egypt Urnash

Thanks! I have some pretty strict color rules I set for myself for the Minors; they help give them an identity apart from the colorful, intense Trumps. Narratively, I'm mostly just putting Waite and Crowley in a blender, and not letting myself look at how Smith or Harris (or the many artists who came after them) conveyed those concepts.

And another one finished today. Busy, busy.

7 of cups

raventepes

I'm curious on weather or not it'll ever see print. I absolutely LOVE it. I didn't catch this thread back in its first run, but I just got done looking through most of what you have shown us. Fantastic, amazing work.

Egypt Urnash

8 of Pentacles

I'm certainly hoping to see it in print. Especially now that I have a deadline for getting the whole thing done. I've been procrastinating on actually sending off some samples to the specialty deck publishers, but if I get it done with enough time I might try to do a limited edition run (probably without a LWB, or just the barest sketch of one) for the exhibition.

and now back to digging for star charts so I can include the proper constellation in a space scene.

Sidhe-Ra

These are great- I so enjoy your imaginative interpretations! They are quirky yet accessible. I can see this having the elusive mass appeal...

I wish you every success!

Em xx

Egypt Urnash

10 pf Cups

... because I needed to get some future into these cards again.

Yeah, I hope that these things will sell. I'm doing them regardless, but having a regular flow of money from people buying this deck would be pretty awesome. Thanks for the good wishes!