Your very own list of "Top Ten Decks of All Time"

gregory

jmd said:
[in reply to post #40 above]

decks you own???

Since when? The opening post merely says: 'What are YOUR "Top Ten"?' - ownership is optional as far as I'm concerned. And as an example, you may have just lost a deck, or eagerly after another, because is is in YOUR 'top three' (and yet not own a copy).
No no - I said I was assuming that... Sorry.

I had a small difficulty, you see.... there is one in the British Museum that....

OK - wooden Kashmiri hits my top ten then !!!!

Le Fanu

Remembered!! My tenth one!!
10. Minchiate Florentina; I found an old copy at the flea market. Not "18th Century old" , but "nicely-battered" old. Feels good, sturdy in the palm of my hand. Exquisite engravings. It feels like it´s own unique Universe...

bleuivy

Ooooh, fun thread. My top ten would probably be (in no particular order)...

Wheel of Change
Fey
Hallowquest (new one with white borders)
Archeon
Noblet Marseilles
International Icon
Radiant RWS (trimmed)
Tarot of Prague

Those are the decks that I would keep if I got rid of all my other decks. (Which is actually a very real possibility ;)) And hmmm...that's eight. I need two more. Perhaps a photo reproduction Marseilles and...hmmm...the Thoth maybe. Just because, though I don't really get along with the Thoth. At all.

Of course, if I *do* end up ordering the Shining Tribe, Mythic and Crone, the list might change slightly...with three more additions, bringing my grand total up to eleven!

Jewel

YAY a thread where I can list that my beloved Cosmic Tribe at the top of *LOL*. OK these are the top 10 decks in my collection, that I have worked with and are my very favorites and have been for some time:

1. Cosmic Tribe - I have loved this deck for years, love how it reads and its energy. It will always be an all time favorite for me.
2. Golden Victorian Romantic - Aside from being beautiful, I have wonderful readings with this deck. This is another one that will never fall off this list.
3. Fey - another great reading deck for me. This was the first deck I had that did not have suit emblems on the cards, and really pushed me into reading more intuitively.
4. Fantastic Menagerie - this is a deck that every day grows on me more and more. The more time I spend with it the more I love it. I have been using it for over a year in study work and readings, and really love the way it reads.
5. Druid Craft - has the best courts to learn with in my opinion. Really helped me resolve issues of personalities of some courts.
6. Crowly Harris Thoth - I just love a good challenge, and love the structure of this deck. This is probably most favorite deck to study. There is always so much more to learn.
7. Fairytale Tarot - the deck has really expanded my view of tarot.
8. Magical Forest - this is my "Hammy" deck (as in Hammy from Over the Hedge Movie), I could just not part with it, it just tickles my heart.
9. Robin Wood - this was the deck I learned to read with, will always have a special place in my heart.
10. Tarot of the Old Path - the second deck I could read with. Along side the Robin Wood I used this deck for years, only to be put down when the Cosmic Tribe arrived and stole my heart.

bleuivy

Jewel said:
8. Magical Forest - this is my "Hammy" deck (as in Hammy from Over the Hedge Movie), I could just not part with it, it just tickles my heart.

I looove this deck, and I looove Hammy. Describing it as your Hammy deck just fits so well! Too bad the deck is so hard to find.

Edited to add: Never mind! Apparently Lo Scarabeo is publishing it! Just checked Tarot Garden. Estimated publication date is July, so we'll probably see it around December. ;) Yay! It's going to be so much easier to find!

le pendu

Personal Favorites:
Jacques Vieville
Jean Noblet
Jean Dodal
Nicolas Conver
"Tarot de Paris" (1600s)
Tarot de la Felicite
Cary-Yale Visconti
Visconti-Sforza
Cosmic Tribe
Tarot of Prague

Most Influential:
"Visconti"
"Bologna"
"Marseilles"
"Belgian"
"Besancon"
Minchiate
Soprafino
Etteilla
Waite-Smith
Crowley-Harris

VGimlet

Top Ten READING decks

1.RWS (and exact clones; Universal, Radient, etc.)
2. Gilded - my most-used decks for reading for others
3. Thoth - lavender box
4. Greenwood - reads like a dream for me
5. Oswald Wirth - also reads very well for me
6. Noblet - my best Marseille deck
7. Mary-el - I connect with this like no other
8. World Spirit - another great deck
9. Visconti-Sforza - who would have thought?
10. 13 other decks that I can't decide between that are on my top reading decks list so far.

6 Haunted Days

In no order....

Bohemian Gothic Silver (& standard)
Victorian Romantic Gold (&standard)
Pearls of Wisdom
Tarot of Prague
Halloween
Fairytale
Ma'at
Sacred Rose
Hanson-Roberts
Morgan- Greer

Wow, this was harder than I thought, had it narrowed down as much as possible and still had 15...those that didn't make the final cut but we're on the short list

Authurian (Matthews)
Wheel of Change
Tarot of the Crone
Artist's Inner Vision
Steele Wizard
Arcus Arcanum

Chronata

omg. I was just reading these lists, and I am just stunned that any of my decks would make someone's top ten list...let alone several!

I have never made a top ten list before.

*wipes tear* This has totally made my day. Especially as I have been so down on my own work lately

FaireMaiden

Ahhh, lassie... you and your artistry are beloved and cherished more than you know, {{{hugs hugs hugs}}}... If there was any way I could have snagged your 'Insanely Rare' deck, I would have! *lol*

But, I WILL have the 'Midnight Masquerade' in the next couple of months... (god, please don't tell me they're all sold out!)... and then, of course, the 'Minute' I missed out on and will have to buy or trade-for elsewhere... and then, the minors to the 'All Hallows'... and then, there is the 'Goddess' deck you're working on... and then, and then, and then, *lol*

Make no mistake... you definitely deserve to be in the 'Top Ten', *vvvbs*