Robin Wood - The Star (17)

Catpaw

The Star i sone of my favorite cards and the one I medtitate on at night whenever I need to be more positive/confident about things. This card offers me the gift of the spirit of life and I usually experience wonderful dreams.

The 8-pointed Star above her is like the spokes of the Wheel of Fortune (10) and the crown on the Chariot's (7) head. Similarities among these cards, to me, are spiritual and/or self-awareness and belief, new beginnings, sustained efforts that bring about positive results.

1+7 = 8 and the Strength card enters into the picture as well.

What do you think?

annik

I like the big star and the seven smaller stars in the sky. I always enjoyed the nightsky, especially at this time of year. But here, all the stars are fixed into the sky. The seven little stars forming a circle around the big star. I wonder if there is some significance to it.

Catpaw

Robin Wood study group

I am a bit confused as I do not see much activity for this group. Is a group studying the Robin Wood tarot and if so, is there a special location/site that maybe I am not visiting?

MeM

When I look at this card I am at peace. It is peaceful to me, perhaps because of the pool of water that looks calming and cool. It reminds me of cleansing. But as I look past the greenery I see the cool mountains and I feel as though there is a definate change in atmosphere. (does that make sence?)

The star itself is very bright and I feel as though I might need to squint to look at it...lol.. I wonder if the 2 rings around the star signify anything. One seems to be a lighter shade than the other and dark and light come to mind when I ponder that... Ying and Yang.

The 7 stars surrounding... could that possibly be the different journey's in life? or perhaps different paths?

The patch of greenery in the forground... Are those Blue Bells? if so, what does that flower represent?

MeM

Catpaw said:
I am a bit confused as I do not see much activity for this group. Is a group studying the Robin Wood tarot and if so, is there a special location/site that maybe I am not visiting?

I have been away for the holidays. I suspect that because of the holiday season, ppl havent been able to get to their computers as frequently.

I'm sure it will pick up. :)

Cheers,
MeM

CelticGirl

annik said:
I like the big star and the seven smaller stars in the sky. I always enjoyed the nightsky, especially at this time of year. But here, all the stars are fixed into the sky. The seven little stars forming a circle around the big star. I wonder if there is some significance to it.

There is probably more significance to the stars than this, but there is 1 big star and 7 small stars... 1-7. The star card is number 17.

I usually have troubles with this card... I think it's a beautiful card, but when it comes up in readings I get stumped for some reason. The little booklet says that it is "a blending of the best of the past and present...... an awareness of two worlds."

With the dark bowl in her right hand and the light bowl in her left hand I usually think of positive and negative aspects.

One thing I just noticed is the water pouring out of the clear bowl. It looks as though right at the pond the land is going down hill, yet the water poured out is behind her, like she may have been pouring it on her walk over to the pond. It may not mean anything, but it's something I noticed. :D

CandyApple

This is one of my favorite cards in the deck also. To me it has symbolized hope and replenishing. She is pouring water on the ground. The deep green grass can't grow with out the water. So to me she is helping things to grow. To become what they need to be.

The other bowl to me looks like she has caught some of the night sky and is bringing it down to the river. Fill up the river again. Water to mean has always symbolized emotions. So it is like she is replenishing her emtoings.

i don't know. Maybe I am reading too much in the card. LOL

CelticGirl

CandyApple said:
This is one of my favorite cards in the deck also. To me it has symbolized hope and replenishing. She is pouring water on the ground. The deep green grass can't grow with out the water. So to me she is helping things to grow. To become what they need to be.

The other bowl to me looks like she has caught some of the night sky and is bringing it down to the river. Fill up the river again. Water to mean has always symbolized emotions. So it is like she is replenishing her emtoings.

i don't know. Maybe I am reading too much in the card. LOL

No such thing as reading too much into the card! :D Thanks for posting this... it has kind of helped me with this card!

Rhiamon

ok, this card meaning kinda confuses me..lol
the ight points on the stars and that there are 8 stars represents the 8 sabbats (I think)...and one big star is the ONE thing the seeker is centering on right now (their question)...the woman is naked and supposed to be in her dedication rite to the Goddess. The bowls are 2 halves of a whole sphere, meaning conciousness and unconiousness. The earth and water equal the same thing and that everything is balanced. Does that make sense?LOL...don't mind me, I'm tired..lol

CandyApple

LOL...yeah that does make sense...but sometimes..I think we can use too many symbols. They are neat to learn about and see how the fit in the card..but sometimes...they confuse us with trying to remember all of them,

(I like the image of the bowls though!)