Saturn return stories

MandMaud

It's not quite that simple, sadly. Saturn in the first or aspecting the first by square or opposition will have an effect on health - not necessarily continually but it will happen. Saturn is associated with age and it also rules the bones and teeth. Capricorn, Saturn's day domicile rules the knees. As I grow older I'm having issues with my knees and with my teeth. But they waited till I was in my sixties to manifest.
This (the bones, knees and teeth) made me look at my grandmother's chart! We don't know what time of day, but had a vague idea it was "in time for breakfast", so I'd selected 6am which puts her Saturn in her 7th. Could easily have been an hour different, hence in her 6th.

It squares her Pluto, but that would be common to her generation(?) - so my first thought is, they were the ones bringing up children during WW2, with rationing (or away fighting, of course).

I really want to get into rectification... eventually. I'm a long way from that yet!

I hope you find the solution(s) that your knees and teeth need.

No, Venus rules your tenth (Libra), so it indicates your success or otherwise in career and the types of career that are likely to work best. Modern Astrology doesn't pay the attention it should to house rulers, they were designed into the system for this very issue. Planets in the tenth are also important, especially early on or in beginnings but its the ruler who ultimately determines the outcome. As I have no idea where Venus is or how it relates to other planets, I can't give you much more than that. Saturn opposing your tenth will have an effect - there's always going to be a background conflict between career and home. It need not be strong (I don't know your other Saturn connections) but it will be there.

I forget about house rulers! So they must be the next "lesson" for me to focus on. This is great to see how Libra relates. :lightbulbexcited realising-it-does-work noises:lightbulb The career/home conflict has been a constant. I had no interest in "career" as a concept relating to myself, until I was well past 30 (though I did have jobs, but only of the "well, it's a job I suppose" variety). I instinctively knew that if I went for a job I cared about, I'd be "married" to it 24/7 and I didn't want to give up home life for career. But I've always treated motherhood and running the household as a career, and even have the habit of using "unprofessional attitude" as a criticism of other parents!

And lately, in the last few years when i've known I want to decide on a path but haven't got it clear which direction is for me, I have come to recognise that I'm best working with people, individuals rather than groups (eg teaching one-on-one instead of classroom). Very Libra eh! But thinking about it, home and career are still entangled in my mind: when I plan and visualise having a decent income, I picture it in terms of the home it will allow me to have. Also the travel, loads of travel, but my Jupiter is strong.

My Venus is in Virgo in the 9th, conjunct Uranus and Pluto, square the Ascendant (which is Sagittarius). I've related Venus in Virgo to the classic nit-picking way of loving :rolleyes: and my love of ergonomics, design that is both efficient and elegant, and being comfortable in secretarial roles. And sticking plasters on scraped knees etc. And it tempers my Leo (Sun) grandiose vanity quite well(!). I read a theory that Venus should rule Leo... have you come across that?

(I do know no one planet says it all... good to reinforce for anyone reading this thread, though.)

celticnoodle

Minderwiz & MandMaud, I don't think I posted about what was shared about Saturn, teeth, knees and bones, and everything else. I can't wait to figure out exactly what Saturn means for me, as I have terrible bones, teeth and knees myself. I recall when I read MInderwiz' post before, that it made me snicker, thinking, "AHA! It's SATURNS fault!" :D (I know it may not really be). But, I just find it fascinating that the location of planets in our chart can actually tell SO much about us!

MandMaud, also, my career/home conflict has also been a huge constant for me. I worked when I had no choice in the matter, and then when it was finally easier for me to be at home, I really never fully 'liked' it--wanting to work too. So, found part-time jobs in between being mommy at home. I sometimes wish I was able to go back to work again, p/t or f/t, but again, even w/o a kid at home anymore, it just isn't 'fitting' in with our life. I wonder if this is due to a planets placement somewhere. Your post though MM made me wonder on it--and like I mentioned earlier--I did get a laugh at Minderwiz' post on bones, teeth and knees, too. :D

LittleOne

This is very interesting thread.

Out of curiosity, I decided to see when Saturn was making its return in my chart. That happened at the end of September last year (or it was returning to the decan where it was at my birth). That time had a shaping effect to me, to say the least. I was seeing a lot of weird dreams followed by experiences of psychic phenomena. I had started my spiritual practices (tarot and meditation) about 8 months prior to that, and suddenly I was experiencing these things I could imagine only in my wildest dreams. I also had huge difficulties with my daily chores and had really low levels of energy at that time.

Don't know if those things are related, but interesting none the less. Oh, I have Saturn at Scorpio in my natal chart btw.

Fascinating - is it your twelfth house too? I know that I am definitely increasing a lot of my spiritual practices. The fascination is taking over. I know that it is all still very occult and not often talked about... so it feels kinda weird because I would call of this "my hobby". I guess that's why I'm on the forum alot. Not many peers around me interested in this sort of depth.

I don't have trouble with my daily chores but I have lost a lot of focus, and I was very drained of energy for a long while.

LittleOne

Actually you should feel the effects of your saturn return a year or ao prior i believe.

I'm definitelt feeling mine prior - looking at the ephemeris (however you spell it) it will be next year.

What joys have I experienced - left my job, moved back with the family, returned to studies, had shitty love life... hahaha... I'm not so sure about this "good stuff".

Well the good stuff anyway lol

You cant really prepare for it. You can hide. Because well no choices made in life is perfect. Its only by experience that we learn. And saturn is like hindsight 20/20.

True - I couldn't have done anything to prepare for the shocks, or to have stopped them. However, I did make sure I was "saving for a rainy day", didn't make any outrageous purchases and kept a good family life... so I could be way worse off if I hadn't built all those areas of my life up.

LittleOne

The point is that Sometimes Saturn can really rub it in by transiting it's natal location in both directions, firstly direct, secondly retrograde and thirdly direct again. I caught the second two. From what I can gather I was not a well baby, my life was saved by the midwife.

Yessiree this will be happening to me... February, May and November of 2016. Something to look forward to *cringe*

junethird

I'm definitelt feeling mine prior - looking at the ephemeris (however you spell it) it will be next year.

What joys have I experienced - left my job, moved back with the family, returned to studies, had shitty love life... hahaha... I'm not so sure about this "good stuff".

True - I couldn't have done anything to prepare for the shocks, or to have stopped them. However, I did make sure I was "saving for a rainy day", didn't make any outrageous purchases and kept a good family life... so I could be way worse off if I hadn't built all those areas of my life up.

Thats good that you are with family pre saturn reign. I think that will save you a lot of headaches, because what if you had lost your job instead of quitting?? Those decisions are blessings and a good way to stabalize your saturn return by bringing in reinforcements to help you weather any impacts. And good that you saved! That was smart. Dont touch it either. Let it grow :)

junethird

yes, that I know. I'm lucky that I at least know even an approximate time. My husband has no idea what so ever. His birth information didn't include the time, and his parents (now deceased), when alive, couldn't remember. He was the 3rd child out of 5--and so most of his information was somewhat forgotten. :laugh: His older siblings were too young to remember too. So, I was told to use noon time for him.

oh...okay.

wow. well, this is good to know, and yes, now I get why I should look up my pregnancy then marriage first and those of our daughters too. My pregnancy was a surprise--(I was on bc pills), and didn't the same exact thing happen to our daughter too! On bc pills and she got pregnant with the first child.

okay. many, many thanks for the advice. Not sure when I'll get to this--I'm hoping to find time Tuesday, as hub will be away for work, and it'll be quiet for me. Or I hope it will be! :D

Wow... Its very likely you and daughter had uranus transiting your 5H then... Uranus is known to bring 'surprise' pregnancies :D also Jupiter could have played a role aswell and a strong pluto transit who is known to change your current status. But first you need to see where the Lord of your 5H house was doing during that time and who he was hanging out with :D look at which transits during that month were visitng your 5H... Etc post you pregnancy chart in a new thread so we can help you learn :D

Minderwiz

okay. many, many thanks for the advice. Not sure when I'll get to this--I'm hoping to find time Tuesday, as hub will be away for work, and it'll be quiet for me. Or I hope it will be! :D

I've been following your discussion with junethird with real interest. I've not wanted to 'put my oar in' with some comments because it will simply muddy the waters for you - it's confusing enough for a beginner to make sense of the issues with one guide, having two is just a recipe for disaster LOL.

If anything comes of your investigation, or even if it doesn't, it would be interesting to run a thread on it, providing your OK with posting the charts (or better still disclosing the natal details). That would make it easier for junethird and others to comment.

MandMaud

post you pregnancy chart in a new thread so we can help you learn :D

For my own interest (if I ever get round to comparing my three childbirths in my own life, if 'childbirths' is a valid word ;)), would that be the chart at conception or the child's birth chart?

junethird

For my own interest (if I ever get round to comparing my three childbirths in my own life, if 'childbirths' is a valid word ;)), would that be the chart at conception or the child's birth chart?

I would look around conception.

Its a few charts actually and some math is required :bugeyed: but look at your natal then the solar return of the birthday year you got pregnant. Then bring up progressed and solar arc charts to see where you actually are. For past births you can also bring in lunar returns. Then of course you have to do it all over again with daddy's chart plus looking into composite charts aswell as progressed composite charts for that time period to see how your combined planet energies helped or didnt basically. Its alot and can be quite confusing. But start with your natal chart and look at the condition of your 5H and whats going on there in regards to dignities, power etc. then move on to look at other things... Only one planet snuck into my 5H aswell as 3 retrograde planets are in my 6H, giving me my libra stellium but with major delays. I will be a late mother, but hopefully more mature and wiser :) and after many tears anout the delays, i accepted that is my path aslong as i get a baby out of the deal. Solar returns, progressed and solar arc charts tell me if my time is getting closer :) thats the simplest form i can explain it.