Decks You Wish They'd Make Already

BeyondtheVeil

I'd like an affordable mass market blinged RW, like the Illuminated. With glitter and everything. I'd buy it for sure, probably in jumbo, regular and pocket size!

Right there with you! :thumbsup: I would LOVE a maxed out glittered Mythic Tarot deck in all of those sizes as well. I would definitely buy multiple copies as I LOVE...LOVE that deck! :D

I don't understand why publishers/artists aren't jumping on this bandwagon. The Illuminated Tarot is expensive and there are a lot of people willing to pay for it. I don't like the plain RW deck, but I :love: all of the BLING! It just makes me happy to look at it. LOL

I like that you added affordable... that would be the icing on the cake! That way everyone could enjoy bling! :D

BTV

Aivli

I agree with Frac_ture, a Marvel/DC deck would be really cool!

The last few months I've been reading George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series (anyone else familiar with these?), and I think it would make a great deck. It'd need to be nicely illustrated, though, not photographed.

Also, I'm a big Stephen King fan and would love to see a deck based on his Dark Tower series.

frac_ture

There was a Marvel super hero deck from Italy...but it's rare and really hard to find (and not all that great in my opinion)

Otherwise, there is the Fradella Adventure...which is made up of made-up superheros, but they still fit the usual archetypes. (I quite like reading with it...even though no one knows who the masked and caped people are!)

Wow, I'd love to see the Marvel deck you mention (and thanks for confirming its existence!) -- every time I try to Google anything about Marvel and Tarot, I get a list of links about the minor character whose codename is/was Tarot (like any comic book character who's been around for a while, she's died and been resurrected at least once...).

The Fradella deck looks interesting, but I'd personally really get a lot more out a Marvel deck -- even more than a DC one -- I was introduced to comics at a young age, and aside from watching DC characters on the SuperFriends cartoon, I was all Marvel, all the time. A deck like that would really have a strong effect on me, I think! I do appreciate learning about the Fradella one, though, thank you!

frac_ture

No not like that. Hard to describe (easier to understand when you see it) but lenticular images change to a new image when the angle is changed. Sort of like how holographic images work, but these are full colour. The bookmarks I have with this effect are terrific, and also very thin, so there is no worry of the deck being housebrick sized.

I have bookmarks of a jaguar in two different stances. Very effective. If this was applied to a deck in the way I described it would be invaluable. The 78 cards in effect become 156, or if you prefer - 78 but with obvious reversed or alternate takes for each image.

Will we ever see one I wonder......

Oh...sorry. "Hologram" was indeed the first thing that jumped into my mind when reading your description here, but I'd probably need to see an example to fully get what you mean. It's late for me here as I type this, but tomorrow I just might surf up some references to "lenticular images" and that artist that another poster mentioned in the thread to see if that will shed some additional light...

frac_ture

I agree with Frac_ture, a Marvel/DC deck would be really cool!

Yay for support! I'll draw up the draft of a petition to be sent to Marvel and/or DC...

Tanjamuse

An Oracle deck based on the Nordic gods (Or Norse mythology)

Odin, Thor, Frigg etc ...

Morwenna

This must be the 80th time it's been said (by me and several others), but a Discworld deck!!

Zephyros

This must be the 80th time it's been said (by me and several others), but a Discworld deck!!

A Discworld deck would be almost too brilliant, it seems almost a cliche to think about a deck based on it, but I would be the first in line to get it :)

Speaking of, are there any Amber decks out there, based on the decks in series of (bad) books?

cardlady22

Speaking of, are there any Amber decks out there, based on the decks in series of (bad) books?
Yes, one of Trumps; another full 78, Le Tarot Ambre. Look at Tarot Garden for scans.

sapienza

An Oracle deck based on the Nordic gods (Or Norse mythology)

Odin, Thor, Frigg etc ...
I'd like this too. I'd also love a really well thought-out Tarot based on Norse mythology. That would be great.