What's the best edition of the Bohemian Gothic Tarot and why?

MoonGypsy

I love the 3rd Edition because of the satiny feel in my hands as I shuffle. I agree that The Silver is in a league all it's own. I have it, but don't read with it as I know it can't be replaced if something were to happen to it. It is a perfect deck!!

And of course, YOU have the 3rd ed i once had...:D so i am very thrilled it is
your favorite edition. i never did shuffle it, so in all fairness...i never really gave
it a chance to win me over...
But i have to admit that i also liked the 1st and 2nd backs better than the 3rd,
because i like the Memento Mori image...

i still do have my 3rd edition mini...but haven't used that one, either...

The Happy Squirrel

I love the 3rd Edition because of the satiny feel in my hands as I shuffle. I agree that The Silver is in a league all it's own. I have it, but don't read with it as I know it can't be replaced if something were to happen to it. It is a perfect deck!!

Does the 3rd ed regular size have the same card stock as the mini? I am assuming yes?

FLizarraga

Is the 3rd mini a true mini or more like pocket size? I am considering because I prefer pocket size and this is the only "dark" deck I like that seems to come in that size. Also, in another post, someone complained about chipping with the mini. How have you found the quality? Sorry for all the Q's. It's a more expensive deck, so I want to make sure before I purchase. :) Thanks!

This is the info at Baba's website: http://baba-store.com/collections/b.../the-bohemian-gothic-tarot-mini-third-edition.

I would say it's a true mini Tarot size --that is, smaller than playing card size but still larger than a mini Lenormand. They are, in fact, a bit shorter and wider than my mini Sharman-Burke Tarot. The images are nice and crisp, so you don't have to strain your eyes to see the details. (A mini of the first edition would probably have been disastrous, now that I think about it.)

G6

This is the info at Baba's website: http://baba-store.com/collections/b.../the-bohemian-gothic-tarot-mini-third-edition.

I would say it's a true mini Tarot size --that is, smaller than playing card size but still larger than a mini Lenormand. They are, in fact, a bit shorter and wider than my mini Sharman-Burke Tarot. The images are nice and crisp, so you don't have to strain your eyes to see the details. (A mini of the first edition would probably have been disastrous, now that I think about it.)

Thanks for the info! :) Is the physical quality of the mini good? Will it hold up to riffling?

FLizarraga

Thanks for the info! :) Is the physical quality of the mini good? Will it hold up to riffling?

I riffle shuffle. })

As far as I can tell, the cardstock is the same, or nearly the same as the regular size edition. Even if it's not, it's definitely NOT flimsy..

G6

I riffle shuffle. })

As far as I can tell, the cardstock is the same, or nearly the same as the regular size edition. Even if it's not, it's definitely NOT flimsy..

Oh good, thanks! :)

MoonGypsy

I don't have the mini to compare it to. Wish I did!!!

Well, i DO have the mini...and i used to have the 3rd...:p

IMHO the cardstock is identical...:)