Anam Cara

Lady L,
I recently received my medium Illuminated
and love it! I chose the medium in part because
I feared the large would be TOO large, but judging
from the size of the medium, I think the large would
have been a good size too. Then again, the medium
fit my pocketbook better! However, I'm very pleased
with the images on the medium...clear and beautiful!

The bag for my deck is turquoise and sage - Carol
chose it for me and it's perfect! I haven't taken
the time to add a drawstring, but I folded a cuff
at the top (so both colors, blue and green, show...)
and slipped it into an inexpensive organza bag.
The bag closes snugly to keep the cards secure,
and the organza is transparent enough to allow
the colors of Carol's bag (and the Star card on the
bag) to show through.

It's a lovely deck and quickly became one of my
favorites!! I think you'll love yours too, whatever
size you decide on!
:heart:cara

Enchanted Luna

Hi Cara,

Thanks for the info! I'm so happy you love your Illuminated!! When I hear nice stories like that, I get even more excited to get my own. It's so nice to hear what each person chose as their bag colours/card choices etc :D The colours sound lovely! The colours Mary has as well are gorgeous - that blue/lavender combo is very striking!

That's a great idea - using the organza bag! Very clever, and secure for your cards! Hope you don't mind if maybe I "borrow" your idea too? :D

I am very excited Cara - after reading all the great posts about the Illuminated and speaking to Carol I can't wait to see it in person! I've decided on the large size, and a pink bag with the Empress card on it :) Eeeee!! So exciting!! :D

Blessings and light to you Cara,

Lady Lasairfhiona

Lavandula

Lady Lasairfhiona said:
If anyone has a pic of their pouch, I would love to see it.

Happy to post pics! (Bear with me ... it may not work the first time).
**edited to add: nope, no good. My pics are too large and I don't know how to resize them....sorry. If anyone can help, I'll give it another go.**

It wasn't a deciding factor for me, but I would have loved to see pictures of the bags before I bought this deck as well. They're a little different from the usual tarot bags you see around. (Maybe something you'd consider for the website, Carol?)

I asked for the Star card on the front and listed bold, bright jewel colours as my favourites (emerald green, peacock blue, royal purple, etc, like the sky in the card). I ended up with pale powder blue and white, so there you go. It's still nice and I don't count this as a minus at all.

I got the medium deck with iridescent paint. The artwork is nice, but I'm not totally sold on the iridescent paint - on my deck it looks a bit slapped on, not quite what I expected. But it is pretty. At the moment it's my deck for pulling out one card a day. The deck and bag look really nice sitting out with my daily card on display.

Enchanted Luna

Lavandula said:
Happy to post pics! (Bear with me ... it may not work the first time).
**edited to add: nope, no good. My pics are too large and I don't know how to resize them....sorry. If anyone can help, I'll give it another go.**

It wasn't a deciding factor for me, but I would have loved to see pictures of the bags before I bought this deck as well. They're a little different from the usual tarot bags you see around. (Maybe something you'd consider for the website, Carol?)

I asked for the Star card on the front and listed bold, bright jewel colours as my favourites (emerald green, peacock blue, royal purple, etc, like the sky in the card). I ended up with pale powder blue and white, so there you go. It's still nice and I don't count this as a minus at all.

I got the medium deck with iridescent paint. The artwork is nice, but I'm not totally sold on the iridescent paint - on my deck it looks a bit slapped on, not quite what I expected. But it is pretty. At the moment it's my deck for pulling out one card a day. The deck and bag look really nice sitting out with my daily card on display.

LoL oh thanks for trying Lavandula - it's much appreciated :D Sometimes it can be a pain resizing pics...I use that nifty little Microsoft picture resizer that you can download from their site - once it's downloaded, all you have to do is right click the image and then you can choose small, medium or large sizes....it really makes it handy :D

I'm sorry you didn't get the colours you asked for, although the blue and white sound very pretty and makes me think of clouds and a summer sky :D

I emailed her my fav colours, and she told me what she had in stock, and made some suggestions, so I'll know what I'm getting :D She helped me select my card for the front as well, after I gave her my choices ( I could only base my choices on the ones she had on her site), and she advised what other cards would look good on my colour choices as well - so I had lots of options - she's very nice and helpful.

I really like the looks of the card backs - light purple with stars...soooo pretty!!

Thanks for sharing Lavandula and good luck with the resizing :D
With blessings and light,
Lady Lasairfhiona

redflash

This is one I sold a couple of years back & I have regretted it ever since. It's lovely. Think I might have a quick look on the soul guidance website.... :)

Enchanted Luna

redflash said:
This is one I sold a couple of years back & I have regretted it ever since. It's lovely. Think I might have a quick look on the soul guidance website.... :)

They look fab online, so I cant wait to see them in real life....hehehe yes you should check them out again..maybe send a e-card with one of the cards to someone special or yourself :D

With blessings and light,
Lady Lasairfhiona

Sulis

I have the medium size without the iridescent paint. I got some card samples from Carol and I didn't like the iridescent paint; I thought it looked a bit 'slapped on' too.
I think it's each to their own, I love my cards without the extra paint and I think that they sparkle and shine even without it.

I asked for no card on my bag and I got turquoise green lined with purple. When it arrived I decided to give it to my daughter who uses it as a sleeping bag for one of her toys. I made my own silk lined velvet bag for the deck as I prefer my decks to be kept in natural rather than man made fibres.

The medium size is perfect as a daily deck but the large isn't too big. If I had the large I'd shuffle it by holding it vertically (by the long sides) - that's how I shuffle most decks anyway.

Carol is a lovely lady - I'm sure she'll send you sample cards if you ask.

Aerin

I'm wating for my medium with trad. titles and a pocket.

It's good to see the pictures of the pouches. I'm having a Hanged Man for my Medium.

It was the sample cards that made my mind up..... I do think it is important to see what the iridescent/ non-iridescent versions look like in person. There is a price difference after all.

Aerin

Muir Aingeal

My medium with the traditional titles came today and wow!! I am in love with this deck already!! It came sooner then I even expected it would and it is just so beautiful!!

I wanted the strength card on my tarot bag (God only knows that I need as much strength as I can get) anyway, she attached that plus she sent along a large strength card!! Very nice!!

Great work Carol and thank you so much!!

Granville

I just ordered a medium and pocket sized edition to go along with the large irredescent deck a received some time ago. I am at the point where I only add very special decks to my collection and I feel these 2 will be the last I "need" for quite some time.